Reviews for Burning Skies, Shattered Worlds
Dancing on the Edge chapter 1 . 3/28/2011
This is a very interesting concept, and the story itself is extremely reminiscent of a scene in "All Quiet on the Western Front" if you haven't read that, I recommend it. I enjoyed the story.
Kelaria chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Great writing, really well done... War is so messed up! I love that he had worked for both Anakin and Vader - that is a cool perspective!
ano170 chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Short but powerful-it's evident that you've really put a lot of thought and feeling into this story. The plot's simplicity is crucial here to prevent the reader being distracted from the whole point of the story, and you've pulled it off perfectly. The fact that the main character is just another statistic, standing in the backround, with no previous life story to limit how much you can work with him really allows the reader to relate with him, as does the fact that this story could easily be put into a real life context (not, of course, to suggest that Star Wars isn't real), lending it so much more depth and meaning. Well done, Dickens!

Ano
laughingspider chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
So, as of today, I'm caught up on your "One Missed Strike" series and this will be the first review I've written for you. Your writing is very good. This piece is on a completely different level of excellence from the OMS series. Really powerful prose.

Thank you.

Shawn
Aisling-Siobhan chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I like it. It's very well written, but i have to ask, what inspired the scene in the trench with the rebel being killed? Because it's an awful lot like All Quite On The Western Front (the book). But still, very nice piece of work :)