Reviews for Bitter Escape
Neoalfa chapter 39 . 6/19
I missed this story. Your characterization has gotten deeper and I like what you did with Mercurio's and Lacroix's backstory.

Needeless to say, I hope to see more frequent updates, but I take what I can get.
kanemi chapter 36 . 4/8
Just found this story, and I am really enjoying it. For one thing, I appreciate that it is neither a retread of the game nor is the main character an overpowered badass who gives everyone lip. While you are following the main quests, things like Skelter accompanying the main character on the Plaguebearers' quest, or Paul helping him make it unique and interesting. Also, the explanations you give for Lucius' abilities make sense rather than coming out of nowhere.

And can I say how refreshing it is for a character who is not awesomesauce incarnate? Things like Lucius reflecting that he looks like a complete creep to Venus or how he is immediately cowed when faced with a homicidal Therese to being manipulated over and over again by everyone and their dog keep him from being boringly overpowered, while his pet the dog moments (ah Patty, who would have thought I would ever pity you) and refusal to give in keep you rooting for him.

The only nitpicks I have are really only regarding formatting. The centered text in the first part was a little distracting, but I think that that was only the first chapter. Other than that, there have been times where there have been visions or flashbacks where at first I didn't realize what was going on. Some way of events that are not actually happening would help me personally to distinguish, but, like I said, this is more of a nitpick than a genuine concern or issue.

Anyways, just wanted to take a moment to give a review and favorite this. I will be looking forward to future updates.
Utuu chapter 36 . 3/20
I'm so happy you're writing again. I can't wait for the next chapter.
Neoalfa chapter 36 . 3/11
I'm both happy and disappointed with this story. Happy because it's amazing, disappointed because it contains so many elements and plot decives from the story I was planning to write that I can no longer use them without it looking like I'm plagiarizing your work.

I'll probably still go along with my Tremere Necromancer main character (and I'll be using Confession as haven, although I'll be taking the crypt).

On a different note, I want to praise your characterization. Although I don't like Lucius all that much, I admit that you painted him realistically in context. The same goes for the other characters. They have been extremely expanded from the original material but without them losing their own genuine vibe. As a writer, this is worthy of praise. The world building is slow but steady and fulfilling and I'll be eagerly waiting for more. All in all this story is worth 8/10 to me.
Keep up the good work.
agd888 chapter 36 . 2/22
finally got around to reading this story and i love it, i think you have adapted the story really well and really like how you weave "Wraith" in to it. Look forward to the next.
invinoveri chapter 35 . 2/19
I would make a suggestion that you fix the formatting of your first couple chapters. People might get turned off the story when they see that. Also, there were some formatting problems in some earlier chapters when you wrote in italics; there were no spaces between words.
invinoveri chapter 34 . 2/19
Skimmed over the Paul stuff.

It really looks like Lucius is going to help some random Anarch vampire for no reason.. I understand Lucius has some mental problems or whatever but you have to realize 200,000 words about pathetic!lucius that never learns his lesson gets tedious to read about. I'm all for Lucius not being a political animal right out the gate but that's no excuse for being stupid. As realistic as you want to portray Lucius you also have to make him likeable.
invinoveri chapter 33 . 2/19
Yes Independent!Lucius. And if Lucius teaches that anarch how to raise a spirit he deserves to be killed. I would be fine with right after he teaches her she kills him.
invinoveri chapter 32 . 2/19
Liking how Lucius is getting more politically aware; he hardly made any mistakes here.
invinoveri chapter 30 . 2/18
Yes! Lucius is becoming a badass! His decent into becoming a menacing vampire seems slow but in reality this is his 5th day being a vampire so it's actually pretty quick.
invinoveri chapter 28 . 2/18
Wow. This was a really good chapter. You are getting good.
invinoveri chapter 27 . 2/18
I like Damsel too but the interaction between her and Lucius felt very unrealistic. No one gets bitched at and thinks 'Wow, I really like this person'. I could understand bemusement; where Lucius is of the mindset: I need information this person has afterwards I don't have to deal with her. And or anger.

I sense a bit of SI-ness which is fine, but just because you enjoy Damsel doesn't mean you would feel the same way if she was in your face berating you.
invinoveri chapter 24 . 2/17
This is a small thing, but what is up with this guy wearing multiple pants? I have never heard of this as a legit way to conceal a knife. I mean their must be easier ways. Not a big deal but it just seems odd.
invinoveri chapter 14 . 2/17
Nice chapter. Really liking this fic.
invinoveri chapter 5 . 2/16
Liking this. LOL'd at LaCroix telling him not to pick an outlandish name and then Luke renaming himself Lucius.