Reviews for Coming Down on a Sunny Day
LeeMarieJack chapter 2 . 5/15
I have often thought that this entire incident was John Winchester's fault. He's there hunting the Striga and he just happens to have two little boys exactly the age that the monster wants. Then he goes and leaves them in a motel room? He's using them as bait, obviously. Why else would he show up just exactly at the right time? This whole set up stinks.
LeeMarieJack chapter 1 . 5/15
Castiel comes in out of the rain. I'm surprised John Winchester talked himself into caring at all.
xLord Lizardx chapter 20 . 3/31
Great story! I love how you portrayed Cas and Jimmy, especially that you even focused on Jimmy, which no one ever seems to do. And you had a likeable in-character John , overall, loved it. Thank you for all the work you put in. Congratulations on finishing it!
hellraven-ovo chapter 20 . 3/31
Hello, I've kinda stumbled upon this wonderful fic and ended up reading some of your other stories as well :D I really really like how you portray Castiel, as a family to Dean and Sam, the older brother who tries hard to make things better, yet still receives support from his siblings when things turn ugly. A very warm and loving portrayal of Castiel's more humane side, wonderful work!
enchanted nightingale chapter 20 . 2/28
Brilliant!
machu pikachu chapter 1 . 2/17
aah! funniest thing happened! i've been reading this very story on aooo and i was crawling around on your page after reading your son sg1 crossover and found it again! i was so confused for a second. but anyhow, just wanted to congratulate you on your excellent work
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 20 . 1/23
I’ve read a few time-travel rewrite stories in this series- ‘It’s All In The Details’ is a particularly good example of that- but this concept was a VERY interesting twist on that concept, putting Castiel in the Winchesters’ lives as a child and progressing from there.
The brotherly dynamic between them is interesting even without the mystery of what happened to Jimmy here- we can assume that Castiel is ‘hiding’ in Jimmy like Gadreel hid in Sam, but that didn’t immediately clarify what happened to his real family- and subsequent developments as you explore what happened to Jimmy in general and Castiel’s grace in particular was very interesting. The sub-plot of them trying to ‘subvert’ the Special Children also offered an interesting turn of events, allowing for an interesting glimpse that would also offer some intriguing evidence for the continuing argument about how much of their behaviour and lives were affected by the demon blood and how much of it was just them being jerks.
In the end, the only problem I had was the final identity of their demon adversary; the idea of something having gone back with Castiel worked, and you gave him an interesting history, but making someone that significant an OC just felt like a bit of a stretch (Mainly because, if he was powerful enough to do all that, what’s the argument for why he never appeared in canon?).
The final confrontations- both the Winchesters and the demon and Castiel facing Zachariah- certainly worked, don’t get me wrong, but a part of me still wishes that the final villain had been Meg and/or Crowley trying to turn the tables and make things happen the way they wanted, rather than a relative stranger.
Fabro de Verbis chapter 20 . 1/3
Amazing! Brilliant! Fantastic! Opteme!
PirateTink chapter 9 . 11/19/2014
I couldn't get more than two lines in before I was forced to scribble a very nonrealistic, no-art-training-what-so-ever doodle of "the whirlwind of limbs and school papers that embodied Sammy Winchester" and then I could finish the rest of the chapter. Just thought I'd let you know. You evoke very descriptive images with your writing.
Jet Set Radio Yoyo chapter 20 . 9/25/2014
I loved this story. It was very good and I enjoyed reading it.
Ibelieve24 chapter 20 . 9/13/2014
Excellent. I enjoyed this version very much. You are a talented writer!
Nicolene B chapter 20 . 9/1/2014
Loved this story!
Guest chapter 10 . 8/28/2014
221 miles to Colorado? 221? Are you a Sherlock fan?
Guest chapter 20 . 8/17/2014
Beautiful story, loved every minute of it. I very much enjoyed Castiel and Jimmy's relationship in this, lovely characterization. Jimmy was always a character that I felt never got enough love, so well done.
Vivid Escapist chapter 20 . 8/17/2014
This story is astoundingly good. It's everything I'd hoped to read wen I clicked on it, and so much more. I would have read it in a day in a half if I hadn't needed to spend time on last minute school assignments (whoops). As it is it only took me about 3, and they were 3 awesome days. You definitely have a very impressive skill for writing. I enjoy your style. Often when reading stories I get bored in really descriptive sections when not a lot of dialogue is going on, but not in this one. I didn't skim a thing. The amount of time and work you put in shows for sure. I will keep an eye out for anything else you post! You have a new dedicated reader.