Reviews for We Come to Life Beneath the Stars
ChrisDGoosey chapter 3 . 4/22/2019
I’ve read hundreds of twilight fanfics but the coffee shop scene and the staff meeting sandwich dissection from this chapter are two of the most memorable scenes. And Bella is moving forward nicely after her breakup.
ChrisDGoosey chapter 2 . 4/22/2019
I’m sure my daughter was very pleased when I discovered this gem of a story - it’s frightening when you can see yourself in one of the less desirable characters! Another beautifully written chapter.
ChrisDGoosey chapter 1 . 4/22/2019
This story is a real ‘boomerang’ for me. I’m not sure how many times I’ve read it but it’s one of half dozen or so that I come back to at least once a year - and I just absolutely love this first chapter. So heartbreakingly honest and real in so many ways.
Gagika chapter 19 . 2/15/2019
Bella is such a thoughtful girlfriend...the present she gave him is so great...no wonder he was all sentimental...he was given a part from his father
Cina's chapter 3 . 12/12/2018
My heart hurts for Bella. Renee is in la la land.
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 12/2/2018
What a fantastic way to end this story. I’m thrilled that Esme is down to just a cane now. Emmett and Rose's wedding was very nice. Lady of Honor was a nice twist, I love it. I’m so happy she has the job of her dreams and that they are officially living together now. I liked that Alice and Jasper made a final appearance in this chapter. The way you worded it, you could tell that Edward was just as friendly with them as Bella is. They accepted him right into their fold. Absolutely loved their talk under their Park tree. Her telling the story of the tree where they would camp. Edward’s proposal was wonderful. I’m so glad that they still had his grandmother’s ring. That it was not sacrificed for bills. What a perfect ring for Edward to give her. Such beautiful sentimentality. I’ve truly enjoyed my journey here. Thank you for sharing your imagination with us here. ~Christy
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 12/2/2018
Another really good bit of progress for her and her mother in this chapter. Very happy that Esme was walking. What an amazing accomplishment that was. I really like how Bella and Edward had stayed together every night at his place before Esme came home. Then Esme asked her to staywhen she went to leave one night and that was perfect. I was awed by what Emmett and Bella did for Edward in getting that drywall piece out of the old house. Bella framing it too. What a beautiful thing she did for him. Her possibly getting that job with Alice's work is a great thing. It’s what she learned to do. I like that it is so close to her old work so that they can ride into and back from work together. Having the possibility to have lunch together. Plus, she’d be able to lunch with Alice as well somedays. Interesting that her own apartment didn’t feel like home anymore. I think she'll be making a permanent move soon.
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 12/1/2018
I’m so happy that Edward switched roles with Bella on their drive up to Forks. He took on the optimistic role, while she fell into the negative. He made me laugh when he said they’d be back to normal when they returned back down to Seattle. I absolutely adored how Edward talked to Renee at dinner. I am thinking Charlie did too. Edward was so good there. So good. Renee coming to Bella’s room was surprising. I am shocked that they have managed to keep her from getting her horrible comments in this trip. That Bella was so very strong this time, and handled every attempt at a jab, with an answer that placated. At least for now anyways. Love that Charlie took Edward out fishing. I hope they bonded well.
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 12/1/2018
Hmmm, since we are in Bella's head, I’m just as confused over Renee’s visit as she is. Emmett shouldn’t have told his mom about Edward. And, if he couldn’t keep his mouth shut about him bein Bella’s boyfriend, he definitely had no right to tell him about losing his home. I know he means well but, he doesn’t know the whole story, as Bella has not told him the whole part. Only pieces of it. Then, Renee’s words were strange. I didn’t like that she did not return Bella’s sentiment when she was leaving. Edward comforting Bella, on his porch swing no less, was wonderful. He knew exactly what to say to her. I had a feeling he’d have the stars on his ceiling. I grew up with some friends that had those and thought it’d be perfect for his childhood room. Their first time was absolutely perfect. I loved the part of them breathing in the other. I love when that’s written into the stories like these. I also loved that once they started, they couldn’t stop until they’d done it a few more times. I loved his waking her up to go out on that cot. I’m so sad for him losing his childhood home. Yet, I’m happy for Esme to get away from those memories. Really good chapter.
Guest chapter 2 . 11/29/2018
ChristyWIX: WOW, Renee just doesn’t know her daughter at all. Calling her and telling her to take Jake back because he’s lonely, is ridiculous. Poor Bella. Garret was nice and I hope he stays that way as the story progresses. He seemed really observant by noticing something was definitely off with her and inquiring about it. Seemed like a very nice boss. Edward was a prick. Just demanding things of her. Did he have someone in mind foor Bella’s position and they didn’t get it because of her? That’ll make an office uncomfortable right from the start if that is the case. Alice was wonderful. I love that you’ve written her bubbly personality but, avoided her being pushy. I like an effervescent non-pushy Alice. Surprised by Edward asking Bella if she was okay. Didn’t expect that at all. When Bella out the Mariners game on, I thought to myself, that isn’t going to help her get over Jake. It will inhibit. Then she realized that herself and it Made me smile. ChristyWIX
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 12/1/2018
Wow, his house sounded incredible. It is sad that they had to lose it but, I think it they are going to be okay. My mom has always had a thing for Wedgwood settings. A full set of sixteen settings may be worth more because of the amount of settings. Not merely because they are Wedgwood. If Carlisle gave Esme those figurines through the years, she may not want to part with them. If they were just novelties, on a much more expensive side, she may be more willing to. Especially if it can help them financially. She may want to mention those to Edward as well. His mom and Edward won’t ever be able to use all of that furniture with how they’ve downsized, and should take that into consideration as well. Storing can be really expensive. If Esme hadn’t been innthat accident, she probably would’ve been selling some of that anyway. My mom recently downsized because the house was just too darn big for just her. Even with us visiting. She went nuts selling quite a few of the various rooms stuff. She is so much happier in, what she nicknamed her 'tiny' house, which is still a two bedroom two bath full on house. It’s good to downsize sometimes. That I love you, so randomly placed, from Edward was powerful. I loved it so much for because of how it came out of the blue like that. Then his follow up words were so beautiful. I love how she reacted by throwing herself onto him and kissing him all over. Her words were really perfect, too. Emmett and Edward bonding was wonderful. They seemed to fit right into a friendship. Him telling Bella later that she found her Expedition was everything. Why is Renee there? I hope she’s grown up and had some therapy. Bella is finally finding her true self and making great strides. She miisses her mom but, she misses the one from her youth, not the one she is now.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 12/1/2018
I liked that you had your Bella not the accident pronenormalcy of the fandom. That yours outgrew it and that this was her very first time inside a hospital. That you clarified it with her having been to the ER department but, not inside the actual hospital. I really loved meeting his mom, Esme. She was wonderful. I rather liked that she and Bella got some time together. The photographs were a nice touch. A way to bring forth conversation and insight for the reader. A happy Edward was wonderful too. Sure sounds like quite a big home his family has. It is probably for the best that they did sell it. His mom would be better off in a single level home too. I’m hoping the apartment he did get will allow for her getting better and not hindering because of stairs. I’m so glad his mom liked Bella. Seemed to anyway.
Guest chapter 1 . 11/29/2018
ChristyWIX: It is only the first chapter but, I fear Renee is living vicariously through Bella. Bella choosing her own path, one away from a lecherous co-worker, is her right to do. Her mother being angry about it was really strange. Renee really overreacted and that was odd. Charlie merely looking at Bella and her instantly saying she would apologize, when her mother was in the wrong, tells me Charlie enables Renee to be this way. He may be Switzerland in Bella's eyes but, he is clearly on Renee's side, as it was plain as day to me. The Jake/Bella part was sad. I was there once. I met and loved my ex-fiance for over three years and simply fell out of love with him. Through no fault of his own. I just grew up and out of love with him. We started dating when I was seventeen and he a year older. I broke off the engagement and two years later found the love of my life. We've been together since 1990 and I still get butterflies in my tummy for him. The passion is still very much there too. We laugh all the time and to this day, have never had a fight. Fairy tale happiness is real. You popped to the top of my TBR list today and here I am, embarking on this journey you've crated. ChristyWIX
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 12/1/2018
When people say that marriage is hard, my husband and I look at each other and share a special smile. Work happens, health happens, life happens all around a marriage. The one thing that has been the easiest for him and me, is our marriage. Never in the near twenty-nine years together have we fought. People think that’s unbelievable, unless they know us. We got so very lucky with each other. Fairy tale lucky. We know it and have never taken advantage of that happiness. I liked Charlie’s visit, until he tried to get Bella to see what Renee was doing isn’t wrong. I don’t understand how both Bella and Emmett can see what Renee is doing. Has done. Yet Charlie cannot. I love the progress these two are making. He is not running nearly as much anymore. And, when he does, he’s calling or coming by sooner. I really liked that Emmett offered to help Edward with moving. That will be a hard day for them. I love that he wants her to meet his mom. That’s really good. Too bad Charlie didn’t get a chance to meet Edward when he was there. Before that wedding it would be better to have Charlie meet him. But, I don’t think that will be the case.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 12/1/2018
That was not fair of Edward’s mother to do that to them. All done with love though. She should’ve been truthful with Edward that there wasn’t a college fund. He may have chosen a different, far less expensive school to eventually drop out of. It would’ve been better if she sold the home while Edward was away at Dartmouth. Him coming home for a holiday to this would’ve made for sadness and some anger on his part but, not the debt they are both firmly ensconced in at the moment. Medical debt is awful and I’ve seen people suffer through that. It makes me wonder if moving them out of Seattle would be much cheaper. Although, Seattle isn’t very expensive to live. Maybe Alice, Jasper, Emmett and Rosalie know of someone that does PT and can get them on the side to help his mom? A two-bedroom apartment will be far cheaper than a house. Plus, lots of people work from home and maybe his mom can get hired on doing something and work from home. Again, maybe Alice, Jasper, Emmett of Rosalie know of someplace that is hiring. Eventually, Bella and Edward would want to live together and I could not see Bella not wanting to help with athird salary in one household. I think Edward and his mom will be fine, with time.
5,220 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 .. Last Next »