Reviews for Death, Sex and New York
JuSaYes chapter 6 . 8/29/2012
this is seriously amazing, honestly, the dialogue is 100% accurate & realistic. It reads like a real script for STC. You've got all the characters & the way they talk spot on! please continue this story, it's fantastic. You're a very talented writer, & this is a very underrated story (pity not many people read STC fanfics)
latisha.johnson chapter 1 . 7/17/2012
This piece made me incredibly sad. But the characters were very believable especially with their phrases and choice of words. I'd hate for Samantha to die...but good piece nonetheless. Thanks!
twila chapter 1 . 6/29/2011
when you are writting stories can you take about sex,rape and murder because that what poeple like to read about mostly me.

i LOVE your stories 3 !
diva sweeting chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
please add some more to this
Sonia chapter 6 . 3/14/2011
I am really liking the powerful imagery in this chapter in terms of the empty space being between Carrie and Miranda (almost as if they are still subconsciously expecting Samantha to show up) and the awkward "yes-no-this is/isn't taken" dialogue. Your use of the coffee shop as one of the few "memory free" zones in Manhattan is good and I wonder if revisiting this in a subsequent chapter could be interesting in terms of the girls going to a place that does have memories and harking back to this coffee shop visit.

I also hope you will allow further exploration of how Miranda fears she will turn into her old self and how it may link back into the grieving process for Samantha in subsequent chapters. You started something with it in this chapter but I don't think the idea quite got the room to grow in this chapter.

Your approach to this story as a series of vignettes is still holding up excellently well. Are you going to explore the Smith/Big connection more? Also, it would be interesting to see what the characters make of the "going about my everyday business but some random event/object (ie seeing a red Hermes Birkin bag) would have on the character and their interpretation of where they are in terms of the grieving process.

Bring on Chapter 7!
Jessy chapter 6 . 3/6/2011
Nice, but would like to see more of Carrie and Big relationship... Their intimate time spent together, their talks, how they open up to each other...
lashlaruey chapter 5 . 11/17/2010
Sonia, that was such an eloquent review. Thank you.

I'm glad somebody 'gets' the story. That's exactly what I'm aiming for. There's not going to be a story line per se so I apologize if people are getting bored with this style, the basis of the story is basically "a week in the life of..." Not that there isn't going to be conflict or anything happening, you can see (or read) the repossessions of Samantha's death are having on the characters and how it's affecting their lives, and big things will arise from that. It's just not going to be DRAMA DRAMA DRAMA in a soap-opera fashion.

Originally I was going to end the story shortly after the initial pain is eventually released, meaning the characters have resolved their issues and are ready to face a future with just the three of them, but your comment is interesting. It'll be something I think about when I'm coming to the end of the story.

Anyway, for anyone still alive out there I haven't forgotten about the story. I've began writing chapter 6 and, if anyone's interested, it's going to be a flashback of Samantha planning her funeral. Hope you're all still interested in the story!
SATC-FAN chapter 5 . 8/30/2010
Will anybody update this story? Being tired to wait for the new chapter :D
SATC chapter 5 . 7/29/2010
You can stop reviewing, as looks like authors do not read reviews and do not hear us.
Sonia chapter 5 . 7/28/2010
I admire where you are going with this. You have kept the balance between the characters traits, sentiment and the stages of grieving that occurs after losing someone you love to a terminal illness. By that, I mean the initial sense of calm that they are free of the pain and the treatments then the more widely documented stages of grieving kicking in.

Bonus points for opening a link between Big and Smith. I want to see more of how you develop this as based on the characters series personas, this could be possible.

While I am not sure where you are planning to go with this, have you given some consideration to the longer term implications of Samantha's death months and even years after her passing? Merely some food for thought.
Fan chapter 5 . 7/21/2010
Will anybody update the stories in here OR the right words were told by someone - "once you start you never finish"? So please just let you fan's know, if there is a chance to wait for something or we are staying like fools checking for updates each day?
Stephie chapter 5 . 7/19/2010
Interesting as still you do not understand what is going to happen next.
critics chapter 5 . 7/12/2010
everything was ok until the lasdt chapter that is quite boring... better change the line or the story will get boring
Anna chapter 4 . 7/8/2010
Last review is quite strict, so please be patient to author. We all can't wait for the new chapter, so just need to wait a little. But there is reallu a question to author - when do you plan to update the story, as really you promised on 30/06/2010 to do it in a day after tommorow, so according to my counting this day after tommorow had to be on the 2nd of July, while it is 8th of July already. Can't wait to see what happens to Big and Carrie.
Tyhlsonet chapter 4 . 7/6/2010
Looks like day after tomorrow is equal to a week...