Reviews for Learning How To Walk
Rosetta Brunestud chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
"And I had to stand back and let you. I wanted to cushion all the sharp corners in the world for you but I couldn't. And I still want to, and I still can't. And it's – hard. You've been hurt enough in your life and – it's hard."

I loved that *-* That totally sounds like Dean I think that's exactly how he feels. Congratulations

Kisses

Rosetta
ephiny63 chapter 1 . 6/23/2010
Hey Honey

YAY someone else who feels the same way I do about how Sam was made out to be the only cause of the Apocalypse and the big baddie in it all.

I loved this little story, I could see both of the boys so clearly in their words and actions, great job hon

take care

hugs Shelley
ziggy.uk chapter 1 . 6/20/2010
Awesome fic, totally believable and in character. Could totally imagine Sam being p*ssed that Dean didn't automatically want to look into the hunt, and also needing some space. Totally Dean that he would try and find his little brother but loved that he listened to Sam in the end and didn't follow him, gave him the space he needed. Awesome talk at the end and loved that Sam also wrapped up the hunt.
donilou2 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Wonderful as always Claire. You always have the boys' voices so perfectly tuned and I like how you managed a cheezed off Sam without making him petulant or immature. Dean, as always, was perfect.
SunnyZim chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I enjoyed this:) I liked Dean's parallel between little Sam and grown up Sam and his realisation that he can't protect Sam from everything and sometimes he just has to let him be. I also enjoyed their 'apology' at the end - very typical of the brothers!
supernaturaldh chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Great story, I loved it!
mousefiction chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
That was really good, and I enjoyed it. I liked how you mentioned how it was difficult for Dean to readjust his relationship with his brother, since its something a lot of parents seem to go through. Great job!
palpravda chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Interesting look through Dean's eyes. I'm glad he understood Sam so much better at the end, and Sam seemed to understand Dean as well. Sometimes love so strong gets in the way of fully understanding for a while because of the emotion involved... but only for a while. It ultimately gets them through until they see themselves and each other clearly once again. Lovely scene at the end.

Dean is always the parent as well as the brother. No matter how old they get, or what happens to them, or how much time passes, that will always be present in their relationship. If it's part of a relationship, it never goes away. Even Sam seems to accept that, and even appreciate it in his own way... most of the time. Of course how it plays out may change a little (eg. I'm sure Dean doesn't try to tie Sammy's shoes any more, and I'd like to see him try!)... but it never goes away.

You do a very nice job of portraying their relationship.
Meggin Lane chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Sam angry? Even on his worst day he has brakes that he applies on his emotions until you can see the smoke pouring off 'em. (LOL) I've always loved how Jared does this controlled inner vibration whenever he has to portray Sam as angry.

But when the dam bursts-watch out!

So the image you painted of how Sam was constantly leaving the area near Dean was what I interpreted as much for Dean's protection as it was to keep Sam's focus on the job and override his need to Beat something down into the ground.

I loved your the moment that Dean realizes that none of his frustration was because of Sam's mood. That ALL of it was his frustration at having to let Sam go into the world unprotected and trust he'd make it back alright.

After all those years of raising Sam, Dean is the one that had the hardest time growing up into his new role of brother. And aren't awkward ages, well, awkward? Dean's role as he sees it is as fixed on a course of mother/father/bother as a train is to the track its rides on. And now Dean realizes he just has to switch to a side line of just 'brother'.

Life sure does put you through changes!
vonnie836 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Great story. I liked it for being different. Sam being grumpy, difficult and Dean being worried, until he figures out what it's all about. Loved Dean giving Sam space. Loved the little talk in the end. Hugs, Vonnie
LuminX chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
"...and waited until I was done at the trunk and back by his side before he turned to walk into the motel room." That final line says so much with such a (seemingly) small gesture. Very good. There were many good lines, of course, but I needed to mention that one. :)

I can understand both of the boys so well here. My heart goes out to them.

Anyway, it ended as it should of course... each one at the other's side... going in (or going on) together.
jayhaytch chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Sorry for very quick review but I guess this says it all: ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT. Perfect. Love it. :D
Hawk50 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Ah, I love it when Dean gets a clue. Perhaps if a little more of this 'mutual' understanding had gone on in Season 5, it would have made things a little easier.

This was a gem. Thanks for sharing.
WindSpirit79 chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
Better late than never. It was worth the wait. Great job on the tension and how they really wanted to be back to normal, that bond was still there, it was just overshadowed by everything else. I like how they keep coming back to that at the end too, tied in w/Sam learning to walk. OCD. Haha. And very sweet of Dean saying he wished he could cushion the soft corners. Great job.
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 6/16/2010
This was very Sam-like. His misplaced anger makes total sense.

Loved Dean's 'how you learned to walk' bit. Applies to real life.

Smooth writing.

The time cap. - very creative.

Thanks,