Reviews for Antithesis
ShadoweGoddess chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
I know I've read this before, not sure if it was on here or the KS Archive, ah well, I still love it!
Rachel chapter 1 . 6/19/2010
Well paced story, with convincing characters not placing Jim Kirk as Cadet Kirk.

Garlic allergies are scary I dated a guy whose bestfriend is allergic twice I had to dump complete meals because I forgot, then there is the guy who is allergic to tomatoes, do you have any idea the ammount of things they forget they add tomatoes too
starldy678 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I loved this story when it was posted on the other Star trek fanfic archive! it is such a great, moving fic! thanks for bringing it here to share!
karmapolice28 chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
wow darling you are G-O-O-D

0.0

first of all this is like the most original topics i've ever seen written and i was amazing!Like i almost cried...and i DON'T cry

jeez you are a freaking genius!all that emotion and how everything was put together-

i'm rambling but seriously it was amazing and refreshing.

keep thinking outside the box and typing it up please ;)
M. Monster chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
OMG I ALREADY LOVED THIS STORY ON THE KIRK/SPOCK ARCHIVES AND NOW I CAN LOVE IT HERE.

I don't know what else to say, but god. Just... fucking excellent.

I adore the line "his childhood nightmare double-spaced in twelve-point font."
passionfornight chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
Loved it. This was so adorable. It was very interesting to see Spock as the one pursuing a relationship with Kirk. And then pushing, but very gently and without any force, to move their relationship to the physical. But the ending was the best. A little bit of bossy Kirk and then cuddle time. Because I don't think that there could be anything quite as wonderful as being surrounded by a loving Vulcan.
RandomFlame chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
I adore this story.

I adored it on the meme, on you lj, in the ks archive- Whenever I see it I just stop. I stop and I read this. Then I read it again. And then a take a few moments to just breathe.

Jim is so very wrenched by this. Takes a sucker punch straight to the gut. It's like an old would in his psyche re-opens and he just lets it bleed out and keeps on going without mentioning it.

It's frightening how well Jim was able to keep it together, wraps up and hides his shock after the first few minutes. Neither Bones nor Spock was able to tell there was anything wrong, no behavior too far from the norm as to set alarm bells ringing in their heads.

Even when Jim flat out refuses the assignment Spock can't tell how deeply Jim was affected. Jim might not be noticing too much emotional nuance at this point, but what I got was that Spock was disappointed in him.

I just want to wrap Jim up in blankets and cuddle him.

The worst part for me is how he's not even trying to argue about the assignment, just accepts that he'll be gone. Doesn't try for anything even vaguely resembling comfort.

And I'm glad Tom inadvertently saved him, and that Jim is emotionally healthy enough to accept help when it's offered, even though it never comes near to crossing his mind to ask for it.
37 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3