Reviews for Blue
Knackard chapter 1 . 1/29
"His eyes aren't brown at all-they're an unusual deep blue." I think you mean violet, translucent and intense, but whatevs.

"There isn't enough chocolate in the world..." ...to mend my broken heart.

I guess my main complaint is that I'm dehydrated from crying so much and it's YOUR FAULT. Why the deuce can't you ever write about people happily living forever?
NiDubhchair chapter 1 . 10/20/2013
Wow. You have a gift. This is really just so sweet & sad & good - just like the show. Thank you.
Fun-Sized Kirk chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
Teeeeeeaaaarrrrssss T.T
KrnYong chapter 1 . 5/28/2012
:'( Roe was definitely my favorite character, and when ReneƩ died I was all broken inside
EmbryCrumbleCakes chapter 1 . 4/10/2012
This is absolutely wonderful :) Captured the Eugene/Renee relationship beautifully and poignantly.
Madame Minuit12 chapter 1 . 11/20/2011
omg this is so sad and beautiful at the same time!

wonderful!
LoverandaFighter chapter 1 . 3/12/2011
awww I loved it. Really I hated that she died, but it was really sweet
starfmalover chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
This is absolutely amazing, I love it!
Zellatron chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
a truly beautiful one-shot, thank you for sharing it with us.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/20/2010
*wibble* Sooooo sad! I just watched the series for the first time and instantly fell in love with Doc Roe and "Bastogne"! I will now have to play "Spot and Roe and Shifty" when I watch again. (love Shifty too hes so adorable and southern) I wish there was more good Roe fic like this on cause ive found VERY little that compares to how good this was! Well written, well researched and didnt make Eugene or Renee ooc. basically...LOVED IT! Skittering off to go read more of your fic!
ber1719 chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
Alright you! Where have you been lurking? This was pure and utter genius. I thought it was one of the best one-shots I've ever read on here. I could really see the scenes in here. I especially loved that you were able to take a few scenes from the series and twist them entirely into your own. I always love stories like that and I thought you did an amazing job of it.

The emotions were all perfect and the writing was splendid. I can't really express just how much I felt about this story and just how much you were able to convey with those wonderfully crafted sentences.

I REALLY! hope that you post something else for this fandom because that was so enjoyable.

Here's to wishing that you'd post another one-shot. :D
slayground chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
this story is so beautiful, i don't think i can find the right words to express how truly amazing it is. its flow, its imagery, the simplicity of your writing style, yet the vast complexity of emotions you've portrayed in both eugene and renee...i just, GAH. i loved it so much! thank you so much for sharing.
Laimielle chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I really enjoyed this. Renee is one of my favorite characters, and it's a shame I don't see a whole lot of her. I could tell that she was a very complicated young woman, and Eugene was really complex, too. I love how you've expanded on that. It's really unfortunate what those two were destined for, but you've captured a stunning piece of beauty between them both, in the middle of war. Amazing fic. :)
Scratchy Wilson chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This is lovely- a great piece that explores the "missing scenes" between Renee and Gene.

"Renee always has a little chocolate in her pocket. One bar is eight squares, and she doles it out carefully. She'll nibble it in rare moments of peace between patients, she passes it around to the other girls, she feeds it to the men who are well enough off and in need of a little comfort. Renee has an unopened bar in the pocket of her sweater this morning, and without even thinking about it, she mounts the stairs that lead out of the church to the street. She's hoping he's still there and he is, a pair of boots from a dead man in his hand.

"Eugene," Renee says, and he turns. "Chocolat. Por vous."

She's never given away a whole bar before. But he smiles, so it's worth it."

I honestly tried to break this into smaller pieces to discuss, but its flow is too good to break up and is such a perfect little explanation of the infamous chocolate- I think my favorite part. The only things I can remotely find wrong with the story, are a couple nit-picky historical points and some French typos/word usage (e.g. the 'por' in "Por vous" above should be 'pour'). And the timeline didn't bother me at all.
Roossmit chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This is beautiful. Very well written with a lot of sadness but still some bright spots. You made me turn of my music, sit straight and you sucked me in. Thank you for writing this!