Reviews for Love Without Labels
musicalvampire chapter 4 . 7/23/2010
hooray for jobs at bookstores! and nicky would look uber sexy in a fedora!
musicalvampire chapter 3 . 7/14/2010
dun dun dun!
Waltzin Atlanta chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
Another update! I feel like I've won the Showcase Showdown in the Price is Right. (By the way, I also love that show. It was my grandma's favorite, and then my dad's favorite, and now my favorite . . . you get the idea.)

So, I'll leave you another hefty review because I quite enjoy blabbing on for ages. I love how slowly you're developing this, as you said before. It really makes the story believable and so much more enjoyable. I hate fics where Nicky suddenly "turns gay" and runs into Rod's arms. The way you've had Nicky begin to resent Ricky hogging Rod is completely realistic and a wonderful basis for romance.

I loved the awkward roommate scene and Nicky checking naked Rod out. "Roving their way down that clearly defined line that divides a person's torso in two"—this little detail really got me because I had a lecture in my Humanities class last year that spent nearly an hour talking about this particular little line. It was talking about Greek sculpture or something and had a name, but I'm pretty sure I fell asleep halfway through, because that's what happened in nearly all of those lectures . . .

ANYWAY, I really enjoyed how Rod felt he would be cheating if he went out alone with Nicky. His rationalization there made a lot of sense, but I still feel so, so bad for him and his massive dilemma. Ricky is so likeable, but then there's good ol' loveable Nicky. Aaaaargh, how to decide? (But I'm rooting for Nicky, of course).

"How to clean artificial flowers with salt"—do people seriously do that? I've watched my fair share of public television, but I don't think Martha Stewart taught me that. And Nicky's "busy day"? ROFL. Yeah, sure. I'm dying to see what that entails. Love this, and keep it coming!
rejectsuperstar chapter 3 . 7/4/2010
ohhhh...something's brewing! (besides the coffee!)
Waltzin Atlanta chapter 2 . 6/30/2010
Yes, you updated! Score!

Whoo, this story is awesome! Like the previous reviewers have said, I love how nice you make Ricky. He cooks, he cleans, he's buff, he's funny—he's almost everything *I'd* want in a boyfriend . . . except he's gay. Damn.

Anyway, I like how Nicky is starting to resent Ricky's presence. I thought you showed it really well by making him want to move back into his room. Also, I loved the videogame interaction and how Nicky was so surprised Ricky gave it back after his turn and didn't hog it. I think that's something Nicky would have done, given the chance, so the contrast between the two was great.

And Nicky's reaction to Rod and Ricky having sex was hilarious. Oh, Nicky:

"Rod's a grown man, you know. He's going to have sex. That's the way of the world." Ricky said.

"I'd rather not think about it and I'd even less rather talk about it."

Haha! But poor, poor Rod! Pining all these years after Nicky, finding lookalike Ricky, and then having Nicky slowly start to change his mind. I just let out a big "awwwww" and want to hug him and nuzzle his fuzzy blue head.

But yeah, enough of me. As usual, great chapter, and I'm really looking forward to an update!
musicalvampire chapter 2 . 6/30/2010
WOOHOO! NEW CHAPTAH! aaaaaaw poor rod... what was he reading? i didnt know there were books about cats solving crimes!... plaese write more
rejectsuperstar chapter 2 . 6/30/2010
OHOHO! This is getting really good!
Morgan Pen chapter 1 . 6/25/2010
You sure you didn't write the sequel for Avenue Q? This was really good, and I loved Ricky's comment about the closet. Lol. That seriously made my night.

Keep on writing!
accident prone chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Well...silly Avenue Q obsessed me, I already said I loved this on DA. But I can't help but say it again! I love this! I think this is definitely easily the best Avenue Q fic I've read so far, period. So, thumbs up! I eagerly await more!
The Happy Monkey of Doom chapter 1 . 6/21/2010
Hoookay, I LOVE you (not that I didn't already) for making Ricky a likeable character, and having Nicky treat him as a trusted friend. Man, I am SO SICK of people dehumanising Ricky or characterising him as the bad guy just because he gets in the way of the OTP... It's not his fault, it's not like he came into the relationship knowing!

So, yeah, I'm real glad you wrote him this way, because in fact, it's exactly how I always imagined him to be. I adore the perfect balance of manly and campy he's got going on. I think a previous reviewer said something like "Ricky can't be the girl because Rod is"...and uh...yeah I don't really want to comment on the ignorance of that statement. Clearly someone has read one too many a stereotypical yaoi! ;P

As per usual, damn you you amazing writer, the imagery and emotion is PAINFULLY HEART-WRENCHINGLY BEAUTIFUL. Mostly in the dream sequence and the waking up bit. I envy you quite a lot for having such a seemingly effortless grasp on communicating ideas, images and feelings so strongly.

I do agree with one previous reviewer, though - should I be imagining the characters as puppets or as uh...colourful humans? x3 I can't help seeing their puppety faces, but some descriptions confuse the image for me, though I can usually find a nice middle ground in my head.

I have only one correction to make; you wrote "Nicky now had to vie for Rod's attention." "Vie" should actually be spelt "vy".

Once again, awesome work! I love you so god damn hard like.
MsAngelofMusic chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
very interesting start. I can't wait to read more. I'm not sure if I should be visualizing them as humans or puppets lol
Waltzin Atlanta chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Oooh, I like this! You write Nicky very believably, and it's really interesting to add Ricky's presence to the mix. Actually, I don't think I've ever read a fic with him in it, so I'm intrigued (though I must agree with the previous reviewer in that it's all about *Nicky* and Rod). Anyway, I really enjoy seeing Ricky interact with Nicky—I love how you make them similar, since they are basically identical, but very distinct as well.

Also, I totally LOLed:

"Oh, no way! Plinko! How lucky am I!"

That is like, classic Nicky. Anyway, great job, and I hope you add to this story!
Demona-Silverwing chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
As I said on DA, I LOVE it! Can't wait for more :D
rejectsuperstar chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
awesome characterization from the get go! I love how you make Ricky so likeable and Nicky sooo lazy! Can't wait to see what's next!
musicalvampire chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
OMG I LOVE THIS! please make more chapters! this is the first time i actually want ricky's presence in a fanfic. don't get me wrong, i want him outta the way so rod and nicky can get together, but the way you make him and nicky interact with eachother is just B-E-A-UTIFUL! and i will be repeating some of the lines in this forever!... but why is ricky such a girl? he's supposed to be the guy. and rod is the girl. two girls don't make a dude. i still love the way you make him act, though. so no complaints here.
30 | « Prev Page 1 2