Reviews for Summer Lessons
thebetawholived chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
Interesting start with a lot of potential as a story.

I bet there are a lot of people not taking the class who would benefit as well. Does anyone think Ron could pass the test?
Poet Wroet chapter 2 . 10/4/2014
Ooh, what do you mean Hermione is condescending to Harry?
Lady Siren Jade Riddle chapter 11 . 8/4/2014
This was a very interesting story with well thought out details. I greatly enjoyed reading.

I do have a bit of constructive criticism if you're willing to read it. If not, I'll leave you here with my praise! :)

The last few chapters read more like a very detailed outline rather than a full bodied story. The lack of real scenes or dialogue lead it to seem more like an overview of everything. I would suggest you expand it a bit and flesh it out by actually writing down more full scenes between characters. We don't need to see every detail and every conversation but lifelike interaction would definitely help.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/30/2014
Loved it excpet for the Ginny part of the story line. I can do with out her.
1sunfun chapter 11 . 7/31/2014
Interesting and good Story.
1sunfun
Leo's Lair chapter 11 . 2/14/2014
Excellently written, great story and decent plot speed. Well done. Cheers.
Alexis Rinaldi chapter 11 . 9/27/2013
I just found this story and thoroughly enjoyed it! It was a nice change from my usual and I added it to my C2 as a well-written fanfic. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and talents!

Alexis
Dubhe Epsilon chapter 11 . 9/4/2013
I'm not quite sure if I liked this. It seems to have very little in terms of a plot-very few obstacles are presented, and those that are are instantly overcome. I also don't really like your portrayal of Hermione, as a bossy, jealous, egotistical friend who is constantly trying to force Harry to spend time with her. I can see many of these traits in her-Hermione can be bossy and pushy about studying and the like-but I also see a kind and loyal friend that Harry wants around and others find interesting because of her intelligence and passion for what she believes in. But I won't go too deep into that-this is your story.

On the other hand, it was entertaining and, despite including many cliches, original. The grammar was excellent, and that always makes for a pleasant read.

If you were going to change this or edit it at all, I would advise you tone down the paragraphs where you discuss nothing but how much Harry's changed and how great he is now. I would also have you tweak Hermione's portrayal slightly-maybe eliminating a few of the more extreme adjectives-and bring her closer to the girl who was one of Harry's best friends. I'm not saying you should portray her positively, I'm just asking for a more fair assessment of her strengths and weaknesses. For instance, she stands up for what she believes in and fights for what is fair. You could develop a subplot from her distaste with the misogynist wizarding culture. She could protest or try to change it. Anyway, these are just suggestions. Do what you like with them.
old-crow chapter 11 . 8/26/2013
HI,

This was a very nice story with an original storyline. You obviously thought it through and developed your story quite well.

For some reason, it felt like you intended to take quite a poke at Hermione at every opportunity, with very little real reason to do so. That's an easy trap for a storyteller to fall in to.

Thank upu for takeing the time to envision, develop and polish your story.

Old-Crow
reader chapter 11 . 7/2/2013
Are you serious that how you end it, I am totally disappointed.
MuggleCreator chapter 11 . 6/15/2013
Awesome stuff. I'll be looking at the sequel.
It all makes a lot of sense! Pity the war interrupted so much in the other timeline...
Engrprince chapter 2 . 6/14/2013
Great premise. I have enjoyed your story so far. It is well written
flame55 chapter 11 . 5/22/2013
this is great
firebolthallow1572 chapter 11 . 5/15/2013
I loved story about being with Tonks and how they help Harry chance and being much Happier than before. Are you going do a sequel?
Steve-Arkarian chapter 11 . 5/10/2013
I LOVED this story! It was wonderful!