Reviews for Death of a Fairy Tale
s.grand chapter 11 . 9/12/2006
Oh my God...

I just read up to the part where Chiz dies and I just had to stop and give a review. This story is amazing, and you just made Chiz's death so...I cant even find the words for it, my God. I feel like my own brother just died.

Will get along to reading the rest now, keep up the good work!
thing chapter 23 . 6/30/2006
Good Story cept it sux because its not finished and leaves u wanting more.
Junsui chapter 23 . 11/22/2005
Did you stop writing this? It's been over a year since the last update and I tried going to the website, but it's gone. Perhaps you moved beyond fanfiction...which would be sad considering the incompletion of this tale, which is the only fanfiction I even check anymore.
oxymoronic-conundrum chapter 23 . 9/23/2005
NO! Don't stop! I need more... I hate the fact that great stories are so addictive... Please please PLEASE write more... I've got to know hat happens...
Myshu chapter 23 . 9/13/2005
I want to say before I start that I have a bias against "next gen" fics, for my own personal reasons.

Let's get the point out of the way that Tabito is a Gary Stu-the classic self-insert. I am of the belief that Stus/Sues can be written well, and Tabi seemed to fit the bill at first. The royal family was introduced very well and I became attached to all the kids-enough to get really disheartened over what happened to poor Chizitsu, and sympathetic with Faun. You can really see the Kuja coming out in the self-interested, cold Raven and the many ways Tabi resembles his parents (Raven's snap that he sounds like his father was especially poignant, and insight into her weaker side as well.)

Then there's the canon cast, our good old FF9 crew, which don't resemble themselves very much and are difficult to relate to, the exceptions perhaps being Mikoto, Zidane and Garnet. Steiner meets a blundering, out-of-order, pathetic fate, Eiko's almost entirely ineffective and doesn't seem to care about it, Amarant's a family man and Beatrix is getting smashed in a Treno bar-all seem grossly OOC, with little-to-no explanation for it. It's fortunate for once that this fic doesn't center on the canon cast, else I'd have closed my browser chapters ago.

As the story progressed I started to lose interest in your OCs as well, though. Roy and Ashley are idiots in the least entertaining sense, like Team Rocket without the puns or wacky gags-Lance is actually more amusing, only because he's screwing up so badly. Every time Roy and Ashley show up I have to fight the urge to punch them in their faces and move on to the next scene.

So, back to Tabi, our hero. It took his relationship with Reichia to bring out everything I don't like about him-he's aloof, uncertain and introverted to the point of being angsty. It's like Squall without the witty quips to keep us amused, and the fact that Reichia keeps prodding at someone who pushes her away speaks something for her self-esteem, I think (since I'm on the FF8 analogy, Reichia reminds me painfully of Rinoa.) Their relationship just annoys me, is really it. I would have actually preferred if the story took the incestuous route with Tabi Raven, for at least their chemistry was interesting.

None-the-less, Tabi was still my favorite right up until he aced the Knights of the Round. If it were any other, less famous or weaker eidolon, I could have digged it, but come on, that's just ridiculous. Tabi's combat experience up to that point consists of sparring with Amarant, a few games at the castle and three guards pushed aside on the way out of the castle-you expect him to win in a duel with ARTHUR? Even granted Marital's help (which he doesn't have much experience using, either), that's a far leap.

I'm going to close with saying that I was so drawn-in by this story's beginning that I stuck with it and read all the chapters in one sitting, even as it started to lose its appeal for the reasons stated above. I'm still interested in seeing how the story wraps up and how the characters deal with things, so on to my alerts this goes.

P.S: Yes, spaces between paragraphs are much nicer, says my eyes. And don't let punks pester you about updating; you're in charge here, and you don't owe anybody jack.
TopKat chapter 23 . 7/29/2005
UPDATE! this is the best FF9 Fic ever! UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE,UPDATE! PLEASE!

_ Tabito is so Kawaii! And GarnetZidane are too! argh! UPDATE!
BiGGGs chapter 23 . 7/7/2005
I've read through this, much of it at a later hour than I normally would have because I really can't stop reading this. I am in no doubt that this is THE best story I have read on

I do appreciate that you have other things to be doing (and as a fellow university student I should know) but when you do get the time please do finish this story.
Elven Dagger chapter 23 . 1/13/2005
hey, i reviewed before, and i remembered this fic months after you e-mailed everyone. i reread the entire thing, 'cause i'd basically forgotten the story.

and now... god, i'm sighing over it all over again. when i read your story, i feel as though i'm playing FF9 all over again (and it was an amazing feeling, like escaping reality.), it's a fantasy worth imagining!

i commend you. you're not afraid of writing about death and getting into the nitt-gritty details, thugh i was damn sad when some characters died. (Zidane had better not have!)i adore your characters, by the way, really realistic. you also manage to convey so many things going on at the same time, i'd never be able to do that! After all, it's that much easier to just stick with one or two situations and write.

this is bloody amazing, please continue!

P.S. why do i get the feeling that raven is going to go out of control and try to rule everything or something?
Kingpin chapter 23 . 11/11/2004
"And the formatting sucks now. This site won't let me use tildes, brackets, stars or other kinds of wonderful punctuation. I sad."

I know! Doesn't that suck. And always handled things just fine, they just don't stop MESSING with it, and that's the problem.

The other thing I wanted to mention is that I really hate the Knight of the Round. Everyone seems to know who they are, except me, and that's a bit unnerving. If they're the stuff of legend, why have I never heard of them? Bah.

Percival rocks though. I like him. ... He's fun.

Oh and Climhazzard! I LOVE CLIMHAZZARD! Tabito is probably better than he ever was for using this move in this chapter.

Thanks for being such a sport and helping Ravyn out too!

SO CONTINUE, FOR DOOM HAS COMMANDED IT!
RefugeOfSouls chapter 23 . 11/9/2004
That was cool! I just love Tabito; and I can't beleive they just defeated the most powerful summon ever! By the way, I love your art for ptp and how you drew the characters with their bios. You're really skilled. And I guess you're doing okay if you update every month, you must be pretty busy. Until next update!
wonwingangel chapter 23 . 11/7/2004
Whoo-hoo! I was afraid that "Death" was dead! I was equally as shocked when I received the email that said it was alive! Very satisifying. And, to the 60 or so people... we did it! We finally brought The Sly Eagle down!

So, where do I even begin on your story? Hmm, tricky question... Well, I don't want to say that I just love it, but rather, give a reason why. However, before I start that let me tell you what this story has done for me.

I actually found this story on your website back in May of this year (2004). I started reading and found it interesting that someone had continued the story of FF9. I think I was looking to see if there were any sequels in production for the game. Nonetheless, I began reading your story. By the time I reached, oh, I think it was about chapter 6 or 7, I was totally hooked! Then, I printed out the story and let my fiance read it. She enjoyed it to.

Then, after waiting all summer for an update, I realized that you hadn't updated in quite some time. So, I looked around your site and found a link to Thus, in August, I came to this wonderful site. Then, I started reading various stories. Ultimately, however, your story was the inspiration that led me to start writing my own stories. So, I deeply thank you for that.

As for the formatting of this chapter, I can't say much. As I have said, I read all the chapters off of your website. But, just looking at the other chapters, since I read chp 21 again to refresh myself on the story, I'd say I have to like the untabbed, double-space paragraphs easier to read. But, I'd still prefer the formatting on your website most of all.

Ok, perhaps I should actually do some critiquing of the new chapter. Hahaha. I had three favorite parts. One was the line from Chizitsu. That fact that memories of him are about will keep him somewhat alive. Made me very happy. I loved that Tabito had to go up against the Knights of the Round. It got me to the edge of my seat reading the intense action. Hard to do in writing. Lastly, I loved the line Tabito spoke after fighting Arthur. Great line...

So, I'm glad to read this chapter and see that you still do care about us lowly fans. Let me go on to say why you had such an angry mob after you. Yes it is a great story, but I think the main reason is you left us all on a killer cliffhanger! We've all been dangling for a year! I know I had a hard time with the abrupt stop. Thus, if you need some time before the next chapter, take it. This chapter didn't kill us at the end. It was good, but it gave us enough closure that I think we can have a little bit of patience for the next chapter... ;)

Yeah, there were a few typos and few portions that I had to re-read on this chapter, but it definitely was good enough to be included with this story. Thus, the little errors can totally be disregarded... or at least, I know I will disregard them. Haha.

I don't have much else to say... actually, that's a lie, I have lots to say about each chapter, just don't have the time. So, I have one more question to ask... May I be so gratefully honored to use one of your lines in this chapter in my own story so I can properly display my respect for your great writing? I would be most honored... I promise to include your pin name in the disclaimer, giving you full credit for the line. I'm going to put the chapter out today, so if you deny this request, I'll make sure to take the line out... Let me know, oh great Sly Eagle. Address is .

PS: How did your novel turn out? Will we be able to read it? I know I would love to...
The Lone Ranger chapter 23 . 11/7/2004
Ah-h-h-h-h-h-h-h! Back with vengence and a surprise or two. Excellent story development. I agree with Hilarne-superb action narrative, easily visualized. Ah well, time enough to savor this addition. May the resolution of all your loose ends come easily without distracting you from your other work. Welcome back! And Thank You! And, no, I can't comment on how it can be improved because I don't know how you could.
FFguy chapter 23 . 11/7/2004
You... are... god!

Yey! But now I have to re-print all of it and get it re-bound.

We've waited this long, a month a chapter is nothing.
hilarne chapter 23 . 11/6/2004
WAI!

The Sly Eagle is back, and is fashionably late, too! Wow, you've really learned how to write excellent action sequences to augment your fascinating dialogue. I am happy I read your latest chapter, all right!

(By the way, I find that un-tabbed paragraphs separated by newlines are easier to read.)
Eika chapter 23 . 11/6/2004
(cheers) You updated! (dances, gets stared at) YAY! so... Tabito is going to meet the parents of the girl who likes him, AFTER using the Eidolen Eiko classified as weak to defeat the one considered most powerful! GO TABITO! And- *gasps* there are THREE Ultima blades? One being a worthless model and three the ultimate weapon! COOL! (makes note to find/ learn to use one) and you're going to update MORE THAN EVER NOW! GO SLY EAGLE, GO SLY EAGLE, GO GO! (scares herself) acting like a preppy cheerleader... sorry... I WANNA KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NE-EXT! thank you SO much for updating! There are 60 of us because you have a totally AWESOME story! Go you! Keep em coming!and the idiot is planning on extracting eidolens- what type of an idiot is he?