Reviews for The Nightmare of Sagittarius
MurdererMine chapter 1 . 1/31/2014
This is brilliant. It's a pity it doesn't seem to have gone anywhere yet. Please continue it? :)
the grey mage chapter 1 . 6/5/2011
was this forgotten? its quite interesting. i especially love the beginning transition from kyons time in the club room.
Lawrence chapter 1 . 6/3/2011
It's been a While since this story received any attention from you. I really don't want to see this one die.
ByLanternLight chapter 1 . 8/27/2010
When I was first introduced to Haruhi Suzumiya, long ago, it was through an AMV set to the Nightmare of Sagittarius episode. The combination of music and images inspired me, and I immediately set out to watch the series, convinced that it was a space opera on the lines of Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Imagine, then, my dismay at episode 00. Nevertheless, I persevered, and came to enjoy the series for what it was.

This, though: this is the answer to deeply-seated longing and my original disappointment. FFNet doesn't have nearly enough hard sci-fi, I usually have to go to SpaceBattles or StarDestroyer. I am deeply glad to have found this story, and hope with all my heart you find te creative urge to finish it.

divad relffehs chapter 1 . 7/31/2010
awesome premis, personally I've been entertained by the notion of a cross with Stargate where they end up building an interstellar empire.
AbyssalDaemon chapter 1 . 7/16/2010
Whoa this looks like the quite the gem. I've always thought that, that episode had quite a bit of potential and writing once again manages to deliver. Though I feel somewhat sorry for Kyon, in this. Wondering if he's gone crazy while being forced too deal with the smaller details of the fleet that Haruhi probably doesn't care much for, and risk his life.
z chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Just a small nit: hard sci-fi is THE hardcore, hard science sub-genre of sci-fi. It has a specific meaning. On hard sci-fi, science is taken seriously. You don't violate it (much). It is as realistic as possible given the current scientific knowledge. As such, it is quite incompatible with Haruhi :-)

If you mean your story will be a seriously technobablish space-opera/space fantasy work (which it looks like it will be :p), don't call it hard sci-fi or hardcore sci-fi. Maybe call it hardcore SyFy...

That said, it looks interesting. There is a place for space fantasy, and it can be lots of fun to read.
kaitou28 chapter 1 . 6/24/2010
Interesting feel, I think the technobabble is just right, but then again, i read stuff like battletech
Jimm chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Interesting idea. I'll be curious to see where it goes. Thanks for sharing this with us.
TyPinG sLOwLy chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I like this though it was random how it suddenly switched over. I'm sure this is Haruhi's fault. Anyway can't wait to see more.
The Jabberwock of OZ chapter 1 . 6/17/2010

you did a good job on this first chapter

i hope to see more out of this series when you have the time

see ya later man
Tabasc0 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Neatness. As a devout space opera/hard SF fan, I'm looking forward to this.
Condor green chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Uhh I read the what Haruhi said about the new story and I was like O.O Night's Dawn Trilogy.
GeshronTyler chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
To Be Resolved: To never never never never never never never let Haruhi start reading something like... Honor Harrington. _ Okay, I guess Star Trek has a high level of world building too...

This should be quite interesting, in the chinese sense, for our intrepid heroes. I wonder if the computer club's cheat backdoor will be ported over to this version... Or if indeed, the "enemy commander" also remembers a world much unlike the one he lives in now.

Write on!

Thanks, read you next time.
Raisins chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
The fact that this seems interesting and I want to read it cancels out only some of the petulant rage that it's not more Kyon: Big Damn Hero.