Reviews for Held Up In Contention
whisper75 chapter 7 . 8/11/2011
wow! what a great story... loved reading it! the end caught me off-guard, but still... whew!
Aiden chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
dear author i would like to sugest an idea for a story. suppose there was a girl in Ben Wades gang. An Aisling McConnell. a kind of female charlie prince who is a sharp shooter, undyingly loyal to Wade, and the only one he leaves alive after he kills Prince and the rest of the gang. This would basically be Aislings attempt to bust Wade out of Yuma prison. maybe a dramatic scene where Aisling rescues him during the hanging.

here is the opening

Aisling has just seen Ben kill all the gang from her sniper perch. she runs down as Ben is getting on the train.

"w-what the hell happened?"she yells as she looks around her at the corpses that were her friends. when Ben doesnt answer she takes his face in her hands "what are you doing?..we've gotta get outa here!"

"ive gotta do this..for Dan" Ben says solemnly "ive broken outa Yuma before but come for me"

Aisling just nodded as she always did when he gave her an order. then something unexpected happened, she started to cry. She didnt wanna let him go,ever.

Ben wade just smiled then gave Aisling a light kiss on the lips and got on the train and whistled for his horse.

Aisling got on her horse and watch as Wades horse took after the train.

"see you at Yuma" she whispered and rode off.

well thats basically my idea
GilraenFenix chapter 7 . 8/9/2010
I love the story, I love your style and I love Russell as Ben Wade. Oh please, go on writing more Ben Wade stories. Don't let him ride into the sunset so soon ... You really got the right feel for Ben. Just great. Lovely read.
Kathie2808 chapter 7 . 8/6/2010
There it is... The End... And even though I was shocked at first I have to admit: It is the perfect ending because it really fits the character and I (naive as I am) didn't expect it at all. Bottom line: awesome story! I think I have got to start snooping around your profile to see what else you got in store ;-) Love, Kathi
Kathie2808 chapter 6 . 8/3/2010
Oh I love it! I really do. It is a great story and I can't wait to read the finale. Please, please, please let there be some sort of happy ending? But I've enjoyed it so far and no matter what kind of ending you'll have in store for us it'll be just as good as the first 6 chapters. I'm sure of that. Love, Kathi
Jeani chapter 6 . 8/1/2010
Woot! Awesome story! Very well written and enjoyable to read. It's too bad, that the story is so short, I really would have likednto read more... Especially seince it's the only Ben Wade story here... OH, please let her go with him! Please, Let them have some sort of happy ending...:)

Anyway great story, please update soon again... bye
Kristina chapter 5 . 7/30/2010
This is a great story.. I feel you captured Wade's personality welll.

I like Jenna. Haha, she's fiesty.

I'll be patiently waiting for the next chapter (:
VictorianxxLyddie chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
I'm really enjoying this story, you're writing is fluent and very carefully chosen.

Many "awws" escaped me while reading chapter 4 as you have clutched at the softer side of Ben Wade and brought that out in subtle ways.

Can't wait to read the next chapter.
GilraenFenix chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
I really love your story and I am curious where it will finally lead. I think your style is really smooth and I was so disappointed that there are only four chapters until now. (Want more!)

If you find some nice and interesting twists and turns - who knows? Maybe we will see your sequel on the big screen one day. But to make this happen, I think it will not be enough to have only a smoldering hot love story.(Which I DO enjoy to read.) There's got to be more. But if - then I cannot wait to see that green eyed guy again, once more playing Ben Wade.
Doc chapter 3 . 7/13/2010
Nice job. I'm enjoying this and look forward to reading more.
VampiresNeedLoveToo chapter 2 . 7/8/2010
Okay, I adore this story! But you must update. I can't wait to see what happens next: please update soon!
Ulaanbaatar chapter 1 . 6/27/2010
I like your story very much. Nice idea, good language (some wonderful sentences!), and a superb cliffhanger.

Spotted a few mistakes, though. One is that the town Ben Wade is returning to and where the shootout took place is NOT Bisbee, it is CONTENTION. You might want to check this out.

If you would like a more detailed review (about Ben Wade being in character or not and other details) please let me know.

ALWrite (Ulaanbaatar)
Doc chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I'm a sucker for Westerns and I always like finding one to read. I'm enjoying this story so far. I look forward to reading more. Keep up the good work.