Reviews for Hellsing: Section Eight
FernandelDeLaFrance chapter 1 . 9/4/2012
Awesome. Completely, utterly awesome. It's well-written, the fact that alucard keeps in the background as a silent, unknown menace that threatens to drive Arthur Hellsing and Islands insane is a stylistic choice that works very, very well ,and you've kept them all in character (as much as we know about them from canon, of course). You enjoyed got some of those pecularities in British English dialogue right.

Well done. I very much enjoyed reading this story. Thank you for writing it.

Yours sincerely,

Fernandel.
LunarCatNinja chapter 1 . 7/26/2012
Heh heh, this seems like this could be what could have happened in the pre-dawn era quite nicely. W
Cantare chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
Very cool perspective. I'm glad to have found this story (through tvtropes). The complete absence of Alucard and the slight glimpses of what's really going on in the Hellsing mansion line the story with creeping dread. It's progressive and artfully done. Starting out with being mindful of when darkness falls. And the covering up of skin so that he has no wounds, and the covering of mirrors. All very creepy. A refreshing look at a time before Integra, when Alucard's presence was more or less taken for granted.
KrnYong chapter 1 . 5/11/2011
this was recommended on tv tropes, and now that i read it i think it deserves a heck of a lot more reviews. its very deep and thoughtful on the subject of insanity and the way that alucard's presence is always hinted at but not truly revealed is very chilling.
JackalWillis chapter 1 . 11/15/2010
This is interesting, we need more Arthur stories!
PenNameSmith chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
I like this rather quite a lot, you know. These are characters we don't really get to see much of, and it's refreshing to have them examined in such an original light. One of my biggest regrets in Hellsing is the gallons upon gallons of potential character development that never really happens. You develop these characters very well, Arthur's (seeming) insanity being the highlight. Such mind-bendingly illogical action, coupled with the far more terrifying fact that it isn't illogical at all, makes this an excellent exercise in psychological horror. It would have been interesting to see the reactions of some people other than Islands and Penwood (considering their particular corner of society practically makes a hobby of creatively ignoring the problems of those in their ranks who go completely snooker-loopy), but what you have is compelling all the same.

Additionally, you've done a very good job handling my other biggest problem with the series, namely, Alucard himself. I've made no secret of the fact that I personally find him immensely boring as a character (watching him fight monsters is exactly as enthralling as watching the Orkin Man fight termites) but by shunting him into the corners and the shadows you've not only made him interesting again, but entirely inhuman and flat-out terrifying - which of course is what he's supposed to be.

My thanks to you in providing a refreshingly well-written read, and best of luck in everything else.