Reviews for Loyalty
RedJam chapter 1 . 9/12/2011
That was quite cute 3 I do believe that I started falling in love with this pairing after I saw that clip where she says hello to him on the animated batman and he's like RAWRRAWR*crush/crush* Oh hello my dear _ just taking over the world again/RAWRRAWR
E. S. Young chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Yay! I finally have time to review some stuff! And even if I didn't, I'd have still made time to comment on this story because there's just so much to love about it. Seriously, I squeed more times that I could count while reading this.

First off, the fact that they're having this relatively normal conversation while Jonathan is slicing into a human corpse thoroughly amuses me. Death and dismemberment are just another part of everyday life, yet they could have just as easily done this over coffee or something. :P

Liked that Pammy was mentioned as being a doctor since that seems to be canon, even though I've seen her addressed both with and without the title in the comics and fanfiction. Also liked how Jonny described the Joker's behavior as a temper tantrum. It's both funny and accurate. My impression of J, especially in Nolanverse, is that he's definitely not insane, but very much like a spoiled and immoral little kid who's watched too man violent movies and is used to getting his own way. There's more to him than that, of course, but if you want a really simplified description...

"If you really loved me, you'd say something comforting." - soo glad that you addressed this. I don't know about you, but sometimes when I'm writing these two, there will be instances where I really want Jonathan to comfort Harley, probably because it's both cute and it seems like the natural thing that a friend would do. But then it's like, "No. He's Jonathan. Jonathan doesn't comfort." I think it's partially because, as your Crane says, coddling her would only make matters worse in the long run because she wouldn't learn anything from that. Plus, I doubt that Jon really knows HOW to comfort someone, even in a rare instance where he feels like he should, it'd probably be like "Oh. She's crying because her dog died. ...I should... Should I, like, hug her or something? ...shit, what do I do? *hovers awkwardly*" Poor Jon. Good thing Harls is usually the instigator of hugs. :D

And that last line... Had me grinning like a nitwit, honestly. It's definitely my favorite part, not to mention just a perfect way to end the story. I can picture it so easily-probably because I've pictured a scene resembling those last four lines/paragraphs several times now but had no idea how to make it into and/or include it in an actual piece of writing. But that's just another reason why I'm so glad you wrote this. :)
AZ-woodbomb chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Jonathan Crane’s life on the fast lane continues! A babe in one hand, a corpse in the other.

In all seriousness, that is creepy. Best romance setting I’ve seen in a long time. Really reminds you who these people are.

And scalpels and Jonathan seem to go very well together.

Another fun angle about this is Harley’s lack of independence. Mister J throws her out, she goes to Ivy. Ivy throws her out, she goes to Scary. And so goes the circle. (Not that crashing at a friend’s place necessarily means you’re utterly co-dependent)
Lauralot chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
There's nothing better than the Scarecrow being cuddled against his will. I love their dialogue, partly because it's so true, partly because it's so in character, and partly because it's just plain amusing. They're so cute.
Night's King chapter 1 . 6/17/2010
Ahh, so adorable, I want to nuzzle the Scarecrow, too!

Okay, bad idea...

I don't know how you do it, but Harley and Jonathan are adorable together even when he's performing an autopsy. I mean, is there any less appealing place to discuss friendship and love than Scarecrow's lab/morgue? Maybe Killer Croc's sewer... Anyway, the atmosphere is perfect in this fic.

I love how he's so analytical with his dissection and she's climbing all over the place, moaning about Mistah J and Ivy and everything else. It's a wonderful metaphor for their personalities. Really, the interactions between these two are great.

If I wasn't a fan of the Scarecrow/Harley relationship before, I certainly am now. Bravo on the most interesting autopsy scene in TDK fanfiction. Good show!