Reviews for Birds of a Feather
Kashel chapter 39 . 8/29
Wow. I am truly amazed how much love you put into the details of this story! It's very funny at times, but there's a coherent plot, the characters are recognizable, and although you switch between so many perspectives, you manage to keep their voices distinct from one another. I especially like Snape and Fawkes' similar atittude towards one another: They both believe the other one is ridiculous. This is definitely one of my favourite HP fics, and thank you for sharing it with us, although it is incomplete. Maybe you will find some time to finish it. Some day.
woodyt chapter 39 . 8/28
Hope you haven't abandoned this story in loving it so far
Sandra chapter 39 . 7/8
I'm loving this story. It's amazing. Please, please continue soon! :)
whitehound chapter 38 . 7/1
Yes, plus. he had to share a dorm with his fellow Slytherins - he couldn't afford to fall out with them.
whitehound chapter 36 . 7/1
That's a very clever idea, that Sev might have been angry with Lily because he suspected her of having leaked his spells.
whitehound chapter 35 . 7/1
The Dursleys are really rather tragic characters. Marge's obsession with beating little boys suggests that Vernon is an abuse survivor who has no good parental role models so he bullies one child and over-indulges the other.
whitehound chapter 34 . 7/1
It's been established in court that the Hillsborough disaster was the result of the police directing fans through the wrong gate and then failing to react in time when they realised that a crush was building up, and the fans were not at fault at all. Of course Petunia in 1998 wouldn't know that - but it might be worth putting an author's note about it, as anybody who lost relatives there would be insulted by the idea that it was due to a riot.
whitehound chapter 30 . 7/1
Those two Goth girls are definitely growing on me..
whitehound chapter 26 . 7/1
I love the idea of Fawkes's dreams going back to the dawn of flight - that's beautiful.
whitehound chapter 24 . 7/1
Oh *that*'s what scuttled across him in the night!
whitehound chapter 23 . 7/1
Yes, quite, I reckon Dementors feed on misery, but they have to get the good feelings out of the way first.
whitehound chapter 22 . 7/1
There's a canon error in this one - Sirius didn't split from his family till 5th year, although he may well have been kept short of money before that. He didn't become an Animagus until 5th year either, iirc, although Lucius might not know that.
whitehound chapter 20 . 7/1
Yes, quite, people forget that when the Death Eaters first came to prominence many Muggles believed that Muggles were about to destroy the whole world in nuclear war, and there was widespread panic about air pollution. Britain was also struggling with an outmoded, inadequate power supply and the area where Snape grew up was haunted by three serial killers. It's no wonder if some wizards thought that Muggles needed saving from themselves.
whitehound chapter 19 . 7/1
Good thinking, yes, in the Potterverse UFOs would probably be due to wizards.

I would have thought Snape would be keen to rescue a kidnap victiom - it's canon that he saved people from Voldemort whenever he could.
whitehound chapter 18 . 7/1
I don't think Harry really had time to do anything for Snape, in the book. I mean, Snape gave him an order, he obeyed it, and then when he'd finished obeying Snape only a couple of seconds elapsed before Snape was, as far as Harry knew, dead. He could have checked for vital signs but it's a common, lazy trope in British writing to have characters somehow just "know" that another character is dead because the author wants them to be, without actually checking.

This story is tremendous fun but the constant use of "mom" is irritating because it's so American that it constantly reminds one that these are not after all the characters from the books. It undermines one's suspension-of-disbelief. All the British characters would say, and think, "mum".