Reviews for Mind Games
CharliDenae chapter 1 . 6/22/2012
First I want to say that I can't believe I've never heard about this story before. It is so very good and perfectly explains Alice's past and how she came to not be able to remember her life before she was turned. Excellent!

Second, I can totally understand why this story won first place in the 'What About Alice' contest. Your writing is superb! Although fantasy, the story is very believable, the dialogue flows smoothly and is true to character, and your first person account works exceptionally well. So many writers cannot write in first person without it being stilted or phony sounding. Your style is wonderful!
Domenique chapter 1 . 9/3/2010
Helo! I went through this short story as I wanted to get a taste of you’re other writing styles, I am a huge Alice fan and as always I love to let people know on fanfic if I have read something that is extraordinary good, and because of the way you wrote this story I would like to say you should take the time some day to read the story “Singularity” this is listed under one of my favourite Authors Openhome. Anyway just an Idea she also won awards for that story. think you probably have read it..hehe. But hey there’s no point in reading something great if you don’t share, that’s why I will be sharing you’re story’s as well*
Corinne Tate chapter 1 . 8/26/2010
Amazing story! I love that you've made her a seamstress, and with good reason! And she obviously suffers from asthma, which would be called "sickly" back then. I also love the idea of James and Victoria playing cross-continental hide and seek; it perfectly matches both of their talents.

All the descriptions were so good, like her little sister with the ballerina grace that Alice later enjoys, and the plans James has for her. I like that James thinks to savor her like good whiskey, and that he wants to change her.

And I like how Alice has her ability before she's changed. The vampire doctor has a pretty good gig. I like that he already wrote out the condolence letter! I can't imagine that she went through the change in a straight jacket!

And lastly it was interesting that even though James planned to change her and likely take her as his lover, Alice saw that he would have failed. I also like how he thinks her running away is a head start to the chase.

This story has so much packed into a few pages. As short as it is you didn't skimp on details or leave any questions unanswered. Thank you for not using all the usual adjectives to describe her.
moonlightstudio chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
I loved this. It was a great story about what might've happened bewteen Alice and James whilst she was human. Interesting and billiant!
FrozenSoldier chapter 1 . 7/17/2010
This was really good. I just loved how you described James' thoughts on Alice, and the way she dreamt about James in the alleyway, yet not knowing what it all really meant.

Very nice tie in with the doctor, I always find that part of her life fascinating to read about.

James is scary! But he did catch up with her in the end, but Jasper was there to help pull him apart!
bouncy 72 chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness. *shivers slightly*. That was excellent.

Lol, I didn't want it to end. It was interesting seeing what her family was like & that they were as terrible as I thought.

It was scary seeing how close James actually got to her.

The dr. seeing into her head & seeing all the activity was fascinating.

It was a great take on Alice's life, thanks for the story! *crosses fingers that there maybe a few more chapters*.

Lol, it was awesome.
RowanMoon chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Incredible job Leanne. I really enjoyed the slight twist on canon making Alice a dressmaker. Very nice touch to make her sickly in physicality but formidable in spirit.

The way that you brought her through the change with the gradual, subtle erasing of her memories of her human life was brilliant.

This one shot was full of suspense and intrigue and I truly hope you continue it! It will be interesting to see what Alice was like as a hunted newborn vamp.

Brava! Good luck in the contest!
Removed Forever chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
OOOH. I like. 3
don'tcallmeLeeLee chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hey again!

I really like that you’ve chosen James hunting Alice moment to enter the contest. I've always wanted to read about James’ “hunting games”.

I think it was a great idea to make Alice a dressmaker! Now, I know why she loves fashion. When a human turns into a vampire, that person’s abilities or gifts intensifies when he/she turns into a vampire. Alice was related to the fashion industry, so that’s why as a vampire she loved all related to fashion! Wow! I’d never thought of that possibility until now.

“She no longer saw herself lifeless on the floor, but writhing in agony in the dark, with wild and animalistic eyes rolling in her head.” This was my favorite vision. As I’ve told you in previous reviews, your descriptions are amazing! The images of the visions and the change were amazing. I think I will never get tired of saying that!

Good luck in the contest!

Stells.