Reviews for We Come to Life Beneath the Stars
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 12/1/2018
Whew, tough one to read. The lightness at the beginning of the chapter was yummy. They are going to be so great together, once they figure it all out. He conversation with her mom went so good in my eyes. She spoke to her calmly and explained it all to her. I thought she couldn’t possibly still hold Bella at fault for enything after the words she spoke. Yet, the woman just didn’t hear Bella at all. It is so very sad to me, that her mom can’t see what she’s doing to Bella. She needs a therapist, badly. It would go a very long way to healing her brain enough to see what an amazing daughter she has. I knew Bella wouldn’t find Edward cheating when she came home early. What she found was not surprising to me either. They really needed that conversation that happened in the park. She was just letting him only tell her the basics of his life, and barely much of that at all. It needed to be pointed out to him that he was hiding from her. I’m glad she did. He was so quick to anger over all of it too. That’s not a good thing at all. I do hope that Tanya yelled at him and explained to him that he can’t have a healthy relationship without giving her all of him. These little nuggets, are not a good foundation to build on. I’m so glad he came to her place to talk to her.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 12/1/2018
Holy hell, this whole chapter was fantastic. The way you write, is so very good. The way you have the reader captivated and wanting. The almost poetic styling in some parts. She was so excited to get there and see him. I loved that she finally put together that his finances aren’t the best. Her first thought? To make him enough food to take home with him. So sweet of her. And, did he ever love her food. The stories they shared with each other were perfect little bits of themselves. Letting each other know part of how they came to be who they are now. Glad that she shared Jake with him. Was happy to learn my theory of him being left at the alter with the costs of it firmly on his shoulders, was way off. He was, however, engaged. He seemed to have fallen out of love with her, just like Bella did. Boy oh boy oh boy, did you deliver on their first kiss. That was perfect. So cute that he pulled the cooler over for her to stand on. My husband is a full foot taller than me so, I understand the standing on something to reach better. That kiss of theirs was brilliant. So very good. So fun how they toppled over from her falling off the cooler. Just a very fun chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 9 . 11/30/2018
That’s a very bad cold she’s got. I had a feeling that either he or Alice would stop by to take care of her. I’m glad you went with Edward. I’m even more glad she had money to give him,as I’m still concerned about his finances. I wonder if he does live out of his car. With his comment about not having far to go. I hope it isn’t that bad for him. Never thought of college debt on top of all the other imaginary debt I’ve cooked up in my imagination for him. He could just be very frugal, as I’ve mentioned once before. He did such a great job of taking care of her. All the meds and the soup. I’m so glad he was able to open up about his dad. That is very tragic and sad. His poor mom was a wreck. Bella was so wanting to stay awake for him, yet needed the sleep so very badly. Very good chapter.
ChristyWIX chapter 8 . 11/30/2018
I laughed so hard when Bella licked her thumb and made a print on Emmett's shiny Jeep. Too effing funny. Their relationship is really great. I did like that his shenanigans got him in trouble with Rosalie. Being late, on purpose, just so they'd fight. She has to know he does that on purpose. Bella telling her to give him hell was great. Somehow, not very shocked that Edward was there auditioning. I figured Edward thought that Emmett was her boyfriend, not her brother. I am glad they cleared that all up super quick. I am thinking Edward is rather in awe of Bella. It seems that way. I like that they walked together and then the park together. All of it was so wonderful. Hopefully, he will open up more to her. Soon, I hope. Wonder why he didn't ask to walk her home in lieu of driving behind her the whole time. Fun banter again.
ChristyWIX chapter 7 . 11/30/2018
Poor Jessica, getting hit with the ball and getting a black eye from it. That sucks. Then both Edward and Shelley got sick. Again, that sucks. I loved the donut and the following emails. Very fun banter. Literally laughed out loud a few times. Alice and her mini-freak-out. The poor woman is scared that she is going to suck as a mom. I really liked the way Bella got her feeling better. Maybe Alice should join a cooking class or two, while she is pregnant? Or, hire a service to get her and Jasper home cooked meals delivered to their home. It was very kind of Edward to bring Bella home. His no longer being in the nicer car and now in a dilapidated Volvo lends more credo to his fully paying for a wedding that did not happen. I am curious to what happened to him. Or, maybe nothing happened to him and he just has no money to spare.
ChristyWIX chapter 6 . 11/29/2018
Happy claps! They’ve made progress. Although, there have been times where we got a glimpse of potential and he reared his Mr. Hyde the next time they met up at work. It very much seemed that Edward tattled on Bella but, I knew she was just overreacting due to years of dealing with Renee. Very glad to learn he didn’t tattle. I liked that she helped the guys with their tent. You totally have me craving s'mores now. Luckily, I’ll be in Disney World next week and will have access to some. I really liked his talking about Cygnus. Then alluding to their own conflict. Great conversation between them. They actually laughed and had fun. Good to learn he ditched the Blackberry. I guess he’s been waiting around for little nuggets from Tanya. That must be what you mean when saying he is desperately holding onto his past. It seems that Emmett and Edward would get along really rather well, with how much Edward liked how Emmett terrorized Bella. He couldn’t help but laugh at Emmett’s antics.
ChristyWIX chapter 5 . 11/29/2018
Woo-Hoo! Bella found her backbone and finally stood up against that horrible mother of hers. I’m so glad that Charlie finally stood up for her as well. Well, I don’t know if he really did, just that they fought. I knew Renee was projecting what she wanted Bella to do, to live vicariously through her. She needs serious therapy. It was wonderful that Emmett was there to warn Bella of Jake being there. It was wonderful to learn that Jake didn’t want to be there when he found out what was happening. I loved their conversation and them having that bit of closure they needed to have. It was a very good thing for them both. When I said she needed to let Edward know he made a mistake, I wasn’t kidding. Turns out he was fucking up left and right. I loved that she exploded all over him. That he ran crashing into her and started yelling at her, when it was him being all wrong. She was brilliant in her telling him off. I think she got through to him.
ChristyWIX chapter 4 . 11/29/2018
It’s been many years since I’ve had to fight with one of those large copiers in an office, as I work from home. I don’t miss it at all. Fascinating remedy to cleaning his shirt off. I did not know that. It made him smile and actually thank her. Now you’ve got me thinking Tanya left him at the alter and he’d paid out a lot of money for their wedding. It was the check from her that made it seem they are trying to get things paid down. At least she’s helping him out. Or, he’s arguing with her daily to get more money from her to do so. In time, you will let the reader know. Bella helping him out was nice. However, she definitely should’ve mentioned the error in his formula so he knows of it. What if he was equally distracted on another of his projects? Doesn’t seem like he can afford to lose his job right now. She needs to let him know of it. Renee struck again. Not looking forward to Emmett and Rosalie’s party, as I’m sure Renee has invited Jake, not knowing when to step out of her daughters life. Too bad Jake won’t tell them it was mutual, once Bella made the suggestion. Even if Jake isn’t there, Renee will still get after Bella somehow. Your Jessica is fun. I like that she’s nice.
ChristyWIX chapter 3 . 11/29/2018
Edward has some quirks going on within himself, yikes. The whole not acknowledging her in the coffee line. Then not thanking her for the coffee. With your summary, I’m thinking he’s divorced and paying alimony and that has him broke. Then I think differently and think there is a sick one at home and that’s costing him the money and getting the daily phone call. Then I wonder if is just him being an accountant and has a hard time spending money frivolously. Definitely chose the right wording for Bella to use. He’s a puzzle, that one. I really like your Alice, Jasper and Emmett. I loved Emmett’s analogy to help settle Bella’s thoughts. He’s a really good brother. Felt bad for Bella in her closet, when she found the momento of their youth. Sometimes you just need that final breakdown to let it all out and she found that in that bracelet.
cuteascherries chapter 19 . 10/31/2018
: )
KoverKat08 chapter 19 . 10/31/2018
What a lovely story. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
dreerocha17 chapter 19 . 10/11/2018
Thank you for writing this. I related to it a lot. And I loved it.
EdwardsFirstKiss chapter 19 . 9/23/2018
What a great story!
Vanessa chapter 19 . 9/18/2018
This was SOOO GOOD! Thank you for sharing your gifts with us. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you! The expertly written relationship with her mum! I don’t think you realise how much I needed to read that. Thank you!
MsLiss chapter 10 . 9/14/2018