Reviews for Razor's Edge
golden 0ne chapter 37 . 5/24
Thank you! I'm so glad you continued... Goin to continue with the others you wrote. Enjoy your story so much.
KingRamses chapter 36 . 4/29
Enjoyed this from start to finish. Thank you
mysticexarch chapter 36 . 3/12
Wow. This story was so good that I finished it almost all the way through in one sitting which is insane. It's easily the best Mass Effect fanfiction I've ever read.

I have so many positive things to say about your work. First of all, I really love the way you decided to tackle a novelization. Even though deep down this is the same story I've experienced before, you made it feel fresh, as if I was experiencing it all over again for the very first time. I opened up each chapter excited to see where things were going, since you would go off script while still retaining some of the more foundational scenes albeit with a twist. And I never felt bored because you mostly skipped the plain sequences from the game and tedious battles that we've all seen before.

In fact, I'll even go so far as to say that the way your write made the story even more rewarding than the game. The main reason I say this is that because your characterizations are much more vivid and deep, going above what the game can do in it's very limited format. In some ways, you've made me think that Mass Effect 2 should've been a novel instead of a game! Your writing has a really...prolific, candid quality that puts things in perspective even better than fancy AAA graphics can.

And the pay off to their relationship...it's all the more rewarding for the slow build up and hurdles that they face in their along the way. I really like that you showed *why* they belong together, rather than just paint them as a lovesick and overly dramatic couple who instantly fall in extreme love without hesitation, like a lot of Talimancers do. Their relationship didn't take over the story, but it made a beautiful undercurrent. I feel that you've done the personalities of the characters justice. I.E. Tali isn't just a one-dimensional lovestruck awkward nerd, but actually a badass with more facets of personality. Their interactions are very entertaining without being too cheesy or cliche.

Another thing: this theme of Shepard going crazy from stress and needing help to stay sane, I really dig that. I wish the games covered Shepard's internal struggle a little better, as I love the idea of this battle-worn, scarred, troubled soldier with many regrets, perhaps byronic even. The games were very unrealistic for making him seem unflappable and perfectly-adjusted IMO, so it's great to see someone fix that. It adds depth to his relationship with Tali as well.

A couple more things I really want to call out: it was a stroke of genius to have Urz join the crew. I always wanted that in the game and was so disappointed that he doesn't. And the other thing is that fight scene with the krogan battlemaster was BAD. ASS.

I could sit here and gush all day but I think you get the idea. I really feel like if you cleaned up the typos you could be a professional writer. You clearly have the passion and the skill.
420 blaze it
Simply Christian chapter 36 . 11/30/2016
After finishing "Razor's Edge: Requiem," I decided to go back and read the series from start to finish again, and this time leave reviews.

For starters, it was interesting to see the difference in writing at the beginning compared to the way "Requiem" is told. There's a clear sign of you improving your writing over time.

Your decision to merge some of the quests (Kasumi and Zaeed, Samara and Thane, for example) was wise and made the plot more streamlined.

I liked your characterization of Shepard as someone who was usually Paragon, but was willing and able to perform less savory actions when necessary, such as destroying Purgatory, killing Maelon, and taking out red sand dealers for Aria.

I like how you expanded on the introduction of Legion to the Normandy crew, particularly the conflict it sparked between Shepard and Tali. Shepard rightly reminds Tali that while the quarians didn't deserve to be remain outcasts for three hundred years, it was the quarians who first tried to exterminate the geth which led to their exile. However, he also straight up tells her that he is unwilling to allow this difference to separate them.
Kasumi's discussion with Tali certainly helped the latter see the perspective from Shepard's perspective, and better understand Shepard's willingness to judge *everyone* by their individual actions. It was good to see Tali speak with Legion of her own accord after these new perspectives had been introduced to her.
This arc culminated in the mission to the heretic geth's station, and Shepard's decision to have Tali be the one to determine whether or not they should introduce the virus which would free the geth from the Reapers, or to just destroy them. And Tali's choice to use the former demonstrated her growth as a character, to demonstrate she has risen above her people's and her father's expectations.

The romance between Shepard and Tali was well-done, and one of the best I've read of this pairing.

Probably the funniest moment was the revelation that almost everyone had been betting on Shepard and Tali's relationship. The real kicker was hearing the reasons why the holdouts didn't participate; "unfortunately" Samara's code wouldn't allow her, Legion didn't know, and Kasumi thought she had an unfair advantage.
I also liked the little reference to "Babylon 5," when Tali is asking about an Earth animal that has a bill, feathers, and goes "quack."

All in all, great job on this retelling of "Mass Effect 2."
FusRoDerp chapter 36 . 11/26/2016
This is by far one of the best Mass Effect fanfics I have ever read.
infadinityfollower chapter 2 . 11/6/2016
Pretty good~
infadinityfollower chapter 1 . 11/6/2016
Pretty good
JZX100 chapter 37 . 7/26/2016
I know its probably been years since you've looked at reviews for this story you wrote but I just wanted to say GOD DAMN MAN! This was a good fuckin read. Read all of it over the course of a few days and I'm excited to see that there is more. Very seldom do I find a fanfic that is as well written as this. My only wish is that you were still around writing.
Eonflare chapter 6 . 5/23/2016
Ah, so you're kinda just glossing over the dossier missions because they don't really have much important stuff from a story perspective. Okay, I guess that makes sense.
Eonflare chapter 5 . 5/23/2016
I have to admit, that did feel very short. The fast paced story is nice, but that felt a bit too fast.
Eonflare chapter 4 . 5/23/2016
Awww, he didn't shove the tool into Cathka's back? That was funny.
Eonflare chapter 3 . 5/23/2016
Well, that was tense. I wonder what it's actually like seeing someone you thought was dead for years.
Eonflare chapter 2 . 5/23/2016
Well I'm definitely liking this fast-paced style. I does assume that you've played the games before, but I'm fine with that as my brain can automatically fill in the blanks.
I didn't notice a ME1 story though, hopefully this story will fill in the blanks.
Eonflare chapter 1 . 5/23/2016
Well, I've heard some good things about this, so I guess it's time to get started.
Immediately I noticed that's it's much faster paced, but when your ship is under attack, you don't really take the time to argue with your pilot in favour of simply throwing him into the escape pods. So points for realism. I like it.