Reviews for The Time Capsule
Joel-Gomes chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
It has been a while since the last time I decided to sit down on the couch and watch Seinfeld for hours straight. It has been even longer since the last time I've read the kind of fanfiction that had the gift to bring the show back to my life in my mind. As I read your story, I had no trouble imagining the scenarios, the situations, the dialogues and the colliding plot-lines converging, all coming to life.

I won't say that your script is perfect, but it showed great potential and very solid knowledge of the show and its characters.

One final note, regarding the stand-up bits: they got better by the bit. My sole experience as a stand-up comedian is only as a listener and a watcher. I watched a lot, I heard lot and, for a while, I wrote a lot. I never performed. But I know it's hard. Some people make it look easy, but it's only easy after the massive work they have preparing the material.

A long time ago, when I wrote a couple of Seinfeld fics (an attempt at a possible virtual season 10 that only lasted for 9 episodes, plus one unpublished) I used the same structure you did - three bits, at beginning, middle and end. Like I said at the beginning, it has been a while since I've done a Seinfeld marathon, since I read a good fanfic and even longer since I've read my own stuff. At the time, I thought I was doing a great job with those bits, almost emulating Mr. Seinfeld himself, but you managed to prove me wrong by comparison.

I hate you now. Have a nice weekend.
Steve61 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
The word 'spy' wasn't used correctly. I meant that he was watching his girlfriend from a safe distance, waiting for her to leave the cosmetics department. He'd already embarrassed himself enough in it that he wanted to watch her until she left and then he'd go back with her. Instead he was still waiting for her to leave even after 20 minutes.
The salesman was always in the department selling binculars and cameras and noticed Jerry watching another customer. He works there and expected Jerry to buy something- it's not confusing.
I don't understand what you mean by '1-3 references every 2 - 3 episodes'. What does that mean?
And maybe you should read ALL of a story if you want to review it, not just 'most'. Sometimes answers to questions are answered in the last couple of paragraphs in some stories. Obviously an episode would be confusing if you watched it only up until the 20 minute mark and not all the way to the credits. Same thing here.
MarioMan67 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I read most of it. The jerry-with-girlfriend plot was confusing though. Why would Jerry spy on his girlfriend? There were more parts that confused me in that plot: After the spying part, how did the salesman notice Jerry? There's also the same problem with the references that I mentioned in my ''Tag, you're it'' review: even though this was written 2 years ago. Seinfeld had at least 1-3 references every 2-3 episodes. I haven't read your other stories in full yet. But, I will soon.
Zxcsdrgbji chapter 1 . 8/15/2011
I loved this, this could have been an awesome episode, I can SO picture this happening. You, my friend, are awesome indeed. *skips off and favorites*

Cheers,

Artemis Vandelay
Steve61 chapter 1 . 7/30/2011
Thanks for reading my story!

Hope you also want to check out my 'Seinfeld' / 'Corner Gas' coross-over, "Invasion Of The Jerks From Wullerton".
iloveromance chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
Hilarious story and I loved the way you wrote Steinbrenner so well! Even included Lou Pinella! Very cool!
MyMysteryLAMB chapter 1 . 10/22/2010
Another great job! I love these Seinfeld fics, keep them up! They are so true to the show.
CassieFabray chapter 1 . 8/16/2010
Woah... you're really talented! I'm stunned! Good writing. Ever considered working as a screen writer?