Reviews for Seraphim
thequietreader chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
I'm not a believer in any of the Abrahamic religions, although I consider myself well-enough-versed in Judaism and vaguely knowledgeable about Christianity. I believe in reincarnation rather than heaven and hell, and devas instead of angels. That being said, this "fanfiction of the [Christian?] Bible" resonates with me simply because of how beautifully you describe music. The pinnacle of human creativity; the source of emotion for the weary or, in this, the perfect... the way you set this up is not only an intriguing view of heaven for me, but also a gorgeous set-up to make this point subtly and wonderfully.
dalulzing chapter 1 . 8/5/2012
wow
Impractical Beekeeping chapter 1 . 5/8/2012
This was rather good. Dear me. Here I am commenting on Bible-related fan fiction. :)
naioka1992 chapter 1 . 7/2/2011
You've managed to say an awful lot in relatively few words, using language that is sophisticated without being show-offish or overly complicated. I don't know what I expected, but I don't think a discussion of free will was it! Still, you make a very good point in separating 'perfection' from 'free will', and the idea that the angels that have inspired human art are unable of creativity themselves really makes me think. It's not something that I would immediately conclude, but you spin the narrative so well it's the next logical step in your argument. However, it's a story, not a philosophical argument, and the last line remembers that.

A joy to read.
EriksCandleLight chapter 1 . 6/18/2011
It's absolutely beautiful.
Dreaming Maya chapter 1 . 10/15/2010
Yes, zeal and joy is a nice combination.
SylvaDragon chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
I don't really know what made me read this, I wouldn't describe myself as religious, but I did love it, I found it quite awesome.