Reviews for Playing God
Ariel-Mystic-Siren chapter 1 . 8/28
I really hope you decided to continue this story, it is amazing so far!
Oh my gosh, this is amazing! I hope you can pick this back up someday soon!
NomadRealta chapter 1 . 3/7/2013
My only complaint is that you write what seems like it would have been the best Mewtwo fanfiction on here, and then quit for three years after writing the first chapter.
BurgerMeister AK2 chapter 1 . 1/12/2012
The scientist needs to get a grip, ask for a month-long vacation, and go see his family :P I liked the details in the journal, chronicling the journey through Surinam, Guyana, and Peru! This is a LOT more detailed than the generic South America story in regards to the chase for Mew. I also like how you elaborated on the vaguely described story of Mew by Nintendo.

Question time! Will Miyamato appear or will you wrap up the story about Madame Boss? Will Giovanni attack Mewtwo on this third attempt by something unprecedented- AKA another Legendary, or maybe a Master Ball?

Where is the beloved Persian? Do Giovanni and Domino have a Clinton-Lewinski relationship?

Im intersted in Mewtwo seeing a way to avert killing Giovanni after this third assault lolz
Emo Shaman chapter 1 . 9/22/2010
You really should continue on this story. I much prefer ow you depicted cloning in this, rather than the normal sc-fi stasis tube type thing. And I always figured Sakaki would be an alcoholic (though that was kinda implied in Mewtwo Returns XD) But really, continue this!
Sereq ieh Dashret chapter 1 . 7/3/2010
Nice to have someone try to depict the cloning process accurately.

I just do not understand what the first section of the story has to do with the rest. But maybe it will be explained later?

P.s.

I like Mewtwo/Ai stories, so please keep up with it
Okhre chapter 1 . 7/1/2010
This was a nice treat to read. I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter. :)
pachysam chapter 1 . 6/22/2010
They're gonna clone Amber, Mewtwo's first human-friend?

It would be good if Ash was there to help Mewtwo in his spiritual journey with Amber.
Axletia Rosonetis chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
It's been a while since I've read a good Mewtwo fic. D I liked the characterization of Thomas Gray, especially his sixty-minute hatred. And Sakaki's last line made me smile. Just like the Boss...I hope to see the next chapter soon !
WiseAbsol chapter 1 . 6/18/2010
You know, Meriah, you just had to begin this story now, didn't you? I'm pleased you did, of course, since I've been looking forward to this story for awhile now, but still, the timing, dear! Ah well, let's dig into this fic, shall we? "Playing God," hmm? Appropriate title, to be certain.

Alright, let us begin this introduction! Okay, you already mentioned the note to me, so passing that...dammit, this already sounds awesome as soon as you mention the institute name. And my, my, Meriah, are you shouting out to a certain important college, or what, ;)? Anyhow, to actually start reading this chapter.

Heh, I know what they're all feeling quite well! So, Thomas Grey, who might you be? Well, not happy, that's for damn sure. Intriguing as your life is, however, let's move on to Sakaki, who we savor hating and loving. Heh, wow, his sense of dry humor serves to amuse me. He's dreaming of greater things, like Thomas Grey, and...there comes Domino, no doubt ready to hand over the key to answering their prayers. I love your desciption of her, and daresay I may take a leaf from your book on her at some point.

Their realtionship is intriguing...and I like how spunky she is. I do hope you focus on it in the future. Their verbal banter appeals to me...and now comes Project Omega. This promises to be interesting! So, now they get to speaking about Mew...reading more of the history...wait, so neither of the movies happened? Well, considering we're mixing anime and game canon, that makes sense. Alright, the shape of this story is beginning to form in my head.

Oh wait, I understand. Right, they had their memories erased, so this comes as entirely new information. (Laughs.) The ending exchange between them was great! Oh, I'm looking forward to reading more of this. Classic Mewtwo fanfiction at its best, with what I know will be some very new twists, ;).

Initial thoughts are that this proves very promising. I also like the incorporation of SCNT and the additions to the journal of Cinnabar Mansion. Are they not wondering how the hell they got this file in the first place...? What does Thomas Grey have to do with anything? And how does this background fit in with Ai? Was she still alive while Mewtwo was growing up? That's the only way I can think of their story playing out, if in a different format. I guess we'll see in future chapters, but this promises to be a brilliant story. I'm looking forward to more!

Sincerely,