Reviews for Old Dogs, New Tricks
Kakashi-is-my-daddy chapter 25 . 1/14
That was nice. I enjoyed a lot. I need more sai x sakura. I must waddle off and find more fantastic sai x sakura fanfics. waddle

(its 2am and I shall dream of a sai x sakura wedding)
Momokapamyu chapter 25 . 12/15/2016
So I was checking your page for updates and I passed this story with curiosity. The irony is that I'm a big fan of your saisaku fic Protected, and much of the reason that I even bothered to read that one was because I had read this one first . Apparently though, I never actually finished it, even though I could have sworn that I had lol. What I had read I'd forgotten so it was a nice re-discovery of an example of great fan fiction.

I have to first applaud your ability to write humor. Right from the get go we have a destroyed kazekage tower, kankuro missing a patch of hair, Sai in jail for triggering an emotional Temari and then having Temari sitting in a cell right next to him. Add an oblivious sai and I can't help but laugh and face palm myself when I read ( and mind you I never react this strongly when I read unless I'm utterly invested ) .

What else is impressive is how you can seamlessly integrate drama to set a different tone depending on what is playing out in the narrative . Stand out moments would have to be your breaking of sai , sakura's awful judgement when pertaining to Sauske, and the interactions of Tsunade when comforting Sai as well as scolding Sakura. All those moments, in my opinion, really immerses the reader into the story. Heck I even choked up a little when reading Sauske's final goodbye , and I HATE him . (#SAISAKU4LIFE)

The only critiques I can really provide are a little after sai and sakura get together , I feel like the story's pacing drags just a teensy bit . It's as if I can almost see your brain transitioning into the seriousness that Sasuke brings to the fic. The transition itself, from focusing on Sakura teaching Sai emotions to what would become of the couple if Sasuke returns are a little rough around the edges. But honestly , this was written in 2011 and you've done a lot of writing since then and I've read your more recent works , and have improved so much that this is really a non issue at this point .

There were also some small typos . Nothing was misspelled, but a few words appeared to have been perhaps auto corrected by accident.

Overall, I can't help but gush over how you write these characters. It's as if your fics remind me of why I had fallen in love with Naruto in the first place. Kishimoto really did create a wonderful world with fun characters with GREAT potential . Without going into the nitty gritty of the manga and anime industry, it's ironic that Kishimoto was unable to bring these characters to their full potential, but an average fan such as yourself can ( not that there is anything average with your writing) .

Anyway , big fan of your works ! I look forward to more in the future. If you choose to .
Avyy chapter 25 . 11/29/2016
This was great :)
ishdirections chapter 25 . 9/7/2016
This was fantastic!
lakeya2700 chapter 25 . 3/22/2016
This is honestly my fav couple, this story was fantastic update soon!
august10045 chapter 13 . 11/14/2015
That was quite an image. I just imagined a sexy Sai in a yukate coyily peeking over his shoulder and saying "make love to me." Dont know why but there was also a Sakura with a horrible nose bleed.
august10045 chapter 11 . 11/14/2015
Eeeeeeekkkkkkk! Damn Sai you are smooth.
august10045 chapter 9 . 11/14/2015
Does...does...d-d-does Sai have a foot FETISH?!
Nawar chapter 25 . 8/14/2015
Sorry for the language but...
HOLLY SHIT I LOVED EVERY SECOND OF THIS EVERY LETTER EVERY WORD EVERY LINE EVERY PARAGRAPH IT WAS HOLLY FREAKING AMAZING AND YOU JUST KEEP ON DOING WHAT YOU AND HOLLY WHEN SASUKE GOT REJECT I WAS LIKE BOOYAAA AND SAI AND SAKURA TOGETHER HGNGGJFDKJDJKFF SAI WAS HOLLY SIZZLING ADORABLE AND TEAM INOSHIKACHOU AND ALL DEM FRIENDSHIPS , HINATA AND NARUTO ARE GOALS AND I JUST LOVE THIS AND I LOVE YOU SO MUCH FOR WRITING IT I FELT LIKE SAI LEARNING HOW TO ACTIVATE MY FANGIRL FEELS ITS BEEN I WHILE SINCE I LAST READ SOMETHING SO AMAZING
sigh
Sorry just felt like caps can express my feels lol
SakuMiChanNoGaara chapter 25 . 7/27/2015
I finished reading this in a day thats how good it is..thank you for taking your time and writing thes awesome story
Lucan Andrews chapter 25 . 7/19/2015
A most beautiful ending, and an exceedingly beautiful story. Again, I loved it so much. I started it early this afternoon, and have been reading it all day. Probably the first fan fiction of this length that kept me into it, and gave me no want to stop reading it, the first of this length that I've read all the way through in pretty much one sitting, aside from when my laptop died and i couldn't find the charger for the life of me! My roommate got a kick out of that. Anyway, i must repeat, a most intricate and beautiful story.
Lucan Andrews chapter 11 . 7/19/2015
Aah... Finally a kiss. I am falling in love with this story, chapter by chapter; sentence by sentence.
Lucan Andrews chapter 8 . 7/19/2015
Alrighty, this first part is before I read the chapter, but Sakura's parents are seen and I believe, named in the Naruto Movie, "Road to Ninja", and if my memory serves, the episode, "Road to Sakura"... I'm going to read the chapter now...

Wonderful. I am really loving this tale.
Lucan Andrews chapter 6 . 7/19/2015
I've read to here so far, and to be honest, I quite like this story. It would be awesome if it could be considered a part of the story, and if they made a little mini arc out of this, that'd be really awesome. I don't comment on many stories, but this one is quite... How to best put it... Beautiful. I'll stick with that word. I am definitely looking foreward to reading more of this. P.S. I have shipped Sai and Sakura since their first mission together. It fits the two characters better than a Sakura x Sasuke ship. :D
no one chapter 3 . 5/22/2015
lol I thought I was the only one who realized Naruto was homophobic.