Reviews for West of the Moon, East of the Sun
Gingerfic chapter 58 . 1/13/2021
Thank you for the warnings. This one was heavy.
Gingerfic chapter 56 . 1/13/2021
Thoroughly enjoying Spikes history. It’s clear you’ve put a lot of work into this and it shows. This is awesome. I have thing I should be doing today but I can’t put this down.
10 years later chapter 76 . 1/13/2021
I’ve never been much for fanfic. It’s either been tedious or just non sensical. I’m aware that I am reading this 10/11 years after it was originally written. Somehow I can imagine if I was reading it in release date order and waiting for posts, it would be similar to how I felt about GOT (obviously not s8)
This was amazing though. Mostly when I rewatch S5 now I’m going to be disappointed this wasn’t the story line.
I liked Glory. But, f**k me I hated Dawn. Still do. Even now. The on,y thing worse than her is the potentials in S7. Specifically Kennedy. And Rona. Hated them.
The thought in this was amazing. Giving Spike his say. Showing people that Angel was boring (he’s worse than XanderJ A

Just. Fantastic.
I read it in 24 hours.
Well done.
Gingerfic chapter 53 . 1/13/2021
I like how you’ve shaped the story. Angel as the accident (good riddance) and Spike as the Knight. Yes yes yes!
Gingerfic chapter 36 . 1/12/2021
Spike’s journal is a gift. I am thoroughly enjoying this. I keep meaning to leave comments but then I’m so excited to get on to the next chapter that I click “next” before I remember to comment.
Gingerfic chapter 23 . 1/11/2021
I don’t know if you still read these comments a decade later. But. If you do. The dance scene made me all keysmashy and I’m picturing it in my head and SO WISHING I COULD ACTUALLY SEE IT SO I COULD WATCH IT OVER AND OVER.
*sigh*
Gingerfic chapter 18 . 1/11/2021
Scandinavian me is very pleased at the Scandinavian thematic developments. And how nicely they fit into canon. (Even though I sorta guessed they would be there because of the title...you never know with fic)
Gingerfic chapter 15 . 1/11/2021
This chapter was an absolute delight! I love that she’s learning to fight invisible, and use her senses more. I love that she accidentally told Spike he looked good in blue, and that the soft black shirt was too sexy (cuz it was!) And Anya is so so accurate. Sex raises body temperature. Participating in capitalist materialism. Check, check, check!
Franky chapter 62 . 12/28/2020
I don't know if you'll ever see this since this fic was posted like 10 years ago, but I just want you to know that this is the third time I've read this, and Spike being terrified of Pooh Bear gets me every time.
lalibsidmnfmdm chapter 76 . 12/11/2020
I loved the story, really great. It was wonderful to read
Anonymous chapter 76 . 12/10/2020
I know I am a decade late to review this story, and I have no clue if you're even still active on this website, but let me just say, wow. I am completely blown away by this story. I came looking for copper and I found gold. This is the most impressive work of fanfiction I have ever read. Everything was thoroughly planned and well thought out. The character interactions and dialogue felt completely authentic, and the relationship between Buffy/Spike felt extremely well deserved, like the characters (and the author haha) had really put the work in. The ending left me feeling completely satisfied, like the story had come full circle, all loose ends were tied up, and the "happily ever after" was thoroughly earned. I actually sighed when I finished it, sorry that the journey was over, and the first thing I did was go back to chapter one and start reading it again. I can't remember the last time I felt that way about ANY book, never mind about fanfiction. This story goes beyond just good fanfiction- I wish I finished reading novels and felt half as satisfied as I did when I finished reading this. I would absolutely love to read any original work that you publish. Thank you for taking the time to create and post this excellent story- this is one that will stick with me for a while.
Sophie chapter 76 . 12/6/2020
This was such a beautiful read. The best fanfic I’ve ever experienced, thank you so much. It was so well written and so rewarding. Perfect.
ararsh chapter 76 . 11/6/2020
Okay this was a first class read. Thank you so much for this!
Nusuki Kisuuke chapter 25 . 11/5/2020
I had the same reaction as the girls when Xander said "Or maybe you could just be Buffy, he'll see your amazing heart and he'll fall in love with you," in response to Buffy.
Erin Hansen Brown chapter 76 . 10/21/2020
I know it's 10 years later but I just have to say that everything that happened in this is exactly how I wanted it to happen. Thank you so much for sharing. You are an amazing writer and I hope you realize how perfectly you captured everything about each character. Thank you! I'm obsessed with this story.
1,866 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »