Reviews for We Come to Life Beneath the Stars
robwardsgirl chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
This story is absolutely pitch perfect. You really do such a beautiful job with character development...one of my favorite things about your writing. This chapter was just beautiful.
woodycakes chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
i'm kinda in love with you right now. just saying.

i love the observant way bella sees things and tells this story.

edward still intrigues me like hell especially the mystery caller

also, emmett is love. and so are jaserp/alice. i need more of them. for real. :)

awesome chapter!
devadasi7 chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
well, i've finally caught up enough on my grad classes that i can read this! hooray!

this first chapter was sort of heart fail, but i'm glad that jake is out of the picture right away! that's really bad of me, isn't it? : )
CRob25 chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
I laughed my ass off during the first part of this chapter. The coffee scene was hilarious, and because I have the sense of humor of a 12 year old boy, Edward's comment about Mike getting into poison ivy while taking a dump made me literally lol. So much so that my husband looked at me like I was crazy. ;) I can't wait to read more.
songster chapter 2 . 7/1/2010
Wow, B's Mom is kind of a nightmare. I know she means well, heart's in the right place, etc. But, jeez, give the girl a break. I really want to ask E who peed in his Wheaties. Well, I have a feeling there is more than meets the eye with him especially after that little convo in the elevator. Hmm.
Ironic Twist chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
I'm trying to put together the pieces of Edward's puzzle. Is he just a bundle of neuroses or is there a larger picture out there. He seems OCD and Asperger's-y.
Dazzlepire chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
"I want to dump a rogue packet of Splenda in there to see if his head explodes."

Hahahahaha that was my favorite line :)

Nice chapter!
songster chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
Well, I am a dumb a**. Apparently, I didn't put you on author alert, but due to Twitter I saw this. I am on Twitter but don't get it all, however, in this case, it was quite useful for me. This was a painful chapter. From a completely normal fight with a Mom whose unrealistic expectations cause her daughter to feel that nothing she ever does will be enough to the admission that an old love has disappeared and taking friendship away as well. Lots of life changes here, painful but maybe leading to something positive. Sort of phoenix rising from the ashes possibilities. Great stuff.
ybee chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
I find edward's weirdness to be really darling. Granted, he's kind of a dank and he's not charming enough to be "mysterious" but still, really darling. Love him. Love you. Can't wait for more!
wendy5542 chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
Loved the chapter! Your description of Bella after the breakup with Jake was so well written. It's been a long time since I went through anything like that, but you managed to bring all the emotions back like it was yesterday.

As an accountant, I should be a bit offended by your characterization, but it was fairly accurate so I guess I can't. I also tend to take exact change down to the coffee shop, luckily it's in our building lobby and they take IOUs!

Can't wait for the next chapter!
my1edward chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
I'm getting very intrigued by this story and I can't wait until the campout. I liked these lines a lot-"This is what my life is now. Curbing old instincts and changing what Jake's Bella would do into what Bella's Bella does do. And it's hard. Sometimes it's really, really hard." I also like the juxtaposition of jerky, antisocial Edward with the kind, thoughtful Edward. I had to laugh at the description of his deconstructed sandwich and Bella's other recollection of a strange eater. I do wonder, though, why he reacted the way he did when she pointed it out. (I'm an OCD eater, I have to eat all of one thing before I can eat anything else on my plate.) I wonder why you don't like A/Ns, I usually enjoy them.
cvds chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
Great chapter!
Aurabee chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
Squeezing my heart in here a few times, eh? Thankfully, you always make me smile too. Love your stories!
duramater chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
And so our Bella is getting a little bit braver, and our prick, aka Edward, is softening. Not by much-but it's only a matter of time.

You write heartbreak very well LB. I follow you on twitter, and you crack me up half the time. I'd almost expect you to write stories similar to ...with your snark and sass.

Instead, you write stories that run the gambit of emotion. RiB is one of my faves...and I love Intersection.

I think this story is going to rank up there as well. Like I said, you capture feeling very well. You allow us to understand why B is jealous of Japser and Alice, even though she's never wanted kids. You are a realistic writer. I can't stand how many fics have B getting over her heartbreak in a chapter, maybe two.

Jake was a part of her life for a really long time. She's lived with him, and given him a piece of her heart. It will take a while to stitch up that heart.

And Edward. What's up with him? Who does he talk to every day? An ex, a child, a best friend? And why is he such a grinch. He doesn't want to be a happy person...but it appears that with Bella around, he's starting to have cracks in the facade.

Thanks for writing!
thelittlespoon chapter 3 . 7/1/2010
I like the beginning with the parts of a whole, I loved it, I've felt that way a long time ago, and then I slowly learned to become my own person. I loved the way you're working Bella and Edwards dynamic in. Love it. I"m a little curious as to what is Edwards deal but who isn't?
4,992 | « Prev Page 1 .. 310 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 330 .. Last Next »