Reviews for The Legend of Springheel Jack
xxFireWarriorxx chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
I just spent the last hour reading this, but man was it worth it. :D This story is FANTASTIC! :D The plot, the epic riddle, the rhymes, the description, the characterization, the originality, just... WOW! XD

Awesome job! Instant faves. ;D
Nanenna chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
Wow, that was long! But it was good, well worth the read! I suppose since I saw so few of Jackie Chan Adventures that Jack was from an episode I did not see.

With as much as keeps happening to Kinkan and the way those three jump right into the middle of it you'd think they'd become known as some kind of "meddling kids" or something. xD I'm sorry, I just had to put that one out there. If enough weird stuff happens and they're always the ones to fix it someone has got to notice.

Oh wow, my name in the opening! That's pretty awesome.
CSKazaam chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This story turned out wonderfully! X3

I like how you began with a scene showing how Jack escaped, and then cut to Autor reading the paper about it. And I love how Jack made his first appearance! LOL at Ahiru quacking at him. XD His rhymes are really clever!

Ouch at Fakir being kicked with the springs. XD; That would hurt!

LOL! Oh gosh, I did not expect the zombie. And throwing *hangars* at him of all things! I loved how one bounced off its forehead. Awesome mental image. LOLOL. That scene was priceless. XD

I have to admit I was really looking forward to what you did with my riddle! And I am not disappointed. I love it! Ahiru's reaction to it was priceless, and I loved how they figured it out. (And LOL at Ahiru's "Potass...what?" XD)

Ooh, the encounter with Jack in the carriage was intense! That must've been so terrifying for Autor! It was awesome that he was able to stop the carriage, though, even if it was only because he was too afraid to jump. XD

I really liked the showdown on the roof! I thought it went really well, and the moment when Autor and Ahiru thought Fakir was going to be killed was intense! I could definitely feel their horror.

I particularly liked the conversation at the very end, when Fakir told Autor to allow himself the time to get over his fear, instead of trying to rush it. I thought it was very insightful. And relating it to Fakir's fear of writing, which I'd actually forgotten until just then, was very powerful too.

Awesome story!
Moon Shadow Magic chapter 1 . 6/15/2010
This was fun, rhymes and all! (I didn't remember about potassium flames... I don't think that was one of the things we set on fire in Chemistry.) This sounds exactly like someone in the family dabbled in Egyptology or Assyriology and brought home samples, a common enough hobby through the turn of the last century.

Btw: "Equines" would do fine instead of "equine animals." Nitpick. And the reins (technically "lines" for driving, but unless one is familiar with driving and its rules, "reins" is fine for most people and most horsemen) would be straps, as you have in one place, and not "cords" (braided rope, rather than twisted.) But yes, jerking on the horses' mouths could easily irritate and puzzle rather than communicate... though Autor's arms and hands will feel it the day after.

And one more nitpick: Mostly, horses rarely rear, especially carrying double, and the absolute worst thing to do is pull on the reins; it can very easily pull the horse over backward and onto it rider. Anyone behind the saddle would come off; if Duck didn't let go as she went, and she put Fakir off- balance, it could injure or kill all three of them, and/ or break the saddle tree. Under the circumstances it would be far more likely for Fakir's horse to shy, dodging to one side, and Fakir would be kept busy making him face the right direction.
James Birdsong chapter 1 . 6/15/2010