Reviews for Midnight Shift
Vaetra chapter 1 . 7/24/2010
The writing is lovely, and the characters are pitch-perfect. There is something so satisfying in reading a truly well written Crane/Scarecrow story. Keep up the good work!
makoto4ever chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
please post more soon and longer. I'm interested in seeing more... unless this is just a tease oneshot D: I liked it
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Snark while bleeding out on the floor? I approve.

Making Batman’s lines bold really reminds you of his weird rasp. Mind if I steal the idea for NB?

This is pretty, in a weird way. The confused thought process, the horrible description of his pain, his calm demeanor, it’s all kinda beautiful. Good stuff.
Bovineorbitor1 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This is gorgeous. :) Love the entire last section particularly. You make Jon's pain so immediate yet disconnected somehow, all fuzzy and half conscious, and the dancing between thoughts love.

I hope you feel better now.
Lauralot chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I'm sorry you've been feeling sick! Worst feeling in the world. I hope you recover quickly and completely.

I've said it before, but it bears saying again: Your Crane voice is fantastic. It's just so matter-of-fact and snarky and so very perfectly him. And still managing insults while he's lying severely injured on the ground.

"Public-service-announcement rasp." That's great. As is the fact that one of his rambling thoughts is "it's only a flesh wound." And "you're speeding." That's so anal and so something he would notice.

Poor Jonathan.

Your writing style is so pretty.