Reviews for The Definition of Want
Emjhai chapter 6 . 7/10/2011
...Well, you get the idea.

Everyone take notes-THAT'S how to write about sex!

What an absolutely brilliant and beautiful chapter, with honesty, sensitivity, and, above all, love.
Jeri252 chapter 11 . 7/4/2011
love it
orlysgirl4ev chapter 10 . 7/1/2011
This is seriously my absolute favorite fan fictions I have ever read! I have now read it twice and want to read it more! I have referred this story to many of my friends and they all love it.

This story made me cry, and smile and scream into my pillow when no one was watching. It was amazing and love how you portrayed the characters and everything. I cant believe I'm just finding this story now. But its a beautiful story and I serious want to print it out and make it into a little book and read it constantly.

Thank you so much for writing such a beautiful story! Word cannot describe how much I love this story!
KraneR chapter 8 . 6/29/2011
I think you have really captured the characters very well, especially Jacob. I thoroughly enjoy reading his thoughts such as, "people have been reading my mind like it's a goddamn library book". Passages like that capture Jacob's use of humour in times of stress, sadness and frustration - something that tells the reader he is the type of character who alwasy tries to find something light even in the most dismal of circumstances. It is consistent with how he never gives up and tries all that he can to get Bella, he always sees the silver lining.

I would like to see a little more from Edward and Bella. Edward is often depicted as perfect, as is their love for one another but personally I feel there were so many things wrong about them which I have yet to see in written form. The way the lives of vampires seem so shallow because they have this intense need to fill it with an obsession for material things (fancy cars, designer clothes, expensive collections, etc...) They don't seem to find the joy Bella finds in things that are mundane but familiar like watching a movie with those she loves, spending time with Charlie without the need to say a single word, joking around with Jacob about virtual age. Does she ever really "joke" around with Edward? I think it would really add to the story and the growing distance between Bella and her desire to be a vampire (if that is where this is going) if she starts to see some of the emptiness in their lives as evidenced by their need to one up everyone with material possessions, displays of outer beauty, maintainence of intellectual superiority, distain and a lack of respect for humans becuase they are regarded as petty and unknowledgeable without thinking that they have only lived a fraction of the time as the vampires with limited experiences and resources. In all it just seems like such a shallow existence.
Oridara chapter 10 . 6/20/2011
This the most realest AND hottest (all at the same time, I might add) Jacob and Bella fan fic. Tears were streaming down my eyes in this last chapter. Oh, what teen angst I felt when you mentioned the Sadie Hawkins dance...my chest feels better and I feel a teensy bit better since I shed a few tears...oh what a ride, what a ride indeed. Superb work, m'am, Siskel and Ebert give two thumbs up and box of Puffs (tissue paper for crying and snotty noses).
Oridara chapter 8 . 6/20/2011
Awww, dayum. This hurts! So they think Jake boned Leah? Oh, how it hurts to keep such a secret in. This is way too much. Much too much that somebody might just combust...you are awesome by the way. Where is your source for angst? This is golden, it is like my next favorite fic. It is the right mixture of sweet and salty and you can't really find that nowhere now-a-days. Well, if I could produce tears it would make me feel better if I just cried now. _Poor 16 year Jacob and I am dying to know if she is preggo and...what if she thinks she can't have kids and gets the change or what if she calls off Edward...fuck Leah cain't catch a break nowhere, I know this is Jacob and Bella's story but a little part of me cannot help to want that Bella has some hot ass cousin that Leah could bone before somebody a. gets married, b. gives birth, or c. kills a vampire or wolf. Jus sayin, that's what im axin'.
Oridara chapter 7 . 6/20/2011
" We could do this forever if she would just let me."

How angst-ridden is this? The sensuality and the shock of their sudden intimate relatioship almost have me in tears.

And now, when they barely know who each other REALLY is, they are bringing another person into the mix. I wish vampires would die.

My chest is hurting but I relish the pain that angst brings me, it's very different from melodrama and very close to what one calls life. Kudos and a different member of the pack every single night for you (except Sam and Leah, no one wants Sam's weak ass and as for Leah...well if you like it, I give you permission to love it). Oh, goodies, the conclusion is approaching. My chest hurts...
Oridara chapter 6 . 6/20/2011
OMG. I have totally jumped ship on the Jacob and Bella Fanfic wagon. I hated Bella's silly ass, demure character and all her whining and all of Jakes pining after her like some cheap melodrama. BUT, you have made the most kick ass Bella. A Bella who may not be good at life (who is?) she certaintly is in tune with her sexuality which says alot as far as her total awareness of things. I cannot believe she was coaching Jake...very erotic and tres sexy. Does not Bella realize what a huge piece of life she experienced? I have to say if all Bellas of Twilight fanfic where like this, I may just have to start reading Jacob and Bella fanfic again. I think it's your angst that attracts and your winnings. These fics make my chest hur and make my eyes water. Girl, I was screaming at work and they thought I was crying. Keep up the Excellent work, you don't have any Leah pairings, do you?
ladeerelli chapter 10 . 6/17/2011
I enjoyed your story, thank you!
1world-traveler chapter 7 . 6/10/2011
i love this story
Maxsmomma chapter 10 . 6/6/2011
Loved, loved this...wish the actual books had taken a similar path.

These have to be some of the best lines...and quintessentially Jacob/Bella:

"I want to spend the rest of my life loving you," I whispered to her. "I hope that's okay."

"Sure," she murmured. "That's fine."
Maxsmomma chapter 2 . 6/3/2011
This has to be one of the best lines ever and yet so simple:

"I nodded like I knew what I was doing, you know, at all."
Zapphe chapter 10 . 5/31/2011
That's very cute fun story. I think you did a very good writing as Jacob. The whole thing flows very smoothly and the characters are mostly quite consistent with the books. Well done.
BabyGirl1910 chapter 10 . 5/28/2011
I love this story. You did great connecting with the characters. And seriously, I think this was the way it should have ended. Realisticly, Bella was in love with both men. But Jacob knew and understood her better then anyone, and I believe she would have picked had she not rushed into marriage. Anyway, I just really wanted to thank for writing this. All of these small moments was perfect. You did Awesome! I wish you could make something following this story. Let me know if you decide to.
ARFess96 chapter 11 . 5/25/2011
I am a new Jacob/Bella fan. I have read Bella and everyone else under the sun, but I have stayed away from Jacob. Why? I cannot really say so this is new for me.

I have to tell you though, I love this story. Even if she upset me most of the time, it was very much an extension of SM's writing in that I think you captured her characters exceptionally. I feel in love with her characters and you have made them shine.

Great job! I cannot wait to read more of your work.
790 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »