Reviews for The Lord of the Rings: The Abridged Script
accountdeleted0235 chapter 3 . 1/18/2016
Thank you for writing that, it was such a good story!
accountdeleted0235 chapter 2 . 1/18/2016
Haha, that was as great as the first chapter, and actually even better! I laughed continuously :) Gandalf is such a funny character, I saw a bit of it in the books, but I never got the chance to explore it until now!
accountdeleted0235 chapter 1 . 1/18/2016
Hilarious! I think I like this one better than the original ;) Gandalf's pay-raise line was so funny, it had me giggling. And I do not giggle.

You've done a wonderful job staying in character even in a parody and the comedy is very well written, not too much but just enough to keep the reader laughing all the while. Off to read the next chapter!
Guest chapter 3 . 5/24/2015
XD I like this version better. Literally was Laughing out loud.
Stormcutter684 chapter 3 . 3/14/2015
Rofl XD
that's hilarious
Guest chapter 3 . 9/13/2014
AH HA HA HA HEE HEE HAR HAR AH HAHAHA HAHAHA! ! !
Gandalfan chapter 3 . 9/8/2014
LOL!
Guest chapter 3 . 8/5/2014
TOTALLy legit, huh?
Tolkein in probably turning in his grave.
Gartabro chapter 3 . 4/29/2014
I decided to read this during a free moment between classes and I regret nothing. Good parodies are hard to find, so congratulations.

My favourite parts were Gandalf and the Rohirrim friends throwing a party the moment Gandalf leaves with Pippin.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/20/2014
This script has to be one of the best LotR paradies I have ever read. It's comical, well-written, and unique. There are a few differences from the orgional story, but I guess that's mostly due to the "time warp" idea. Howver, I would think that after putting so much effort into creating this script, you would have realized that Strider's name is Aragorn, not Aragon. And yes, I did notice that you changed it back to what it should be partway through, but perhaps you could have taken a few minutes to edit it and the few grammatical errors. Overall, it was very well done and thank you for a much-needed laugh.

Also, to The One called Demetra: Do you know anything about Tolkien at all? He began writing the Lord of the Rings in 1939, but finished it over a decade later. WWII occured during the early 1940s. He may not have meant it to refer to WWII, but if he had, he would have had more than enough time to edit it. Before you attempt to insult the brilliant writers of this fanfic, please go back to elementary school to learn basic history or actually research Tolkien before making obscure accusations.
Guest chapter 3 . 1/15/2014
LOL!
DragonsDeadAndDancing chapter 3 . 1/4/2014
Awesome!
Velata Sidus chapter 3 . 12/13/2013
Small note: you've spelt Palantir wrong. Gandalf: the most considerate, kind person (wizard, I mean) available. Happy that his fellow colleague died by the hands of an unhygienic man. 'Silence mortal?' Like Frodo isn't mortal himself. And it's refreshing to hear Legolas forget his Shakespeare :P I was wondering if he possessed the ability to talk normally. Frodo and Gollum: BFFs...until Frodo kicks him off a cliff into a volcano. Great friendships here.

Thanks for the great read!
Velata Sidus chapter 2 . 12/13/2013
Hahahhaahhaaha if only Gimli had done that all throughout the movie. Am currently feeling sorry for Theoden, who gets no time to recover from being a vegetable and victim of evilness :) Always knew that Gandalf was considerate. Gunpowder imported from China? Oooo, no credit to Saruman then. Well, great as always. Loved it!
Velata Sidus chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
Hilarious. I just have this feeling that Aragorn cannot let Boromir die because he could conveniently replace his position as a King (or so he thinks). And Legolas constantly referring to his elven eyes as keen :) Like we could ever forget. Gimli talking in Scottish accent- Brilliant. I have seen fanfictions where Dwarves are shown as a species that cannot speak english without some kind of Western accent. Now, it would be funny if Gimli could talk in an Asian accent... Oh and your Shakespearean language is great. Does your English teacher love you?

Good job :) This is a great read! I will now continue to the next chapter :P