Reviews for Blazing Frost
An Author's Pen chapter 29 . 1/1/2012
OK! I'm gong to attempt to squeeze all my feelings about this story into one review.

First of all, Leaf. I loved the development given to her following the Lparas fiasco, with the misunderstanding between her and Frosti.

The snarky Pokedex is absolutely BRILLIANT! It makes me laugh every time.

Plus, the Bible parody and Bart the prophet is absolutely priceless.

The descriptions of the different life style and history of the Beedrill and Butterfree are well done and creative.

Cobalt is AWESOME! He is a wacky, vaguely sinister, extremely sympathetic character, and my favorite storyline of all. Also, you portray Gina very well. I admire her persistence. And I love that all of Cobalt's new Pokemon basically torture him into capturing them.

Lightening and Peach's characters and relationship are really well expressed. I've never seen such an in depth look at the feelings of a Pokemon that evolves by friendship. Also, you showed plenty of reasons why he did so well in his first contest (ie. most of the their kids were noobs and the famous coordinator was trying to win with a difficult Pokemon.)

You gave a feasible explanation for people understanding Pokemon that still gives some mystery. (Like, who is Cobalt, really?)

Again, good explanation for why Ocean has been missing so long from all the action.

Bill was so in character. You heightened his strange experiment thing to an almost mad scientists type. He was really cool, though they were kind of harsh on him. (Then again, lack of good food causes crankiness.)

The McDonalds obsessed Pokemon were funny, though make no sense with actual cannon, since there is no evidence he Pokemon would has restaurant from ours but meh.

Fire was always well expressed, whether as a jerk or an unsure trainer taking the firsts steps back to trust. And point for making Squirtle not forgive him right away.

The thing with the inner beast is good. Nice bit with Bill, again.

The league chat is funny- if not a bit nonsensical, and is getting plot across. Maylene's running commentary about what Pokemon she beat today is cute, if not slightly OOC. I'm still waiting for that plot line with Falkner and Misty to bear fruit.

Because this bears repeating- the Pokedex pwns, Bart's prophecy pwns and Colbalt pwns!

All the made up Pokemon are disconcerting. You do them well, but the made up legendaries are a bit annoying- personally my least favorite storyline (but still good and well written!)

Too many characters. They appear and disappear so fast they are hard to keep track of.

Leaf: Her reaction to Lapras seemed slightly over the top, as before she has acted like a fairly typical chosen one. It might have been better with more indications of her nature, or maybe I just missed them.

I get why you needed to take away Cobalt's Pokemon , but I would really like to see him use them now. There's not much of an excuse since he's an executive. A bit more competent!Cobalt would be appreciated.

The actual problem seems vastly complicated. And most of the legendaries are not taking it seriously. Is it not actually serious, or are they actually that dumb?

Fire's turn around was a bit rapid.

Poor Brock! He gets no love.

Why Roark? It's just extremely random is all. And some of the tendencies he has expressed- such as insisting all his Pokemon don't evolve seem a bit out character. Your explanation around evolution doesn't always match up.

Personally, I can't stand Fystor. Note the "personally" because you write it well, just- meh.

This story is so long it's hard to say everything. I mean, in conclusion, it's really, extremely good, and I can't wait to read more.
FaYis chapter 29 . 7/17/2011
It's actually six hundred forty nine.

#572 is Minccino by the way. :D
FaYis chapter 29 . 7/17/2011
ok, so this fic is kinda boring when you get to reading about the legendaries and the cobalt story and stuff. Another thing is I dislike people creating their own pokemon I mean yes, I understand there is a certain amount of creativity to it but I consider it to be 'going against canon' and I mean your given what is it now? approximately five hundred seventy two pokemon? why couldn't fryoreri or whatever be some godly blazeken? aside from that, you just have too much going on in every chapter maybe try splitting the legendary sequence and cobalt stories apart and doing like one per chapter? of course that would be kinda weird to do so late in the fic.

Keep going, end it eventually and use what you've learned from this fic for others and expand/become more awesome.

As for the main story with Leaf and Frosti I like it, its fun to read but I think mainly you're shoving too much into every chapter.
Pikachu127 chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
Interesting... And I emphasized quite a few syllables for that. It's just not noticeable.
Alphinia chapter 12 . 3/28/2011
You meany, you had me scared for Colbat there :o lol. Poor guy, he seems confused. I'm really curious as to how he ended up in Team Rocket in the first place.

I still really like the story, but I have to say that I'm even more confused now... You have so many OCs, and I barely remember who's saying what half the time when the legendaries or "Evil Thing" are in the scene. I can honestly say your plot isn't completely predictable though, at least to me. I have next to no clue about what's going to happen.

Roark's presence is still a little odd to me, and especially as a coordinator of all things... However, it seems his whole situation has yet to be explained, so maybe I'll like him a little better then. I'm also not yet sure if Leaf's fangirling over him is real feelings or simply that, fangirling.

Overall, I'm really excited to see who you pair her up with. Roark is the obvious choice at the moment, though I'm not yet completely crazy about the potential couple. Also, was that some subtle Leaf x Fire I sensed in this chapter? "She blushed without knowing why." ;) lol, I don't know, maybe I'm looking into this romance thing to deeply. I tend to do that...
Alphinia chapter 8 . 3/28/2011
The story is still entertaining me so far, good job :) It definitely has a different feel to it that normal pokemon fics, but I think that's part of why I like it. You're also making things so that I can barely see the similarities between this and the game.

The characters are good as well, though I'm not a big fan of some of the names. Lightning and Peach are hilarious, as is Ocean's cold. Fire's hostility and cold nature are a big change from the others, I can't wait to see if you do any development with him. Leaf is both likeable and relatable so far. I also really like Colbat, he's very funny as well and something tells me he isn't as cruel as he seems to want everyone to think he is :)

Roark's presence kind of bugs me, just because it seems so completely random. Also, I'm not a big fan of Fakemon but I'm still giving your story a chance to prove that not all of them suck.
Alphinia chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Your first chapter managed to keep my interest, though at the same time it occasionally became very confusing. Your descriptions of things are very detailed, which is generally a good thing unless you put in so much you overload your readers' heads (Which you haven't so far). You grammar is also good, thank God :P

Anway, this seems decent so far. I'm going to continue reading, and maybe review a couple more chapters to bump the review count up since stories are so often judged by that :)
anonymous chapter 29 . 3/27/2011
I really like some points of this story, thought I admit that I have skimmed quite a bit of the bits involving the beast parts. I love your characters (Though Leaf is kind of annoying sometimes), particularly Colbalt _ Is it completely weird to say that I think him and Leaf are way cuter than Roark and Leaf?
dsiuserhere chapter 2 . 3/23/2011
dsiuserhere chapter 1 . 3/23/2011
if you thought some sinnoh pokemon looked ugly look at unova's

the water type starters a piplup after a seizure. 60% of unova pokemon names are gay [seriously Deerling?]

pm me if you hate how unova pokemon look or how the fact that they're racistv[black on white and vise versa.] anways i like tge beginning
psycowithespn chapter 29 . 3/15/2011
Too many OCs.

Other than that its just the humor, romance, adventure, action, horror story I'm looking for...

What's that... No horror... Oh... Still one of the best I've read.

Generic compliments all around.
purplemudkip31 chapter 29 . 3/15/2011
Yay! I do like this story, honestly. I like the Pokedex's snarkiness, and the Pokemon's different personalities. It's been a while since you've updated- I was getting worried.
Queen of Houndoom chapter 25 . 11/12/2010
Unamed Reader: Please tell that to my 700 hours of gameplay on Dia and HG combined.

No Shiny. Still.

Also, Bidoof.

I just wanted you to know, SP, I'm still reading!
Unnamed Reader chapter 4 . 11/1/2010
good so far. however i would like to point out that shinys are not too hard to find. in platinum, i believe, the second wild pokemon battle i had, right after getting the pokeballs, i caught a shiny biddiff. dang i forgot how to spell it :[ oh well. but ya good job so far and i will keep on reading now
Queen of Houndooms chapter 21 . 9/28/2010
Maylene cracks me up.

Such...such bad spelling and grammar...!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »