Reviews for We Come to Life Beneath the Stars
jermak99 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Hmmm, the plot thickens! I'm DYING to know the deets on Edward. Something is clearly up with him.

I'm thrilled you're adding on more chapters! :)

Anyhooo...this chapter was really good and I can't wait to read more :)

Thanks for updating :)
darcy13 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
There is a gentleness to Bella's thoughts (and your writing) that inspires serenity when one reads her words. Whether happy or sad, her thoughts have this melliflous flow to them.

More clues about Edward's situation...interesting.
k562 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I WANT TO HUG EDWARD. He's so cute. I like the fun, grinning E.

I liked this: "It takes twenty long minutes, two sticks of gum, twenty-six curse words, and three broken pencils before I get everything to add up the right way." I don't know why.

Edward doodling Bella's name and her reaction is lovely. her mom is ughhh. And the part with the light and everything made me smile really big.

I can't decide if 13 or 14 chapters is good or bad. If it ends well and is tied up, I think it will be a good thing. But I'll probably end up liking it and not wanting it to end!
Capricorn75 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Honestly, longer story happier Cap. It was great watching Edward try to navigate his emotions around Bella.
WallaWallaMama chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Nice Edward and Bella bonding over the busted toner? Fantastic. I am longing to know more about the mysterious Tanya...who does he talk to and relax so completely...where does he run off to? I am glad to know we'll have more chapters to find out everything. Loved the closing scene, with Bella content with her own company. Huge step!
JennyPenny1204 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I really don't have a clue what's going on with Edward. Sometimes I wonder if he's trying to hang onto a relationship, but I really don't have a clue yet. I do love watching Bella unfold and bloom again. Her thoughts remind me so much of the last big breakup I had in college before I met my husband. There were days I thought I'd never make it thru another hour and then suddenly, one day, breathing just became easier and a day went by with no tears. Your writing is beautiful and conveys alot of emotion :)
designslacker chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Edward theory...hmmm. He's either getting married and Tanya (bride to be) is a huge bridezilla and making his life hell. OR, he was getting married and she broke it off and is reimbursing him for his share. OR, he's doing a side gig and Tanya is paying him for whatever it is he's doing. Or, very likely none of the above.
kdesign23 chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I like nice Edward! Bella is ready. :)
KrisScott chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
The mystery surrounding Edward is KILLING ME! But I'm loving this story. It's so beautifully written, and I love seeing how Bella progresses as a person now that she's no longer part of a couple. It's a difficult transition, and I think she's handling it very well. And the budding friendship with Edward is lovely. Even if they didn't end up together, I think it's just what they both need - he's too stressed and she's so lonely.

I loathe her mother by the way. I normally like Renee in fics, but you've made her so bitchy that I just hate her (which is the mark of a good writer - someone who can make me feel emotion, rather than just read the words and know what I'm supposed to be feeling).
reesessweetie chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
thirteen or fourteen chapters is GOOD news! The BEST news would be if it never ended! or, make it to twenty chapters... but beggars can't be choosers and i'm sure whatever you have in store for us will be just wonderful. but i'm really truly loving this story and bella and edward and i want this to last as long as possible

i'm looking forward to seeing how bella will crack edward's tough exterior. it seems she's getting through to him a little already and i'm really happy about that. i love the way she used her google knowledge to clean him up...thanks for including that in for us! i loved it!
Buboobear chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
Ugh! What is going on with Edwarrdd? I feel like a petulant child because I want to pout in the corner until I find out. He's so adorable when he's not an ass!
Anne Masen chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I hope you write at least 14 chapters, preferably more! This story is awesome and I really like the characters. I love it when kindness and attention is paid to those who really need it. Looking forward to more.
ColourmeCullen chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I have no theories, I'm just totally along for the ride. I love seeing how things develop and the little details that end up being passed by but end up being crucial in the end. Great writing does that. ;)

Loved the chapter. The whole toner incident was hilarious and I love that Bella knew what to do. I certainly wouldn't have! ;)
caitlexishop chapter 4 . 7/7/2010
I think more chapters are good news. :) And I loved seeing the softer Edward for a few moments. :) And I love how Bella fixed his shirt. Does that really work? So I'm curious as to what role Tanya plays in this and if she's who he talks to... Anyways, thanks for updating! :)
reigny chapter 1 . 7/7/2010
I feel like I should just copy and paste every single line from this chapter under the "MY FAV PARTS" section. You've only started sharing your story with us, yet I already feel so drawn in. There was so much of the first chapter that I could relate to. My heart went out to your Bella.

These really hit hard :

"He lifts my shirt up so his skin is on mine, and I know there was a time when his touch would set my body on fire. Now when he wraps me up, I just feel weighed down and suffocated."

"For some reason it dawns on me that I should want to run up there to see him, and I should be excited to talk to him since I haven't heard his voice for the past couple of days. I think back over the time we've lived here together, and I can't seem to remember the last time I flew up those stairs and into his arms."

"When our anniversary rolled around last month, Jake didn't remember, and I couldn't forget."

Thank you so much for writing this!
5,043 | « Prev Page 1 .. 304 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 324 .. Last Next »