Reviews for Razor's Edge
JZX100 chapter 37 . 7/26
I know its probably been years since you've looked at reviews for this story you wrote but I just wanted to say GOD DAMN MAN! This was a good fuckin read. Read all of it over the course of a few days and I'm excited to see that there is more. Very seldom do I find a fanfic that is as well written as this. My only wish is that you were still around writing.
Eonflare chapter 6 . 5/23
Ah, so you're kinda just glossing over the dossier missions because they don't really have much important stuff from a story perspective. Okay, I guess that makes sense.
Eonflare chapter 5 . 5/23
I have to admit, that did feel very short. The fast paced story is nice, but that felt a bit too fast.
Eonflare chapter 4 . 5/23
Awww, he didn't shove the tool into Cathka's back? That was funny.
Eonflare chapter 3 . 5/23
Well, that was tense. I wonder what it's actually like seeing someone you thought was dead for years.
Eonflare chapter 2 . 5/23
Well I'm definitely liking this fast-paced style. I does assume that you've played the games before, but I'm fine with that as my brain can automatically fill in the blanks.
I didn't notice a ME1 story though, hopefully this story will fill in the blanks.
Eonflare chapter 1 . 5/23
Well, I've heard some good things about this, so I guess it's time to get started.
Immediately I noticed that's it's much faster paced, but when your ship is under attack, you don't really take the time to argue with your pilot in favour of simply throwing him into the escape pods. So points for realism. I like it.
saispas99 chapter 12 . 5/15
Myron23 again chapter 30 . 4/16
Why, in most stories, does Samara (or Shepard) not have at least enough decency to at least give the body a proper disposal instead of simply leaving it there to rot?
Dang good read, you're a hell of an author bro beans.
Trexvik96 chapter 36 . 3/21
Except for a few spelling errors that I'm more than willing to forgive, I honestly believe that this fanfiction is in my very humble opinion one of the best ones ever written.

I look forward to reading the rest of your stories, GREAT JOB! :)
natureguy85 chapter 13 . 8/24/2015
I like the conversation between Tali and Shepard at the start. It’s sweet and it makes sense given Tali’s realization at the end of the last chapter. However, the previous chapter’s events are begging to have someone challenge Shepard on his behavior. Tali excuses it, but she’s one of Shepard’s closest friends and loves him. She has a rose-colored visor on when it comes to Shepard. But what about Garrus? Obviously Garrus would still look out for Shepard, but Shepard will later ponder how Garrus never hesitates to tell him he’s wrong. Where is that? I picture the scene in U-571 where the Chief berates the First Mate turned Captain for telling the sailors he didn’t know what they were going to do. “The Skipper always knows what to do, whether he does or not.” He was still respectful and not insubordinate, but sad something the Captain needed to hear. watch?vIV79EIZVuHQ.

Also, I note Shepard “kick(s) himself for being so unprofessional,” because of having his head in Tali’s lap but not for his behavior the previous night. I know I mentioned this last chapter, so this is the last time I’ll bring it up.

Shepard’s initial reaction to getting Quin’Sala’s contract is kind of funny and I really enjoyed TIM questioning a mysterious charge on his expense report. But what is the purpose of the conversation with Aethyta, other than to get Shepard out from under the contract? It’s long and, in my opinion, needless filler. I don’t think it’s worth the small laugh mentioned above. The dialogue is actually good, but I just don’t see why it’s in there. We don’t need Shepard having some soft spot for Quarians because Tali already loves him and it’s clear he has feelings for her. It might make sense if Tali had some issue with the idea of dating humans or any alien, but she doesn’t. Honestly, the fate of Quin’Sala isn’t important and doesn’t need to be resolved. Shepard getting mad about it and causing a ruckus is all that matters. In fact it might be funny if you just did the TIM scene and some Cerberus lawyer had to work it out off-screen.

As a lore nitpick, Aethyta wouldn’t refer to the Morning War by that name because that is the Geth name that she would have no way of knowing.

You lose 50 points for no dirty joke when Joker says the line about people getting on or off his girl without him knowing!

Another minor lore note; the Collector Cruiser is just that; a cruiser, and so it is definitely not larger than the Destiny Ascension or any other dreadnaught. Like the others, this doesn’t affect the story, but it’s something someone familiar with the series would notice.

One of my favorite things about your adaptation is that you give the rest of the ground team something to do on missions. Taking only two companions is a gameplay mechanic but that makes it seem silly to have 12 people on the team that don’t do anything. It’s definitely character overload. The roles you give the other teams on the Collector cruiser make sense.

Shepard hopes they will try out the new guns on the Collector Cruiser. They already did that with Purgatory so the phrase doesn’t make much sense. I guess Joker didn’t get to fire them that time.
Another minor question; why would EDI speak through speakers on the console, where others can hear, rather than directly into their comlinks? Worse is later when she mentions opening a door to Shepard’s “east” which would make no sense on a ship.

I like how you tighten things up by having the data mining happen at the same time they find the dead Collector. However, it felt a little odd to me to have the exposition on the Turian signal and the Collector ship happen when they are trying to hurry out. The game puts it before, and in that regard I have to say they are right. There is tension, but no immediate danger. Once the ship starts powering up, they need to hurry and the tone of the scene is different. It could be ok since the Collectors haven’t shown up. On a minor note, it’s also strange that you have EDI bring up the signal, then the ship, and then go back to the signal.

I love the scene of Shepard running to save Tali and going through what we later lean is him using biotics for the first time. It’s hectic, tense, and described very well. When you mention the HUD dying, I can’t help but think of the scene in Iron Man where his HUD dies and he’s looking out of those tiny eye holes while falling. Shepard’s helmet would at least still offer some field of view. The only problem is that Shepard takes his helmet off in an environment that is open to space. There was no mention of an airlock closing behind them and you made mention of the squad wearing breather masks.

You end the chapter perfectly. It’s a great mirror to the beginning of the chapter and Shepar’s last line has weight.
A Voice in the Desert chapter 36 . 7/27/2015
You've probably seen my name pop up at various times favoriting or following your stories, and I'm long overdue to drop you a review. Even if it's at the end of this epic story.

I'll be honest and say that I'm fairly new to actually reading any ME fiction, but this is by far (and your other Razor's Edge pieces) the best, most well-thought through work/series on the site. The time you've spent developing each character individually is incredible and I can't imagine the time and work you've put in to re-create the general timeline of the game. I recognize that the beauty of the ME series is that everyone's in-game experience is relatively unique and while I've only played ME2 and 3, I have to believe that you've gone through the game(s) more than a few times to get some of the details you've included here. Or maybe you just have an incredible memory. )

Anyways, one of the reasons I was initially drawn to your story was the way you wrote the Tali/Shepherd dynamic. Tali's character and back story has always been intriguing to me and I've found her to be one of the more complex characters in the ME universe. It was really a pleasure to see such a well-written, reasonable dynamic and relational evolution between the characters.

I'm certainly following the third installment of your Razor's Edge series and eagerly await the future chapters. I'll be curious to see whether you stick true to the ending of ME3 or whether there's some AU-ish spin you put on it, especially with regards to Tali and the team. Either way, I'm sure it will be great.

I've combed through a bit of to see if I can find comparable ME stories, but haven't had a ton of luck. I notice you don't have a favorites list, so if you have any suggestions from your reading, I'd love to hear them. Regardless, I just wanted you to know how much I appreciated your work.

Thanks for writing.

Aust Sakura Kyzor chapter 36 . 6/24/2015
I actually read this a long time ago, but have set up an account here since then, so now I'm going to re-read, read the sequels, and love it all over again 3
Lord of the Disc chapter 36 . 2/22/2015
Excellent story. Eagerly looking forward to reading the next in this series.