Reviews for Storm Season
Geeralda chapter 8 . 3/8/2019
What a great alternative for Blackjack. This was beautifully written. Liked the interaction between the brothers. Would have loved to read a little bit more from Caitlin in the story.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 8 . 7/28/2011
Enjoyed it much. And a much better ending for the show than Blackjack ever was. The open-endedness fits too. There was a lot still undecided and would have been for along time to come.

Besides, you left the opening for the fanfiction writers...and we all know that's essential ;)
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 7 . 7/28/2011
Great action sequence, and fantastic ending between St. John and Rivers. Loved the give and take.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 6 . 7/28/2011
Back to where it all began, how appropriate, the betrayal, the deceit, the bloodbath. Home again, home again. Welcome back, Lady.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 5 . 7/28/2011
Suprisingly nice moment between the brothers, normalacy if you will. Still, the references to String looking worse and being washed out have me worried. Wishing Faye was here and somehow trusting the doctors and the hospital less and less.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 4 . 7/28/2011
Great action scene with Bouchard and the enemy camp, loved the bit of the pieces of the Gazelle raining down, seems Cait and Dom share certain things there with Hawke. Nicely done. Will admit I was relieved to have Saint John plunge that knife into Bouchard's heart as well. Fitting end to all things.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 3 . 7/28/2011
And sometimes it really is that simple. We will move heaven and earth for those we love.
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 2 . 7/28/2011
Arghhh, yikes! Knew it had to be coming somewhere in there, but still can't say as I'm happy to see it.

Nobody dies, right? Right? That is what you promised. At least nobody we like?
Ladyhawke 620 chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
Ominous beginning, though quite frankly I can already say I like it a lot better than USA's version of Blackjack. This actually reads like something I can see Belisario doing with the show or one of his series. Looking forward to catching up on the rest.
rainefan chapter 8 . 5/6/2011
I really like your vision of what may have been. I'd have preferred it if Mike has survived as I always thought he was cute, but hey, String and Dom made it so that makes up for it. Well written!
OldSFfan chapter 8 . 12/4/2010
This story has something very rare in fan fiction - beautiful writing, even poetic. It's a pleasure to read and re-read.

Thanks.
charlestonian-at-heart chapter 8 . 7/3/2010
Interesting. I was plesantly surprised to see Locke and Rivers so very evil :)

I do agree with Sirius that it would have been nice for Cait to be including in the discussions about the future of The Lady. But you've set everything up perfectly for a sequel or series.

Great job!
sammie28 chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
As I still have not come to terms with "Blackjack" - and as I heard one fan say, I'm glad that Season 4 is on hulu so I don't have to buy it - I enjoyed very much your much more coherent and tidy version. In particular, I liked how you dealt with St. John and String; "Blackjack" should have been about them, and you made it that way in a realistic way.
millarayen chapter 8 . 7/1/2010
Aunque nunca pude siquiera imaginar otro piloto mejor que String para volar a La Dama, coincido con Sirius7: porque ni se menciona a Cait en ese asunto? De todas formas esta historia va directo a mis favoritos!
Sirius7 chapter 8 . 6/30/2010
Loved it all the way through, but I do have a question - Michael offered the pilot position to Dom, who refused, and to St. John, who had minimal experience but is naturally gifted. Why not to Cait, who has taken the front seat - pilot or counter-measures/co-pilot - on several occasions? Goodness knows, Michael - of all people - wouldn't exclude her just because she's a woman (though he might if he thinks Hawke would kill him for asking her).

I'm just curious why he didn't ask... or didn't mention asking.

Sirius