Reviews for What Makes You Tick?
maicross chapter 1 . 9/8/2012
The best story ever ... I really love it .. :D thanksss u , it was really wonderful 3
I believe in you chapter 21 . 1/6/2011
I like the story :) thx 4 sharin!
HellItself chapter 21 . 12/11/2010
DEAR GOD, Other than the _horridgrammerandspelling- THe story was fanominal. Peter was a little(alot) out of character, but i loved it, sp much, i dont know why, but i did. great just great.

With Love

Hell
Gamebird chapter 13 . 7/11/2010
Okay, I didn't even finish this one. When Peter didn't even try to exploit this golden opportunity to escape, it lost me. I'm outta here.
Gamebird chapter 12 . 7/11/2010
Um... well... I guess I'll keep reading...
Gamebird chapter 11 . 7/11/2010
The phone... was on top of... a closet? How is that possible? That's like saying it's on top of a wall. Stupid.
Gamebird chapter 10 . 7/11/2010
Yep, prediction coming true. My interest waning.

I'm also perplexed about what the hell is up with his back. Specifically whipped for hours. Not allowed to heal. Painful to stand, but then he lays on his back! What the f? If his back hurts, he'd be laying on his stomach. (which, honestly, for male-male sex with Sylar being the top, has more potential anyway)

Oh well.
Gamebird chapter 9 . 7/11/2010
::another sigh::
Gamebird chapter 8 . 7/11/2010
::sigh:: Well... I suppose it's a strategy, though you really haven't addressed why Peter isn't at least checking to see if he can get away. Or fashion some manner of weapon while in the bathroom.
Gamebird chapter 7 . 7/11/2010
The impotent "I hate you"s are getting old. Either Peter is juvenile (which is something I strongly suspect of the authors, but so what?), or he's nuts, or he's really, really stupid. Because if something like that isn't getting you somewhere, after a day or so (or more realistically a few hours), a person starts trying other tactics, like bargaining, pleading, begging, playing the silent game, threatening, etc.

Oh well. I don't know why I bother.
Gamebird chapter 6 . 7/11/2010
He got whipped for two HOURS? Or four. Hard to tell. In either case, wtf? Do you have any idea of how much damage a person takes from getting hit with a whip/belt/etc? Now you might be saying that he kept regenerating and perhaps Sylar was really, really taking his time between strokes, drawing it out, making sure that each lash was a fresh pain, but come on. Wouldn't it just be easier to say it took him 20 minutes to break him?

Do you know how long water-boarding takes to break someone? About 5 seconds and most of that is prep. You've been watching way too many movies and/or you're from a highly privileged lifestyle that gave you no personal experience of human endurance.

Anyway, time to rant about something else - Peter's helplessness. Why? In the middle of the page, where Sylar moves him from the chair to the wall, Peter doesn't fight him. WTF? (this time in caps, WTF?) There's a half dozen ways at least Sylar could have transferred him without giving Peter a chance to get away (telekinesis, anyone?), but instead you very specifically have Peter neglect to fight back.

If he's spitting on this guy, provoking him and planning on toughing out a lashing, then it logically follows that he wouldn't be shy about stomping his instep, elbowing his ribs, head-butting his nose or any of a score of other maneuvers to try to get away. But instead you have him obey out of some weird "he has the upper hand, and I'm too weak to oppose him" trip.

Lame.
Gamebird chapter 5 . 7/11/2010
More sad. Poor thing.
Gamebird chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
I has a sad for Peter. :(
Gamebird chapter 3 . 7/11/2010
OMG! Poor Peter. I was wondering if he was closet-gay or bi or what, but you have him being totally straight. I'm so sorry for him. I'm pretty sure this story is headed towards one of two things that I hate: 1) non-con sex, or 2) out of character sex shift (aka, "I became gay for you"). Not that I mind slash, but Sylar would have to whip some heavy mental programming or a weird ability or *something* to explain why Peter accepted his affections, assuming he does at some point.

I dunno. I think I could see him giving Sylar a pity-screw maybe.
Gamebird chapter 2 . 7/11/2010
Okay, this is even more badly written than chapter one, so I'm not even going to address how the writing can be fixed. I hope the formatting at least gets better.

But aside from that, I'm grinning like an idiot from the content. I mean, you've got a great idea here and it's really fun to read, even if the execution is awful rough. Thanks for writing, this is fun to read.

On to the next chapter!