Reviews for Paradigm Shift
Antigone Rex chapter 12 . 9/16/2012
This is exciting. I can feel this story building to *something* big, and you're gathering all the pieces together for the big reveal. I'm kinda scared for what this will mean for our beloved couple.

Also, Chapter 10 was hot.
Antigone Rex chapter 7 . 9/15/2012
And it all comes to a head! I must applaud your dialogue - so mature and measured. The conversations between Lust and Riza are *meaningful,* which only enhances the reading experience.

And all the suspense! Great first half of the story.
Antigone Rex chapter 4 . 9/15/2012
I like the way you characterize Lust. He hangs somewhere between his innate nature as a Sin and the man he was fashioned after. A hard balance to strike, but you do it beautifully. I especially like the way you handle Riza, too. Conflicted but strong as ever.
Antigone Rex chapter 2 . 9/14/2012
I remember the first time I read this chapter. I was convinced it was wrong: Roy could never be dead. I didn't think I could handle it. But you plunge forward with this complete confidence, and I became swept up in the story.

This scene and the prologue are fantastic openers - really raw and honest (which seems to be your style). And the concept is so intriguing! Mustang is here but at the same time... isn't. It was this painful thing that drew me into this story the first time (yet I was a jerk/hypocrite and never reviewed).

Great use of descriptive language, and you write action really, really well.

Onward!
Athena Keating-Thomas chapter 12 . 5/26/2012
This is a very interesting and well written story so far! You've taken an original idea and woven it quite well into canon.

I really hope you're feeling well! I was sad to hear about your health issues...
HayakuGaki chapter 12 . 6/9/2011
I still adore this story and am glad to have had a hand in helping you create it. You've taken Lust and done some absolutely fantastic work with him. On top of that, your Riza is amazingly in character. You're such a talented author and I love reading all your works. I'm honored to be a regular role play partner.

It all pulls so much on the emotions: Riza's struggle with the revolution while still dealing with the loss of Roy and Lust's pain for having to live in such circumstances, hiding who and what he really is. Listening to Envy is torture enough.

I'm about to go to bed and can't remember all the imagery we talked about, but you know I love every word. I can't wait for the next chapter. Remember that I'll do whatever I can to help you.
jejune stars chapter 12 . 6/7/2011
this story is so action packed i love every bit of it

i would be lying if i said it didnt inspire me to start writing my own fic

so thank you for that!
eriaan chapter 12 . 6/3/2011
This story is wonderful. There's so much I need to compliment on it. Your writing, your story, character development, and details are phenomenal.

I say a lot of stories are great, but I have to say, yours is one of the few that actually struck some of my own emotional chords.

I sincerely do hope that either you write for a living or continue to do so as a hobby.

I'm looking forward to the next update!
eriaan chapter 2 . 6/2/2011
I'm on the second chapter and im already addicted :O
ssadropout chapter 1 . 6/2/2011
This is really in response to chapter 12 posted June 2, 2011.

First, I was just so very happy to find the email link to a new chapter this morning. This is one of my favorite ongoing stories, and I feared that you had lost interest in it. I was really missing it.

I am so distressed to learn of your brain tumor. I don't really know how to respond other than to wish you the best. I know that all brain tumors are bad, but some are worse than others. I just hope that the road that you travel- wherever it goes- is as easy as possible.

FWIW, I urge you to go ahead and write the werewolf fic! XD If it's as good as your fanfics, it will be great.

I liked chapter 12 very much. Hawkeye's flashback was so poignant. I (also) wonder whether the presents to Lust are actually Roy's "sisters." Chris would be a great ally in the battle against the homunculi. With the Vox Populi, Hawkeye's visit to Lior and Greed's meeting with Hohenheim, there are a lot of irons in the fire.

Take care! If you write it, I'll read it. :)
Lyikael chapter 10 . 6/2/2011
Soo, seeing as I already reviewed for chap. 12, I'll use this one to write my reply :)

About the story, thank you so much for taking your time to write it, it was a beautifully done chapter, and I catched most of the symbolism you described, Al is very cute, isnt he? Roy is such a playboy, but I couldnt help thinking if he really would go all the way with those women, considering also that I suspect they are Madame Christimas girls... About "Vox Populi" I read a fanfic once (a super long one, was made into 7 books even) it was of Harry Potter from Lightening on the Wave, the 'books' had different names from one another, and on the story there was a newspaper that was called Vox Populi that had a important part on the story, I couldn't help but notice the similarities... did you also read it or was it just coincidence? I would love to know someone else who also read that extremely long and beautiful story :)

About that fanart, How I wish I had those skills, but no it wasnt me " I just sugested because I thought you'd like it...

Now, I wanted to leave this for last, cause it seems more important, I'm really sorry to hear about your health problems... I dont even know what to say, I was in shock when I read it. I know what it must be like, most people from my family had or has some kind of cancer, and I also have a friend with it. I can't do anything for either one of them as I can't for every other person who has it, except to pray for them and try to make their lives a little bit easier. So I'll try to cheer you up from now on! I really hope you get better. Also don't worry about updates, write whenever you feel like it :)

Until next chapter!

Thank you for writing! ;*
Lyikael chapter 11 . 5/12/2011
Sorry I forgot to add something on my review to chapter 12. I wanted you to listen to Hurricane - 30 seconds to mars and to see this fanart: : / / i n m a. a r t / F M A - - y o u - - saw the fanart and then listened to the song, the line 'would you kill to save a life' is so roy and riza :D

So... it was just this I wanted to say. Ok I'll stop now ;p

Bye
Lyikael chapter 12 . 5/12/2011
I really liked this story, and Im impressed by the flow. The writing is very good and I think everyone is in character. especially Riza, I also read your profile and you really seem to understand her :) Anyway, Im not much fan of OC in stories and couples I ship, but I like lust, surprinsingly. This is the first story I could read with an OC as one of the principal characters. Its just that I ship roy and riza, and lust isint roy... at the same time he is. Its strange, but I've come to like Lust, OC or some blend of it, he is very likeable, good job! :D

Hope to read more soon!

Thank you for writing!
Archivist chapter 12 . 1/26/2011
I LOVE Lust!Roy. I look forward to more!
mebh chapter 12 . 11/22/2010
"Lust," Hawkeye finally spoke. "You're not wearing women's clothes."

He turned to face her, an eyebrow picking up a fast tic in a very Roy-like gesture of exasperation. "Of course I'm not wearing women's clothes. What kind of comment is that?"

Above is the dialogue of the chapter, btw.

I read this ages ago and clearly was very naughty and forgot to review! Apologies :(

Again, you are *the* author to capture that serial, dark quality common to the best thrillers and action/romances.

Dialogue is spot-on and Lust is a very brave, very well drawn character considering how much we all love Mustang. He's missed, but not to the extent that this story doesn't grip your attention and refuses to let go.

Bravo!