Reviews for Addiction
LadyBigoud chapter 1 . 8/7/2011
This introspection of Cal is just fantastic! Awesome job!
csiAngel chapter 1 . 7/27/2011
Fantastic fic! Brilliant writing; an excellent exploration of Cal and explanation of why he does what he does. I love the notion of an addiction - and also that he is more addicted to Gillian. I am so glad I finally got to read this :)
The Madhatter2 chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Wow. This is so good. So heartbreakingly good. I love this introspection into Cal's thoughts. This is exactly why I thought Gillian pulled away at the end, not just because of what Helen told her, but because the constant worry and fear for him has to wear her down. The worst part for Cal is that he KNOWS just how much he's hurting her and he knows he can't change that part of him. I love that losing Gillian's constant presence and support is tearing him apart. This is so fantastic, I don't even know what else to say. Thank you for such a wonderful piece.
Rugbygirrl chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I love your take on the ending. I agree that Gillian is starting to distance herself to save herself and maybe even get Cal to realize how reckless he is with his own life. Perfect way to sum up that scene!
Kat's in the cradle chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
What a wonderful introspective piece! I would love to see you continue and actually have Cal confront Gillian. ]
nikkidog chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
Excellent! I definately like your take on why she turned him down.
SassyCop chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I love your take on this. I'm gonna go with this characterization of them as it makes perfect sense. Makes me feel better about the way this ep ended!
StepFurther chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
one more wonderfully written story from you! it was really fantactic! and it might be everything he felt that day. i loved it! so wonderful.
UseYourWords chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
You have turned what I considered to be a horrible ending into something I can actually wrap my head around. She does seem to be pulling away from him and I never did believe it was because of what Helen said to her. Your version makes so much more sense and it even makes Foster likable again. Thank you sooooooooooooooo much for that!
VEEBS8 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Really liked this story! I was so disappointed with the last scene in this ep, but your story helps straighten things out. Well written :D
sexyscientist chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
That was an absolutely FANTASTIC story! I loved it :)
3rdrocker chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
Gillian's behavior at the end of Beat the Devil was sparked by a comment Helen made to her at the beginning of the episode. She told Gillian to keep her distance from Cal otherwise she could wind up a lonely woman, hence Gillian not comforting Cal or accepting his offer to get a bite to eat at the end.
binhereb4 chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
This..I think ..is one of your best pieces ever.

Inspired writing...
MidnightOfTheSoul chapter 1 . 6/13/2010
So well written. And so thinky too. Cal really is stuck, because he knows he won't change, he knows the effect he has on her, he knows... everything. I really am interested to see what happened before the original airdate of this episode. Or... 2x20.

Without a doubt, this will be the ongoing theme between them this season. I don't see how it can't. Even though he won't change, the only thing I can imagine happening that would give him a reason to pause is if his actions cause either Emily or Gillian to get hurt. Which it will. Methinks in the finale. Even then, he'd probably only stop if it hurt Emily.

My excitement over tomorrow's episode is growing to an uncontainable level. Like... CAPSLOCKY JOY level. Oh goodness. Thanks for this, it was awesome!