Reviews for And Everything In Between
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 5 . 1/17/2012
I'm lovin' the spycraft in this: "Too clean, spy clean", and the device with the rings: "The call came back – two rings, silence and then three more rings. He seized it, gave the response code, listened, offered a soft "thank you" and carefully hung up." OMG, you are good at this!
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 4 . 1/17/2012
It's been a while since I read this - to my shame, I first read it when I still hadn't seen the episode. Now I have, and I *needed* this!

"I'm all right," Kelly insisted, drawing back from that stare, wishing his head wasn't pounding so.

"Sure, kid, you're all right," Goza replied, still watching him.

Kelly took a step forward to get out from under that unblinking gaze. "I need a phone-" He swallowed his voice as his knee unexpected [ly, of course, but I didn't notice it on the first five reads] gave out underneath him; he dropped fast, heat and nausea racing up over him, darkness not far behind..."

At first I didn't even notice the wonderfully blunt statement of how Goza is looking at Kelly, as you play with our knowledge - and Kelly\s too - that the man's sizing him up, recongizing his well-meaning lie and just waiting for him to keel over. The reason I didn't was that I was still swooning over that last line, "heat and nausea racing up over him, darkness not far behind..." really put me inside Kelly's head - I've only fainted once in my life, but it really does feel like you said it, and I've often hated my own use of cliches for unconsciousness, especially from the POV of the person fainting - but what you say, the way you say it, is so true - it does feel like something coming up, and I love the way you say "over" him - like one is sinking under something. LIke it's not just the ground coming up to meet you but something like waves rising up and engulfing you and closing over you - only you put it much more elegantly and simply, without the purple prose.

I love this.
Tendai chapter 11 . 9/15/2011
This was just perfect.

I never thought I would find I Spy fic, let alone any well-written H/C so true to the tone of the series.

Would there be any way to convince you to write more?
wuemsel chapter 11 . 1/1/2011
Uuhhhhh! I Spy h/c fic! Yay! And you got their voices down so well, too, man. Loved it. Certainly did. Now go write another one. C'mon, on the double, we don't got all day, do we? (Uuhhh! Yaaaay! Good I Spy fic! Hooray! You so made my day, dude! :D )
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 11 . 10/4/2010
*SIGH* i cried all through the re-read. This is really powerful, and besides hitting all my kinks, is really heartwarming and welll-written. Thank you so much for sticking with it.
putmoneyinthypursenotsignedin chapter 11 . 9/22/2010
*SIGH*

I'm not signed in because I want to come back later and review again, but for now - this is just what the doctor ordered. Happy and healing and wonderful and satisfying, and Goza's reappearance is lovely and the loud clothing just perfect! And Kelly's frustration with Scotty's mothering... and his desire to make it better for Scotty... just beautiful. I needed this. And the whole 'wheedle' riff is very them. Lovely!
PutMoneyInThyPurse chapter 10 . 9/7/2010
*Whoa.*

I mean, once, you're out of the gate, you don't *stop*, do you? This is really, really good stuff. The guys are recognizably them and the emotion is appropriate for the context, and the pacing and - just everything. The shock of that collapsed lung, interrupting, like a rude awakening, Scotty's relaxed plans, and yet no flowery language, just the rhythm and practicality of breathing, yet with all the affection, the desperate urgency, that comes with that love. So many little touches, just rocking the h/c, but always them.

"He'd just have to keep Kelly off the sand and out of the water, maybe encourage him to work on his suntan more and let the pretty girls show him some sympathy – that shouldn't be too hard-"

You just lull us into relaxation with the easy humor...

"Kelly coughed – once, twice. Pulled in a gasp that turned into a wheeze. And another one. He shifted and his eyes pulled open – and they didn't blink."

The Em dash, and the disjointed sentences are disturbing, and the not blinking, terrifying.

"Hey, Kel…" Scotty felt him stiffen, and his brain went into immediate alert. He reached up through fresh sweat and found the racing pulse. "What's going on – tell me…"

*shiver*

"Jack…" Kelly got out, beginning to rattle in Scotty's grasp. He strained upward, gasping, got his head around. "Can't – I can't…I-I ca-"

OH, this is a masterpiece, here! The rattle, so like death, like the open eyes, (but the 'beginning', hinting that it can be reversed) and the straining upwards, the gasping... And his WORDS! I can just hear the stammering, see him pale and panicked and trying so very hard to clamp down on his panic and turning for rescue to the one source he instinctively turns to. "Can't – I can't…I-I ca-" I can HEAR it. It will haunt my DREAMS.

Collapsed lung.

I love that it's in a paragrah to itself.

And that tandem breathing, eyes locked, breathing in unison - Ohhhh! Priceless.

This just rocked, and I haven't forgotten the 'righteous kiss from Dolores', either. Must tell you exactly how much I liked it, later.

(BTW, you have anonymous reviews turned off. You know you get fewer reviews that way, right?)
Plefff chapter 9 . 8/27/2010
Perfect. Thank you.

I also want to compliment your on your use of tennis in Chapter 8. It made perfect sense under the circumstances that Kelly would choose to focus on what had to have been one of the best moments of his life. The only odd thing is that he doesn't stay there through the end of the chapter - surely he's sailing along on one heck of an endorphin high at that point, what with the pain and the blood loss?