Reviews for Distorted Soul
deleted9 chapter 21 . 4/2/2012
Great song choices!
Uncommon Pen chapter 20 . 5/16/2011
Poor, poor Bob. Poor, poor Laura. I hate what happened to them, yet I loved the way you brought it into picture. Your story was amazing with its details and emotions, the raw feelings that shone out from your words... The hatred and venom melting gradually into adoration and love... Awesome. Just awesome. I loved it!
Uncommon Pen chapter 19 . 5/16/2011
I cried a little when I read this the first time. Such passion between them... But then when they finally realize that they love each other, it's too late. :(
Uncommon Pen chapter 18 . 5/16/2011
It's just so sad... Bob is just so miserable yet he's still happy that he let Laura go. I can really feel his sadness. Great chapter, girl.
deleted9 chapter 20 . 5/8/2011
Okay...well definitely didn't expect that either. That was...really really depressing. So fitting and perfect, but super depressing. I honestly couldn't see you ending that any other way, but it also made me cry a little lol. Anyway, wonderful job with this! Simply beautiful!
deleted9 chapter 19 . 5/8/2011
Aww, she's such a sweet person. To go back and check on him to make sure he's alright...guess who can't help who you fall in love with. Definitely didn't see her getting grabbed like that. I hope that guy gets what's coming for him, the jerk. Great chapter!
deleted9 chapter 18 . 2/26/2011
Wow, what an intense chapter...I feel so bad for him, but at the same time...I mean, it feels like he also had it coming. I love that he loves her, and that he realizes that it was better to let her go and stay and face the music. Public whipping, though...harsh. You wrote that scene very well. Great chapter!
deleted9 chapter 17 . 2/19/2011
The emotions that have to be going through her are so complex...guilt, betrayal, sympathy...stirrings of love...or something like it. Or at least she likes him...and then you have to consider the fact he's basically holding her hostage. That's a rough situation...and then to be suddenly let go while he sobs..I'm not sure which one I'd rather have. Both I don't know how I would deal with. You wrote it brilliantly, though, as always!
Uncommon Pen chapter 17 . 1/20/2011
That was amazing. I could really feel her confusion and guilt and pain, along with his. Just amazing, lex. And so sad...
stndabvthcrwd1 chapter 12 . 1/9/2011
I love how you conveyed Charley and Bob. Just as they were in the film, really. Charley always seemed to be trying to take care of Bob, but Bob would never cooperate. And Bob's crazed-sounding determination to keep Laura with him...very good.
stndabvthcrwd1 chapter 9 . 1/9/2011
This chapter was a great example of why I think(and I mean this in no way to be offensive) that your descriptions are the best part of this story. They're very thorough and imaginative, and really paint the picture. You make Bob sweet and adoring and charming, but we still know there's something off about him, underneath it all...
stndabvthcrwd1 chapter 16 . 1/6/2011
Loved the Phantom lyrics thrown in, especially "In his eyes, all the sadness of the world. Those pleading eyes, that both threaten and adore". That's always been one of my favourite lines, and worked really well with Robert. It was a good, believable idea to morph his crazy obsessiveness into a Phantom of the Opera-esque adoration of Jesse's sister, and I really liked it.
stndabvthcrwd1 chapter 5 . 1/6/2011
I'm really liking this so far. You've captured Robert wonderfully - his slightly creepy obsession that he used to have with Jesse has now been transported to Laura, and now that he's killed Jesse, he doesn't feel like there's anything going to keep him from getting the next thing he wants, which is Laura. Or at least, that's how I see it lol.

And that dream...Phantom of the Opera, hm? lol. Always thought that part was the perfect balance of sweet and creepy. Works perfectly here.
ObsessedwithBirds chapter 6 . 12/29/2010