Reviews for Yet Intrepid
guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2013
Oh, this was just brilliant. Oh Jehan, my baby! He was absolutely gorgeous! Your characterisations are impeccable, I'm completely bowled over. I especially adore how Enjolras just accepts their situation at the end. Perfection! Kisses
Autumn Moon Fae chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
And let that be a lesson to you: Don't mess with Jehan.
Nelja chapter 1 . 2/24/2013
I adore this fic!
What they did in 1830 is, for me, one of the big lackings of the canon. I love everything they do, making a speech at the bakery, dressing, fighting Royalists students, discuting about Hugo - this part was particularly funny. OK, I like a bit less Jehan's statue, but the fic is still made of awesome! And everyone is in character, distinguable for the others without being caricatural.
Cascaper chapter 1 . 2/20/2013
Phew, Jehan! Just punch that smug jerk in the face, bravo, sir! Our most valiant poet and artist... :)
Maria Combeferre chapter 1 . 9/6/2010
Ooh it's lovely!

You made me forget to cry over "Turning"

Mme Bahorel chapter 1 . 7/4/2010
Finally got around to this, and it's both as cute as expected and more awesome than I could have dreamed. Basic firearms safety FTW :)
TheHighestPie chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Charming, insightful, and a joy to read as always. And it's 1830-fic! We need more of that!

The so-good-they're-redefining-fanon characterizations couldn't be anything but wonderful. My only qualm is that Jehan, while cute enough in the last line to make me squeal IRL, might almost come across in that line as being too young, at least for my tastes. It's the sort of thing I could imagine a toddler saying. BUT if that's honestly something your Jehan would do, then it's something he'd do.
MamzelleCombeferre chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
This hilarious. The image of Jehan going 'Look what I did!' is almost adorable overload to the senses. :) I loved it all. Well done as usual!
hollybridgetpeppermint chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
I LOVE IT! So funny!

...and Jehan is just...so...sweet and adorable! *huggles him*

Thanks much for this! *favorites*

~hbpm
Insanemistosingsmore chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
brilliant!And with my three favorite characters. Lesson? Never mess with Art!
ColonelDespard chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Any story from you is a treat - I don't think I've ever read any characterisation you've written that wasn't pitch perfect. This is no exception. Courfeyrac's blazing frustration, Jehan's indignation, and Combeferre's tempered response are all exactly right. I think the fandom needs more stories centered around July 1830, to counter the idea that 1832 came out of nothing, was doomed from the start, etc etc. Courfeyrac's very palpable anger (however endearingly expressed - can any one else be quite so absolutely charming just spashing around and wasting water?) is well founded, and gives us an insight into why committed Republicans felt as they did, the ostensible trappings of Republic institutions around the July Monarchy notwithstanding. And it's only going to get worse from here...one can see the attitude of many in Combeferre's suggestion that it's a step in the right direction, and we already know that he will realise how hollow the promises to address Republican concerns are. The story is self explanatory for those not familiar with the period, and provides those who do know it with much to consider - it is as steeped with the poltical concerns of the day as your pieces dealing with Romanticism are with the artistic and philosophical zeitgeist.

I'm so pleased you gave them an opportunity to work off some of their frustrations. And as always there's that wonderful, wonderful humour! Jehan is wonderful - I'm going to have to attempt to sketch him in his Representative on Mission ensemble. What wonderful images it all conjures - Courfeyrac as the bedraggled dandy (poor dear - another hat lost to the cause) and Jehan dressing for the occasion. Even in a brief cameo, your Enjolras is a source of light.
astoryinred chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Hahaha! It is just so like Jehan and Courfeyrac to take on 1830 in this way! And I perfectly sympathize with them (having lived through the Filipino equivalent of 1830 so to speak!). Although I know you have described your Amis as doing outlandish things, I think they are just living in the spirit of times-and I applaud you for it.
TWSythar chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I was just researching the 1830 revolution for _our_ Amis series... lovely to see it here brought to life so well.
Mlle Patria chapter 1 . 6/14/2010
I simply love Jehan in this! He's so sweet, but also rather violent. It's a great representation of both sides of Jehan. The part about Jehan slightly scaring people in the bakers was great. That's about the last thing you'd expect from Jehan, but look at what the boy reads! He's not all about violets and love. I'm really glad that you showed that side of Jehan because it's a side that is rarely represented in fanfiction. It's a wonderful piece!