Reviews for Summer Lessons
licha.s chapter 10 . 11/6
nice story! entertaining, i do think your scoring system is not very credible.. i mean hogwarts classes are fairly small, so there should be differences in the academic performance of the different years which means an o would not be worth the same, .. its just a small thing that i feel doesnt make sense, furthermore if we follow these rules harry had to get an O (as long as he got a 51% or 55 or 60 depending on the rules) as he was the only one testing making it unfair to the rest.

other than that small peeve i really enjoyed your story,
BillBrink chapter 11 . 10/12
Loved it! Not much tension, but it was a nice family piece.
tag.0 chapter 10 . 9/27
First of all, I quite enjoy this story.

Secondly, I have a couple of issues with things that show up in this chapter. (I know they can't really be changed, especially because one of them is so intrinsic to the plot of the sequel, but...)

First of all, I suspect that the OWL scores are actually based on numeric scores as opposed to comparison scores. What happens if the highest mark on a History exam is 65 or something? That's a pass, but it's by no means "outstanding". Not to mention, what if everyone passes? Then the person with the lowest score *can't* get a "troll", because they passed rather than failed. Honestly, an exam that counts for so much should *not* be comparison scored.

Secondly, the whole "more than two prefects" issue. That seems unbelievably strange to me. Everything I've read and seen about a prefect system involves the prefects being "exceptional" in some way or another; it's an easy way for teachers and later employers to tell that this person has what it takes to be a leader and understands responsibility, and that they stood out from the crowd. Having most to all of the sixth and seventh years being prefects negates that "special" element. And even in canon HP, it's established that that's what the prefects are like (well, sort of. That's what they're *supposed* to be like. Dumbledore made a *bad* mistake when he gave the prefect responsibility to Ron - and to Draco; not that Harry would have done much better, I suspect). I understand why you did it - for the plot elements in the sequel - but I do think it rather takes away from what the system of prefects is supposed to be.

But, no matter those two particular criticisms, I *do* quite enjoy both "Summer Lessons" and "First Term" (I would never have written a long review like this, constructive criticism or not, if I didn't enjoy it - I would have just not continued to read it, much less put both on my Favs list.) :)
Nothing, and I mean NOTHING, turns a HP fanfiction to shit faster than Lord Harry. Or Lord Anybody. I won't even accept Lord Voldemort but I might accept Lord Shunpike for lulz.

Complete and utter muggle bilge.
Hermione is such a brat and the reason why purebloods think muggleborns don't deserve to be in the wizarding world. She is, quite frankly, a brat. A bossy wannabe-know-it-all-whiny-brat.
tanzar81 chapter 11 . 9/21
We as humans can always nitpick and poke holes in anything. But as a whole I found it a very fun and cute read. I found your stories just yesterday. So here I go to the next one. Hey maybe this one has a sequel.

After reading a few of your fics I beginning to think you don't like Hermione.. Lol
tanzar81 chapter 10 . 9/21
I enjoy how fanfic authors change the world to fit what they want. You always get something new that way.

That being said. If the grading system of OWLS and NEWTS worked how it does in your world. Then I am sorry to say that I can never see Ron being in the top ten in potions. Let's just say their are 40 students in his testing group. I can think of atleast ten named characters that would outscrore him in that class. And that is not even listing all the Ravens and atleast half the Snakes who have a brain.

So I really can't see why you gave him a E. But hey I love the fic anyway..
Cevan Shapeshifter chapter 11 . 7/19
I've already read a couple of your fanfictions, you are an excellent writer, and I really like your input on various subjects of the wizarding and Harry's life.
I hope you can continue writing.
senawario chapter 1 . 6/6
What a completely pointless waste of time this story has been. Other than getting your jollies making Hermione out to be completely OOC, what else did you achieve?
JanessaVR chapter 3 . 4/20
Ok, your version of the Wizarding World is even more horrifically sexist than canon. Hermoine is completely right in her judgement of it and it needs a violent revolution, posthaste.
adafrog chapter 11 . 4/15
Very good.
thebetawholived chapter 2 . 11/1/2014
Interesting start with a lot of potential as a story.

I bet there are a lot of people not taking the class who would benefit as well. Does anyone think Ron could pass the test?
Poet Wroet chapter 2 . 10/4/2014
Ooh, what do you mean Hermione is condescending to Harry?
Lady Siren Jade Riddle chapter 11 . 8/4/2014
This was a very interesting story with well thought out details. I greatly enjoyed reading.

I do have a bit of constructive criticism if you're willing to read it. If not, I'll leave you here with my praise! :)

The last few chapters read more like a very detailed outline rather than a full bodied story. The lack of real scenes or dialogue lead it to seem more like an overview of everything. I would suggest you expand it a bit and flesh it out by actually writing down more full scenes between characters. We don't need to see every detail and every conversation but lifelike interaction would definitely help.
Guest chapter 11 . 7/30/2014
Loved it excpet for the Ginny part of the story line. I can do with out her.