Reviews for Fire Eater
Basched chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
What do I say? What do I put down about this excellent piece of writing?

The way you put across their emotions and feelings, using the fire metaphor was amazing, I could understand more of their pain when it was expressed like that and it felt right that Ellie would go to him to have help in dousing those flames.

Fire eaters together. are just amazing with your work. Love it!

Congrats on another wonderful story!
Kimmy chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I like how the 'fire eater' metaphor came into play. Nice bit of emotional bonding without making Casey overly touchy feely, or Ellie a total train wreck.

The Hawk and the Dove, aka the Colonel and the Doctor, they are a sweet combo.
KuryakinGirl chapter 1 . 6/17/2010

*contented sigh*

Full of such agony and angst and yet so incredibly beautiful. The imagery here is beyond perfect.

I especially love how there's an understanding between them, where she doesn't have to make up some excuse anymore, he just lets her in and takes care of her quietly, as only he can, because he knows exactly what she's going through.

You broke my heart and made it sing all at the same time with the line about Casey's emotions. I really don't think that the others fully understand him. While they're certainly friends and they're close and they respect each other and are loyal to each other, there's still a lot about our favorite Colonel that would definitely surprise and stun the rest of the team.

I'm so glad you let Ellie see it, into his heart, just as clearly as she sees into his.

Cannot say enough about this, B. I'm just in awe.