Reviews for Solace
greeneyedconstellations chapter 1 . 9/27
Love, love, love, love. I never would have guessed this was your first CM fic, it was that good. I love Emily/JJ friendship fics, and this one surely did not disappoint!
nooni19 chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
A story that has JJ being so supportive I loved it
Zebrastreifen chapter 1 . 9/11/2012
very authentic!
(at least the friendship-moments between Emily and JJ are - I do not know anything about miscarriages, but having read the wikipedia article about it before writing this feedback, everything makes sense, so... well done!)
GeeStar chapter 1 . 4/18/2011
I liked this short story... alot.

Thank you for structuring this storyline.

It was intrestingly... good. ]
xxChrissiemusaxx chapter 1 . 10/25/2010
I loved this story, it was sad for Emily, I think she would make a great mom. The friendship between JJ and Emily was great. I could see and hear everything you wrote. It was amazing, cannot wait to read more. Too bad its only a one shot, a sequel would be awesome :)
bookworm45 chapter 1 . 9/13/2010
Poor Emily. That is so sad. I'm glad JJ was there with her and that she didn't know for very long that she was pregnant. That would have made it even worse.
Caramel.Tart chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Oh My God. That's really sad but I'm so glad JJ was there for Emily. I honest to God cried halfway thru this and it so didn't help I was listening to 'Stairway To Heaven' by Eric Clapton. So not a good combo.

You've done a fantastic job with the characterisation in this. I feel like they all stayed true to their character and it takes real talent to write like that. Well done.

Keep up the fantastic work. I love reading it.

CT :)
DeborahsFrench chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I loved this story. Absolutly my favourite Emily story. Had me gripped from the start. So sad it was a one-shot though. It'd be fantastic if you made a sequal. I love the relationship you have between JJ and Emily. It is fantastic and so much like the show. (Kind of anyway. - Besides the plot) but I love the plot completely. So sad on Emily's half but it was fantastic.

To sumarise: I WAS BRILLIANT!

Looking forward to more stories,

AutumnMalarkey Xx
Nancy J. Lisse chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
Amazing writing. Sad, but heartwarming. Great friendship piece between Emily and JJ.

And please please keep writing CM fanfics... I would love to hear more from you.
selanc chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
I've actually had this story open since you first posted it, trying to figure out what to say. Basically what it comes down to is: I love it. Well and truly.

The friendship between Emily and JJ rings so true, as do their characterisations. JJ so efficient with the paramedics, and confident and caring; Emily with her 'I'm fine's. And then the trust and honesty between the two in the hospital. And I think the image of Emily pushing her face into the sheets, while JJ strokes her head is one that will stay with me.

Beautiful work.
chawkchic chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Black Tulip chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
I am and I have, so I can rightfully say you described it pretty well. It's every bit as painful at least-maybe not so fast. And maybe the treatment wouldn't be so conservative. I guess it depends on the person... and the hospital. Anyway, for a first time fic I'd say you did really well on keeping them in character. I just had to smile at the "female problem" reactions.
Jess chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
Wow, that was a bit depressing. Really well written and in character. Emily and JJ are my OTP but its really nice reading a friendship fic every now and again. Great job.
EmmaBerlin chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
This is a beautiful (even though dark and sad) story! It's beautifully written with lots of feelings and emotion and I loved every single line of it! And now I'll be waiting for more Criminal Minds stories that have your signature :) Thank you for writing!
Dani347 chapter 1 . 6/12/2010
I like so much of this. First the existence of it. I love the friendships on the show and there are very few friendship stories. Mostly romance or hinting to becoming romance. Nice bits of character detail. JJ being tough under her normal mild manner. Prentiss not wanting to go to the hospital.

And, I really liked how you handled the pregnancy. I've never agreed with some corners of the fandom that feel Prentiss has been actively wanting a baby. But, I don't think she's opposed to the idea. So, her not even knowing if she would have wanted a baby, especially without any time to have gotten used to the idea, seems real.

Other nice touches, calling Hotch discreet and proper (btw, a slight correction. In this case, I believe it's spelled discreet). JJ thinking Morgan would want to carry Prentiss to the plane, the conversation that the miscarriage wasn't karma for Prentiss' abortion. Just a nice and to me, in character, story. And, also, thank you for caring about that. Trying to keep characters in character is important to me, too. And, it's always better for me to read a story where I think the author takes it into consideration.