Reviews for Be Quick or Be Dead
CornishGirl chapter 4 . 11/30/2014
Excellent. Writing top-flight, as always, spot-on voices. Kudos for knowing it's antivenin!

I've been along I-40 many times, used to live in Flagstaff, slid at Slide Rock (and have bought fresh apple pie there!), got a big kick out of the setting. 8-)
NiDubhchair chapter 4 . 9/27/2013
This one was so good :D You really nailed the atmosphere - felt just like the show :)

Dean fighting a snake-demon in Wal-Mart was positively priceless, and Sam getting his yogi on at the end was cool too. Nice work!
ccase13 chapter 4 . 3/19/2012
The giant snake in the Walmart was great. I wonder what the local papers reported.
Zinfer chapter 2 . 12/14/2010
i loved your action sequence with Dean and the snake. great chapter _
Merisha chapter 4 . 11/4/2010
Aw :D wonderful end to an awesome story :D - love how Sammy fusses over Dean and the offering LOL XD I can just see Dean's face :D

You know our boys are back to normal when they're arguing about apples and pies and scarecrows LOL XD

Wonderful story, still one of my all time fav's :D

Huggles and luv

Mish :D
Merisha chapter 3 . 11/4/2010
Bad snake, Bad Bad snake :( biting poor Dean and making poor Sammy frantic :( - I love loopy Dean and you describe him so well :D - I can feel the tension and action, you know I want more LOL XD
Merisha chapter 2 . 11/4/2010
Okay, you know I squirmed and squealed through this whole chapter, the action was intense :D - love the comment about "snake repellent" on the shopping list LOL XD

YAY for more chapters :D ... I love your stories :D
Merisha chapter 1 . 11/4/2010
Love how you've incorporated parts of the show into your story LOL :D - and the Wig-Wam motel is just awesomeness :D - Our poor boys are in for some trouble, I hate creepy crawlies :(

Hopping along to the next chapter this instant :D
rog457 chapter 4 . 7/22/2010
Great ending.

The the description of Sam as being nothing if not obsessively thorough is so accurate. Make sure Dean is comfortable, leave a note, set the phone, open the windows, terrific details.

Just once I'd like to read a story where Dean gets hurt and then spends the rest of the story whining and complaining about how sick and in pain he is, just kidding, though that would certainly freak Sam out.

I loved this story.
rog457 chapter 3 . 7/22/2010
Dean is ever the good soldier, when he is given an order, he follows no matter his condition.

"tucked Dean's phone into his good hand" whenever I read stuff like this about the boys or just scenes where one of them is taking care of the other I picture the last scene in "Butch Cassiday and The Sundance Kid" where they are all shot up but trying to patch each other up as best they can before heading out again.

You captured the combination of ruthless effeciency and overwhelming anxiety that is such a part of both Sam and Dean when one of them is having to keep the other one from dieing.

Love how Dean insisted and then forced himself to up and out, he cant let Sam go off on his own into danger if he is capable even a little bit.
rog457 chapter 2 . 7/22/2010
"It was getting to be as bad as Florida" I think Dean just doesnt like place that are very hot, it screws up his style sense since he never seems to wear any less then 2 and sometimes 3 layers of clothes.

Great description of Dean scrambling around the store, arming himself, the nod toward the camera was classic, trying to keep away from and also kill a huge supernatural rattlesnake.

"Every time he thought his life couldn't get weirder, something like this would happen. He had saved himself from a giant snake with and Easy Bake Oven. Sam would never believe him." Love it.
rog457 chapter 1 . 7/22/2010
"It's embarrassing. And the kitsch might rub off on the car."

I loved that line, its so Sam. I can just picture the little Winchester boys running around playing cowboys and indians while Dad is off hunting evil. I love little details like this that show a glimpse into the lives of the boys, it also shows how important some things are to Dean, even if only to be used to embarrass Sam.

Sorry its taken me so long to read and review this story, RL has gotten in the way of my fanfic reading.
NongPradu chapter 4 . 7/20/2010
Somehow this one got lost in the shuffle. I read the first three chapters and didn't realize the 4th one was up!

I LOVED this! Dean being set upon by a giant snake at the Wal-Mart was a stroke of sheer genius. Him "going down in a blaze of glory" and taking the snake with him was just all DEAN. He's just so damned tenacious, and stubborn, that he always gets it done even when he's knocked on his butt.

Just awesome.

And then of course Sam swoops in to clean up the mess afterward. *contented sigh*

The scene at the end with the dude covered in snakes gave me the heebie-jeebies. The imagery was very vivid, easy to visualize it, but icky with the HOARD OF SNAKES! lol.

Just fantastic. From beginning to end.

Awesomeness. :)
Maz101 chapter 4 . 7/2/2010
Sorry for a more general review than normal - no time - but, as usual, a great story. Unique and clearly researched (although...do snakes really like milk? Who knew!). Harking back - loved the action of the giant snake attack in the earlier chapter. Personally I can't get enough of poisoned Dean but (well written) Sam's efficiency soon brought that to an end.

In this, loved ..."Came. Found you. Hell of a lot of snakes." Kinda summed it all up beautifully!
Carol chapter 4 . 6/30/2010
Adorable hurt/out of it dean and great sam as caregiver. The line about the orchard and pie was great. Really well written and all the snake stuff scared the hell out of me! Great story! Thanks for posting it!
56 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »