Reviews for Growth
shisuifan chapter 1 . 5/12
is lovely...
GlenPoint chapter 1 . 11/4/2012
Ouch. Poor apple tree. So, yeah, third review of one of your fics in the same evening. I noticed that your account is "dead", so this'll probably be the last review I leave, but thanks for keeping all your fics up!
Sweetest Possible Revenge chapter 1 . 5/17/2011
It's not a stupid story. I think it's actually quite brilliant. Most "grenade" stories are like that, the ones that will explode into nothing but unusable ingredients if you don't write them down, and fast. It needs a bit of editing, though, but overall really very lovely. Thank you for writing this.
Zwei Shonagon chapter 1 . 6/29/2010
Oh dear lord this is genius. Pure genius. The angst... but more importantly the hope and the beauty of the character! Shishui, your Shishui, is one of those characters you really want to exist. Not just because they're so sexy (well, not ONLY), but because they're so golden-like-cherub-angel-good.

The tears, the tears... -_-
Demeterr chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
I like :)
SkywardShadow chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
That was really good. Not pointless at all (have more faith in yourself, ah? xD). I love the idea of Shisui owning an apple tree, and how it figures into his life from birth to death.

Great work with this!
coinc chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
What am I even supposed to say to you anymore? You have to get tired of keysmashing sometime.

Your Shisui is so full of WANT, of longing, it's just unbelievably perfect, gah. Down with these stupid morbid fandom Shisuis, don't let a thing touch your characterization, it's flawless. Fucking perfect.

Have you read "the Giving Tree?" Weirdly, it sort of reminded me of that, although there are no similarities except the tree and the progression of life.

My favorite is year fourteen. Also the apple preserves in year eleven. I smiled like a LOON.
theprincesshime chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Wow. Mirroring Shisui's life with an apple tree. This is quite a piece of work. Really lovely & emotionally stirring. I want to cry for the apple tree right now as much as I want to cry for Shisui.
Darth-Taisha chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Ok, it is 0230 in the morning, but I will take a shot at reviewing. I think it is sad and poignant how the tree reflects his life and the relationships around him. Little moments, sweet moments, stuff like that happen around the tree. I liked all of the time you had between him and Itachi and also the moments with Sasuke in this short ficlet of yours. Anyway, as usual, I think you are awesome and your brain is crazy great because you can take something mundane as an apple tree and make it interesting and a thought-provoking read. Thanks for posting it, I liked it a lot. Question: Wasn't Shisui older than 16 when he died? If that is the case then I was wondering what caused him to neglect the tree...I will reread it with a fresh brain in the morning:)