Reviews for Apodyopsis
KatieLyn chapter 1 . 1/13
It's funny, because this story was written in 2010. I'm reading it now in 2017 after getting an Amazon Echo Dot for Christmas. The Dot is one among a handful of voice activated terminals connected to cloud computing that can answer questions, do some mathematical calculations and provide dictionary definitions for words among many other informational services. The Dot speaks via the AI identity Alexa. Of course that doesn't mean that the device always hears me correctly. Anyway, it's funny to have this perspective of Jim's problem in 2017 vs 2010 when the story was written. Now many of us have gotten used to talking to AI already. I've had Siri on my iPhone for a few years now and she does many of the same things Alexa does.

So I kept wondering why Jim didn't just ask the ship's computer. I loved that despite all the amazing technology, he simply had a good old fashioned brain fart!
Sin of the Fallen chapter 1 . 3/21/2013
Haha! Poor Spock! Should've known better than to try a obscure word though. It ruins the pick up line when the pick up-é has no idea what you're going on about.
Doni chapter 1 . 5/16/2011
Very nice.
JayJay133 chapter 1 . 8/14/2010
So Jim learned a new word and got a hot boyfriend, all in one. Good for him!

Great story!
OtherwiseTheDarkness chapter 1 . 6/28/2010
GAH THIS IS ADORABLE! I'm in love! That line about Spock's toes curling, hidden in his boots(!) is quite possibly the most amazing fanfiction line i've ever read! GOD THIS WAS CUTE! I've never heard of that word before but it's awesome. wow this fic just made my day!

LOVE!
0mohni0 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Awwww, that was so freaking adorable. :D

I really liked the way the story flowed with a good pace, even when nothing was happening. Good job!
MirrorFlower and DarkWind chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
hahhaah awsome i loved it so much just great
animeragon chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
*raises eyebrow* No slash?
Francesca Monterone chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
*LOL* Whereever did you find that word? I love this story, I'll immediately add it to my growing list of favorites...
dreamgoddess'92 chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
ha ha ha Anila!

I actually had to look up apodyopsis until I saw the post on Tumblr about it. I loved this story: It made me giggle. xD

-Libby
Kikachubachan chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Ha! That was really funny! I actually looked up they word as soon as it was said, so I'm not sure if it's funnier when you know what it means, or if you didn't know until you finished it. Ah well. Great story! d( )b