Reviews for Simple Gifts
angie2282 chapter 1 . 7/26/2011
This. Was. Amazing! Great writing! I love Miles and you were right on point when it comes to portraying his character. This scene could totally have had been canon. And the fact that Miles is considering helping the others really does show how much he's evolved.

Right? As much as I loved him, I didn't much expect Miles to survive. I'm still surprised that two of the freighter four made it out! But if you think about it its a nice mix. Three originals. Two freighties. And one island advisor xD Anywho, enough of my rambling. Great writing. Faving on the spot.

Favorite bit? 'Yup, if you ignored that twig that was still sticking out of her hair, she was definitely still hot.' It was nice that you showed the snarky Miles as well :)

(Guilty of being a GhostMama shipper)
muzical chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
Loved it! Oh Miles :) I agree; I was definitely surprised to find he survived the finale, especially since he never really had a serious storyline (aside from meeting his dad).

I loved your comment about Jack not surviving though Miles did. And definitely enjoyed the comment about Claire still being hot :) totally a Miles comment.

Awesome job!
ILoveNeil chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
i liked this. alot. You made a lot of good points that sounded exactly like Miles. My favorite line was by far, "Yup, if you ignored that twig that was still sticking out of her hair, she was definitely still hot."
Golden-Black Dragon chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Well, Miles is cool, although he's remarkably underwritten. It was nice getting Miles' perspective, and what he doesn't know is that Desmond will end up getting home somehow. It's nice that you captured the fact that Miles will be willing to help Ji Yeon and Aaron and Juliet's nephew because he's probably been in the same boat as them himself. And that last bit about Claire was funny too, maybe Miles and Claire end up moving in together.

Please update AWNTS soon
Unidentified Pineapples chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
You've done it again. A brilliant look at the wonder that is Miles. I've established that you need to give up wring because you're making the rest of us here on FanFiction look like ameteurs compared to you. Your writing is pure poetry and I greatly enjoy when I open my email box and find that you've written something else. That being said, I think I almost cried when Miles was reflecting back on the fact that they've survived plane crashes and polar bears and h-bombs and timetraveling... and no one will ever know. That is such a saddening and sobering thought, and you conveyed it perfectly. And I loved that you had everyone tearing up as they circled the Island. "It's all over." A beautiful way to put it. Thank you for writing such a wonderful piece. As always, I look forward to reading more of your work in the future.
CarolynneRuth chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
I like this odd ball very much! Of course I always have a soft spot for Miles and I really liked reading something from his point of view.

Thanks for that.
For A Key chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Loved this. They're all... well, odd. But Miles is still Miles in this, even though he's grown. I enjoyed reading about his thoughts about Claire, still a little snarky there.
BlankBullet chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
love it. I absolutely love this fic. maybe cause Miles is my favorite character, and this was so well-written. there definitely should be more Miles fics, and I will write something too. great work!
NeverQuiteAwake chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
That was great! I love Miles too, he doesn't get enough love, lol. He was very in character here. After everything that happened, I'd expect him to react with a little sadness, but certainly more optimism (I guess you could call it optimism) than everyone else. And I spotted no grammar issues, didn't even notice any typos :)
hjr chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Excellent description of Miles' thoughts and conscience on the last flight. Nice touch with the diamonds; I had forgotten about them. And there is nothing wrong with the grammar.