Reviews for Heartland Heartache
dakota.doc chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I totally agree that s7 was a total let-down. The show is NOT what it was, I'm hoping the get back into shape for S8. I also won't be on pins and needles for Sept but I'm willing to hope. There hasn't been much positive feedback on the net, but I'm hoping since they have put "Tiva" on the back burner (last half of the season), they ARE listening to the forums and it WILL get back to what it was. Please don't leave this story hanging, it is good.
DreamCatcher chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I thought your characterizations were good. Tony definitely hit the mark, and I enjoy an introspective Gibbs. I love the character of Gibbs, and think there is so much below the surface that can be explored. Sorry to hear you won't be writing anymore. I am late to NCIS and have recently found, read, and thoroughly enjoyed several of your fics. Thank you!

As for Season 7, I enjoyed it quite a bit with only a few exceptions (Rena Sofer). Personally, I've never cared much for "fan" forums b/c they take away from my own enjoyment of a show with all the nitpicking.
victoriantealady chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I appreciated the view of Gibbs thoughts and reactions having to face coming home again. We all know that Gibbs has the most difficult time acknowledging and dealing with unpleasant emotions and the fractured relationship of his parents and his mom's death has to rank up there with Shannon and Kelly. I also am not pleased with the direction that the "amazing" Shane is trying to take NCIS. Just look at LA. A good show in my opinion with definite high points but nowehere near and good-humored and just plain good as the originl.

Having said that I would ask you to please think about not writing anymore NCIS just because of one season. After all, the beauty of writing is that you get to decide how you want it. So if season 7 ticks you off write things your way and enjoy. Call it AU if you want; or call season 7 and "the amazing" Shane AU and your stories the real deal.

Sorry to be soooooo long-winded but do reconsider.
Keydazy chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I thought this story was very well written. I imagine that if Gibbs ever did come to someone about what happened to his mom DiNozzo would be the most understanding.

I totally agree with you about season 7. It was a real let down for me. I'm hoping season 8 will be better but I don't think it's likely. I have a feeling they're trying to appeal to a wider (and younger) audience and that's part of the reason for dumbing down the humor, the overbearing romance and car explosions replacing quality plot. However, what I think they fail to realize is that younger viewers (like myself) enjoyed the show exactly the way it was before. If I want to watch unrealistic plots and 'who slept with who' I can watch Glee (and I do). I liked when this show was witty and the characters complex - but I digress. ANYWAYS, really good story. I love that DiNozzo was there for GIbbs and seeing Gibbs interactions with hs mother and the people in his community.
rubiesandrain chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way about the season, and I do too, but not enough to stop watching, only enough to hope it's better. I loved it, great job! :)
cyndie chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I am confused if you hated it so much, why write this? I just started watching at the end of season 7, and am trying to catch up with the shows starting at season 1. So far so good for me, maybe I will see your point the more I watch.