Reviews for How To Save A Life
Sean Dineen chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
I found your story touching and brillent.
The shutter Island staff, represent a window of saftey between surgrary and drugs turning people doclie
somaticjester chapter 3 . 8/16/2010
Okay, now I am truly amazed by your storytelling skills. The POVs of each character were nailed perfectly (no more, no less) and carefully detailed enough to give them a certain sense of individuality from each other-that is, Lester speaks just like what Lester should say-which IMO is a hard thing to do when writing stories with multiple POVs.

Also, I'd like to give credit for elaborating Emily's POV since little is said about her in the book. Glad to see her have the limelight (and a happy ending) this time.

Angsty? Yes. Awesome? I'd say epic. Job well done.
Deleted User Accout chapter 3 . 6/22/2010
Aw, shit. It's over already. This chapter is wonderful, too. Poor Emily, yeah, you know, I kinda feel the same way as you do. I think that Emily had feelings for Andrew. The part after the surgery was really sad, you are so amazing at angst. So many people can't do it very well, but you've got it nailed. You need to start publishing stuff, you can know that I will read it! :D

Lovely ending, too by the way, and I'm glad you chose to end this that way. Very sweet and nice, I mean, what could be better that two people who loved Andrew so much (in diffrent ways of course) than to be together themselves?

Anyway, I loved this one too, and I want to tell you that you should put that story up again. Please? You need to, maybe put it in the movie catagory and not the book one. I really enjoyed that one and would be thrilled if you put it back up. :D

Deleted User Accout chapter 2 . 6/21/2010

This is the most amazing story I have ever read, not kidding. I think you captured John very well in fact, what really ticks me off is so many people think that Cawley is a bad guy. He wasn't at all. He was at his wits end with Andrew, and tried everything he could to heal him. But, yeah. The ending of the movie is so fucking sad. I've seen that movie three times and I still cry at the end. Same thing with the book, but the ending of the film was a little worse I think because it's pretty clear that Andrew reset himself on purpose.

I am so happy that you decided to write this one, I think it's your best one yet. Though I still LOVE 'Dirty Little Secret.'

I really feel bad for Cawley, but much more for Lester. Yeah, they are not real, but still. I mean, that's how brilliant the movie/book are AND this story, by the way.

And you mentioned me again, you didn't have to do that, but that's soooo nice of you. I mean, you always leave me WONDERFUL reviews, crap, I think you've read/reviewed everything I've ever written! :D

Yup, you and me both. I think I could probably help Andrew, maybe a little. But even if I couldn't, I would just try and understand. Lester would be mine too, and I'd have to move to Utah! :D

Wow, look how long this review is. My oh my, am I long winded!

Deleted User Accout chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
No, the angst was perfect, not too much at all. I love you that you keep writing SI stories, as I really can't come up with any real good ideas for one. This a pretty good example of what Lester felt about all this, in fact, this is WHAT he thought. Wonderfuly well done, this is amazing, and I'm really glad that it's going to be more than a oneshot. The most powerful part was when Lester was talking to Andrew about his wife, god, that was so sad. :(

I love this one.