Reviews for Love Without Labels
Thatsmoshgirl653 chapter 10 . 11/13/2015
Wow. just... wow! This story was absolutely amazing! I am blown away.
Awsam chapter 10 . 11/6/2015
First things first: I love your writing. For you, this story might be kind of weird to look back on, as you had written about 5 years ago lol, but I just found this today as I've been scouring the FF.N for some good Rod/Nicky fanfics. And omg, I'm so glad I found this. Ahhhhh~! I fell in love with your version of Ricky You didn't make him a jerk, you made him a very lovable person who really understood what was going on and bonded with both Nicky and Rod. Not just Rod. And I absolutely loved it. I felt so bad for him because of the whole "Rod doesn't love me. But he loves you." and how he was so supportive with Nicky and "Labels don't matter" omg. That hit me right in the feels.
(also, I loved that "you're so deep in the closet you're finding Christmas Presents" line. That was brilliant. Did you come up with that? Or did you steal that from somewhere? haha)

Ricky, baby, I know you're gay, and I'm not a man, but, I'll take care of you

*ahem* anyways... lol

I absolutely love how you let the characters develop their opinions and feelings at an understandable pace. Rod and Nicky didn't get together so quickly, and Ricky didn't leave the equation instantly. Everything just moved so smoothly. Nothing was rushed. Everything came at it's time. Your descriptions were great, and the amount of detail you put into this story was beautiful. Especially those scenes where you described setting and the places; like the sky, or the mood. I saw photographs in my mind :)
My only suggestion would've been to put dividers between abrupt time skips or scenes. Either divided through symbols or with a few lines of blank space. Just because when paragraphs from different scenes are right next to each other, they seem to blend and it could get confusing about what I was reading about. But other than that I am totally a fan of you and this story.

This review is getting terribly long haha, so I'll end it now, and I hope you don't mind reading all of this. :P Sighhh, this was great. Honestly, you gave me a great story to read and cheer me up. I wasn't having such a great day until I read this story all the way through to the end. So thank you :)

~Mariel
15Acesplz chapter 10 . 12/8/2014
This is so unbelievably fantastic! I like how you don't make Ricky a bad guy. And your vocab is sooooo sexy (nerd alert :P). This situation is my new headcanon for What Happened with Ricky.
Starmz chapter 10 . 8/24/2013
Wonderful job! Not only was the story very coherently written (excellent spelling and grammar usage), but you managed to add your own twist to the characters, fleshing them out more, while keeping their essential core - which is hard to pull off, especially in something that diverges quite a bit from the canonverse.

Now, the finale ... I adored it, so much. Most other fics I'd read were happy and fluffy, and I liked that a lot, but I felt like those kinds might be a tad ... well, not quite pertaining to Avenue Q's vibe, so I tried looking for something more bittersweet. This entire fic is indeed bittersweet, and I love how the reader can sympathise with all of the characters - at least, I know I did! As for the final passage, well, while I do love fluff every now and then, I felt like this kind of gradual, slow build-up is exactly the way Rod and Nicky should pursue a relationship. Nicky's been considered straight his whole life, so right now I place him as feeling a deep emotional connection to Rod, so much so that it could be called romantic, but it'll take him some time to get used to feeling physically attracted to guys. Or, well, Rod, I suppose. While they didn't kiss (which I was half-hoping for, because man, every fic seems to end in a romantic gesture of sorts), the hug is just right.

Once again, good job! And congratulations for having struck the exact, right balance that I needed.
BlakeEllenJ chapter 10 . 7/22/2012
This was quite amazing. The spelling and grammar was fantastic I don't believe I caught any mistakes! The storyline was plausible, I like that both Rod and Nicky hesitated to tell each other and that neither fully admitted that they love each other which was nice. You're very skilled at writing in 3rd person omniscient (I know I'm not) It got a bit confusing at times but I'm tired so that may be the reason. It was a good length also, there are so many one-shots on this website I was glad for a bit of length. Overall, fantastic story and I'll tell all my Avenue Q loving friends about it 3
ShegoRulz chapter 10 . 7/11/2012
That was PERFECT! The best Rod/Nicky story I've read, and brilliantly written!
MelanisticLeopard chapter 10 . 2/20/2012
Yaaaaaaaaay! My first Avenue Q fic & it was good! I liked it a lot! It just sucks that Ricky got the short end of the stick! It wasn't his fault. I mean, Nicky brought him into it in the first place... but it was well-written... imaginative... & I was satisfied with the ending :)
musicalvampire chapter 10 . 11/30/2010
aaaaaaaaaaawwwwww! oh my god! i love it! i feel bad for ricky though! this is one of the fanfics where he doesn't deserve it. i usually don't like him but right now he's a good guy... but without him theres less of a story... so... sorry ricky but sadly yer pain is our gain this was really good :)
Twinkel13 chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
forget the christmas presents! how 'boute NARNIA XD
musicalvampire chapter 9 . 10/1/2010
i wanna give nicky a hug. he needs one really bad
musicalvampire chapter 8 . 9/9/2010
poor ricky. i usually hate his guts. but here, he is getting the short end of this weird three ended stick
Mio Basil chapter 7 . 8/24/2010
omigosh~ i love the way you write:] cant wait for the next update!
musicalvampire chapter 7 . 8/20/2010
NOOOOOOOOOO! WHYYYYYYYYY!
musicalvampire chapter 6 . 8/16/2010
oh yeah. that converation between rod and nicky was just super deep! teehee :3 poor ricky. nicky isn't trying to sabotage your relationship. it's just kinda happening that way. man ricky sure knows how to throw a temper tantrum!
Waltzin Atlanta chapter 6 . 8/15/2010
Did Ricky leave for good? Noooooo! I mean, yeeeeeeeeessss! I mean, like, he is such a nice guy and I love him, but Rod and Nicky practically belong together! Argh, this is so confusing, but it must all work out for the better. I mean, there's got to be a HAPPY ending, right?

That was really cute with Nicky and Ricky fixing the wall together. I'm especially impressed with Ricky's knowledge of wall fixing procedure. I accidentally busted the wall when I was about seven by rolling a pumpkin into it, and as I recall, it took AGES to finish patching it up. He's got some skills, that Ricky.

Oooh, Nicky . . . noticing Rod, now? Yay! I really liked the gay/straight conversation. Especially:

"A person doesn't fall in love with a person's gayness or straightness." That is so. true. There always seem to be lots of amazing, attractive men out there, and then they turn out to be gay. And I can't have them. It makes me very sad sometimes.

But yeah, it's great how this is progressing (I originally wrote "this is greatly progressing," but then I was like, "that's not the same thing!") and I hope you keep it coming. (Quickly, for the readers' sake! D)