Reviews for We Come to Life Beneath the Stars
AlixMaret chapter 2 . 7/13/2010
Aah. Brilliant chapter title.

A sign of humanity from Edward.

A sign of returning life from Bella.

Favorite lines:

"I live within emptiness, and emptiness lives in me. And I'm ashamed of myself, because I let this happen. I ripped everything down and sat idly by, waiting for someone to come along and bring me some color, some life. But no one else can do that for me; it's something that I have to do for myself."
AlixMaret chapter 1 . 7/13/2010

Fantastic, evocative images: I loved the goldfish metaphors that opens this story.

Your Bella, Jacob, Emmett, Renee and Charlie are heartbreakingly complex and real. The picture you paint of the death of a relationship is just pure pain, because it is absolutely true. I've lived this more than once and you captured it perfectly. ouch.

Yea, it feels like 93 million miles between Bella and Jacob.
lung chapter 1 . 7/13/2010
I'm so loving this story already.

Bella is once again so realistically portrayed and so relatable. The first two chapters were brilliant, I could actually feel her pain and how alone she felt after she broke off such a long and meaningful relationship like the one she had with Jake.

I also love the fact that the majority of the story takes place in the office. Reading about the characters' everyday lives, jobs and routines is realistic and kinda fascinating to me. Edward is so very intriguing and I can't wait to find out what he's hiding. One minute I hate him and the next I just want to give him a hug. I really like the chemistry and the slow progression between him and Bella.

I can't wait for the next update. And of course the more chapters the merrier.
ChocolateLover82 chapter 4 . 7/13/2010
I found this story yesterday, no idea how, LOL, but I love it already.

Wow, Bella feels very much lonely right now, but mainly 'cause she doesn't seem to know how to be alone, which is why I loved the end of this chapter, she's starting to enjoy being alone and finding herself, specially things she kind of lost while she was with Jake.

And Edward, wow, now he is the opposite of Bella, he's alone and doesn't seem to know how to act around people that oeffer him kindness, mainly 'cause that's never happened before. I feel so sad for him, specially because he seems so worried about something outside of his job, taking care of a relative, maybe? I love to see him opening up more and more with Bella, and hopefully in time, with the world.

Great story, can't wait for more :)
Spencerette chapter 4 . 7/13/2010
I'm so curious to find out what exactly his deal is :)
frstmdllast chapter 4 . 7/12/2010
I just found this story, and its really interesting so far. I really loved Intersection, so I'm sure this one will be great, too. I am dying to find out what's going on with Edward, like if he is supporting a child or sick parent or something. Seems like he may have a money problem...
Amieforshort chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
The toner story was funny. I am waiting to find out what is up with Edward, why he acts as he does. Thanks for sharing, I look forward to the next update.
woodycakes chapter 4 . 7/11/2010
oh edward we will forever be baffled by your hot and coldness. perhaps bella got it spot on with the wife and kid from his past. i have afeeling he talks to his kid with tanya on the phone when he looks real happy.

but the mood swings are giving me a whip lash and i'm excited to get an explanation for this. still, awesome chapter filled with cute interactions. I love it when Bella takes out the stain on his shirt only to get bitten out for 'reading' his papers. oh deer.

and doodling bella's name along with tanya's? hmmmm... you sure know how to build up some mystery
Mo'Reading chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
I think it’s a great idea how you give the impression that Renee and Bella have switched roles, you know Renee is the steady one and Renee perceives Bella to be the flighty irresponsible one. Their relationship reminds me of my mothers and mine, but I figured out very quickly that many of the things I wanted to try were wrong in my mothers eyes just because either she was afraid for me or she tried them and failed and she was inadvertently reflecting her failure onto me. We went through a spell like Renee & Bella where she would call and my whole great week would just vanish and I would literally feel ill after our conversation. Eventually it just got easier to move away and stop telling her what I was doing with my life, as long as I don’t ask for help she doesn’t ask me what’s going on.

I’ve always told my cousins and my nieces that girls should live on their own for few years so that they can learn about themselves and learn that they can handle life alone before they settle down, just in case they end up alone anyway they won’t have the heartache and the fear to deal with at once.

Jasp-arrrrr that was such a good laugh, have never heard that one before.

That whole copy machine fiasco was hilarious, love the irony of the situation and the last puff of toner was absolutely genious. Did that happen to someone you know or did you just imagine that.

Isn’t funny how sometimes your going through something and a message of hope comes from someone who is talking about something completely different but the message fits your situation anyway?

I have no theories on Edward yet. I’m to caught up in Bella finding herself.
Aurabee chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
I really like how she has these little smacks of how hard it can be to move along, but then she straightens her shoulders and does it. Makes me proud of her.

Also, yes, you do continue to squeeze the stuffing out of this old heart of mine.
furious kitten chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
I love seeing Bella happy on her own and comfortable with being single. I really liked the part at the end about her stopping trying to make things the way they were and focusing on how things are.

Also, side note, I hope that Tanya is not the one that makes Edward light up when she calls.
coxie chapter 4 . 7/10/2010
Oh jeez, I kinda feel bad for Edward now. He must be going through some crazy shit. :(

Man, I'm actually sad that I'm caught up. That means I have to wait for the next update like everyone else. Poo.
coxie chapter 4 . 7/10/2010

coxie chapter 3 . 7/10/2010
Jasp-arrrrr...hahaha.. Piratey thinks always make me laugh for some reason. Lol

Edward is just strange, very hot and cold. I'm doing to know what's going on in his head.
coxie chapter 2 . 7/10/2010
Wow, Edward is a real jackass.

I'm glad Bella has people in her life like Alice and Em.

Hmm, why would Edward suddenly give a crap if she was ok or not.
5,109 | « Prev Page 1 .. 304 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 324 .. Last Next »