Reviews for What You Don't
Kazima Kuwabara chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
the end just made me split into a big ol' grin. loved it!
Elin B chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
In-character, hot and adorable; I enjoyed it muchly despite the faint envy I felt - I could only wish being able to write this pairing so well!
Searafina chapter 1 . 7/25/2010
Such a great story in so little words. D The ending was cute, simple, and to the point. Something that isn't as easy as it looks. I enjoyed this story, thanks for sharing!
Momosportif chapter 1 . 7/2/2010
Ahhhh! Pure brilliance!

You wrote this pairing perfectly, as far as I'm concerned. Not only the pairing, but really any match up of the younger straw hats because you highlighted some aspects of immaturity that should be (but often isn't) present in fics for the teenaged crew members. So cheers for the excellent overall feel of needy and choppy making out, really helped by the choice to do it from Usopp's third person.

Specific to characters, I don't think I've EVER read a fic that handles Sanji's cigarette by saying he keeps it in his mouth, which I fully believe he might do occasionally XD! The resulting burn and burn attention were adorable details. It was so funny and, from my experience original... now that I think about it, a lot of people don't even describe Sanji extinguishing his cigarette, so cheers for being prop responsible!

The characterization was just great, and Usopp especially impressed me because it's so much harder for me to see him in these kind of situations than Sanji. I think you gave him exactly the right mindset, reactions, desires, everything pretty much. You wrote him perfectly and believably in this situation, the interactions between he and Sanji too. In fact, my very favorite part may have been the running debate about who was a sidekick and who was whatever the hell he WANTS to be called. Such Usopp terms, but perfectly applicable to ! Now that I think about it, the complaints metaphor to gunpowder and the want to sketch Sanji's frustrated face were both equally amazing character details. You owned the characterization!

Finally, the basis of the fic was spot on for them and beautifully communicated. Sanji's frustration that he didn't have anything additional to himself to give to Usopp and the way as well as the words you had him use were phenomenally clever. The insistence to break off the love making and accompanying pissy attitude along with the citation of what everyone else had to offer was a very sweet and ingenious parallel between Sanji and Usopp. Of course, Usopp's confusion and eventual answer completed the sweetness with Usopp's appropriate daring mixed with timidity.

Summarily, thank you for the beauty. I hope my review is cohesive XD (and sorry it's so long)!