Reviews for Razor's Edge
kcinnaysvp chapter 35 . 4/21
Thank you, for putting the time. It's such a gift.
Blaze1992 chapter 37 . 6/10/2019
It was interesting though a little confusing since some parts of the game were skipped over.
Hailomin9 chapter 37 . 9/10/2018
One of the greatest stories I’ve read, and there’s two more to read. This has been an incredible ride can’t wait to read the rest
suzuki11g chapter 37 . 3/27/2018
Very enjoyable read, from start to finish.
FORD B chapter 37 . 3/14/2018
Even though I have read this story out of order, still awesome read!
Revliledpembroke chapter 16 . 7/27/2017
I can't believe you got Keiji's name wrong throughout this entire chapter.
Revliledpembroke chapter 8 . 7/26/2017
At one point, you said Miranda was pointing her pistol at a "mercenary's behind." Maybe that should be changed to "one of the mercenaries behind the lead." The latter means she isn't about to shoot someone in the ass.
Revliledpembroke chapter 4 . 7/26/2017
There was at least on paragraph in this chapter that was confusing because you ended up "playing the preposition game" (to quote CinemaSins).

You were going on about what Archangel was going, and then you jumped to "he got shot in the back. He then approached the infiltration team, who didn't stand a chance" (paraphrased, of course). This makes it sound like Archangel is up in the room doing his sniping thing, then jumped/teleported down, got shot in the back, and then killed the infiltration team.

You need to clarify Shepard is doing these things. It's probably something that just got left out while you were in a frenzy writing this chapter, but it's still important, because it's very confusing to try and figure out which "he" you could be referring to at any given time. Not if you don't put in their names.
Revliledpembroke chapter 2 . 7/25/2017
He hadn't seen a Quarian until he became a Spectre?

But, Tali's info is what proves Saren is dirty and is what makes Shep a Spectre...
golden 0ne chapter 37 . 5/24/2017
Thank you! I'm so glad you continued... Goin to continue with the others you wrote. Enjoy your story so much.
KingRamses chapter 36 . 4/29/2017
Enjoyed this from start to finish. Thank you
mysticexarch chapter 36 . 3/12/2017
Wow. This story was so good that I finished it almost all the way through in one sitting which is insane. It's easily the best Mass Effect fanfiction I've ever read.

I have so many positive things to say about your work. First of all, I really love the way you decided to tackle a novelization. Even though deep down this is the same story I've experienced before, you made it feel fresh, as if I was experiencing it all over again for the very first time. I opened up each chapter excited to see where things were going, since you would go off script while still retaining some of the more foundational scenes albeit with a twist. And I never felt bored because you mostly skipped the plain sequences from the game and tedious battles that we've all seen before.

In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that the way your write made the story even more rewarding than the game. The main reason I say this is that because your characterizations are much more vivid and deep, going above what the game can do in it's very limited format. In some ways, you've made me think that Mass Effect 2 should've been a novel instead of a game! Your writing has a really...prolific, candid quality that puts things in perspective even better than fancy AAA graphics can.

And the pay off to their relationship...it's all the more rewarding for the slow build up and hurdles that they face in their along the way. I really like that you showed *why* they belong together, rather than just paint them as a lovesick and overly dramatic couple who instantly fall in extreme love without hesitation, like a lot of Talimancers do. Their relationship didn't take over the story, but it made a beautiful undercurrent. I feel that you've done the personalities of the characters justice. I.E. Tali isn't just a one-dimensional lovestruck awkward nerd, but actually a badass with more facets of personality. Their interactions are very entertaining without being too cheesy or cliche.

Another thing: this theme of Shepard going crazy from stress and needing help to stay sane, I really dig that. I wish the games covered Shepard's internal struggle a little better, as I love the idea of this battle-worn, scarred, troubled soldier with many regrets, perhaps byronic even. The games were very unrealistic for making him seem unflappable and perfectly-adjusted IMO, so it's great to see someone fix that. It adds depth to his relationship with Tali as well.

A couple more things I really want to call out: it was a stroke of genius to have Urz join the crew. I always wanted that in the game and was so disappointed that he doesn't. And the other thing is that fight scene with the krogan battlemaster was BAD. ASS.

I could sit here and gush all day but I think you get the idea. I really feel like if you cleaned up the typos you could be a professional writer. You clearly have the passion and the skill.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/24/2017
420 blaze it
Simply Christian chapter 36 . 11/30/2016
After finishing "Razor's Edge: Requiem," I decided to go back and read the series from start to finish again, and this time leave reviews.

For starters, it was interesting to see the difference in writing at the beginning compared to the way "Requiem" is told. There's a clear sign of you improving your writing over time.

Your decision to merge some of the quests (Kasumi and Zaeed, Samara and Thane, for example) was wise and made the plot more streamlined.

I liked your characterization of Shepard as someone who was usually Paragon, but was willing and able to perform less savory actions when necessary, such as destroying Purgatory, killing Maelon, and taking out red sand dealers for Aria.

I like how you expanded on the introduction of Legion to the Normandy crew, particularly the conflict it sparked between Shepard and Tali. Shepard rightly reminds Tali that while the quarians didn't deserve to be remain outcasts for three hundred years, it was the quarians who first tried to exterminate the geth which led to their exile. However, he also straight up tells her that he is unwilling to allow this difference to separate them.
Kasumi's discussion with Tali certainly helped the latter see the perspective from Shepard's perspective, and better understand Shepard's willingness to judge *everyone* by their individual actions. It was good to see Tali speak with Legion of her own accord after these new perspectives had been introduced to her.
This arc culminated in the mission to the heretic geth's station, and Shepard's decision to have Tali be the one to determine whether or not they should introduce the virus which would free the geth from the Reapers, or to just destroy them. And Tali's choice to use the former demonstrated her growth as a character, to demonstrate she has risen above her people's and her father's expectations.

The romance between Shepard and Tali was well-done, and one of the best I've read of this pairing.

Probably the funniest moment was the revelation that almost everyone had been betting on Shepard and Tali's relationship. The real kicker was hearing the reasons why the holdouts didn't participate; "unfortunately" Samara's code wouldn't allow her, Legion didn't know, and Kasumi thought she had an unfair advantage.
I also liked the little reference to "Babylon 5," when Tali is asking about an Earth animal that has a bill, feathers, and goes "quack."

All in all, great job on this retelling of "Mass Effect 2."
FusRoDerp chapter 36 . 11/26/2016
This is by far one of the best Mass Effect fanfics I have ever read.