Reviews for Year Two: Descending Light
loki0191 chapter 1 . 8/19
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that On my way! as one of the funniest intros to a doc I've ever read! Great stuff! (Though unfortunately your few mistakes did stick out) but great stuff!
Re-Reading Again chapter 17 . 3/30/2014
No matter how many times I re-read this series, I just can't bring myself to properly support Slapshipping as a viable relationship for Lia. The tension between them is a mix of hormones and empathy from mourning and trauma rather than a proper connection. It's...a juvenile comfort, and I feel like on his end it's selfish, and on her end it's more of a 'I've got nothing better going on' sort of thing.

It wasn't until my previous read-through of the series that I started to like the idea of Goldshipping—as is, it's a little mysterious, a little ominous, but altogether it feels...

I think the closest word for it is 'healthy'. It feels like a comfortable, workable dynamic that leaves them both better in the end. Slapshipping is about healing, but there's something repugnantly indulgent in it. It's been a while since your last update, and I have no illusions that this reply will have any bearing on how you write your story, but I guess I'm just really, sincerely hoping that for all the dribbles you've cranked out Slapshipping won't be endgame.

The dynamic feels...creepy. Desperate. Disgusting, if I had to be rude about it.

Whatever happens, though, your masterful prose will make it worth it, even if I have to choke back extreme discomfort and skip whole paragraphs née the end finally comes.
WoolRanch chapter 76 . 11/2/2012
Love your stories so much! I'm generally not a huge fan of OC fics, but yours is really good. Can't wait for year three to be finished! :)
Freefan1412 chapter 61 . 9/18/2012
Must get rid of this now; my guess is that Jaden and Lia are (were) something like siblings. It'd explain why they care so much about each other and why they seemed to be fighting in this chapter.
I don't know though and can't wait till you explain it.
Freefan1412 chapter 53 . 9/18/2012
When i read the part "she meant more to him than anyone in the .Not was someone else" i did a little happy dance. xd Lia is nice and all but above i adore Jaden/Yubel soulshipping.
On a side note i have to mention that i feel that my vocabulary has been reduced to very basic words; I somehow can't find words other than 'nice' and 'great' and 'amazing' to put in this reviews. xd Sorry.
Freefan1412 chapter 42 . 9/18/2012
I can't wait till Yubel appears more actively in this story. She is awesome and in this also awesome story it is gonna be just amazing.
Freefan1412 chapter 37 . 9/18/2012
It is so amazing that Jaden just can start saying all this cryptic and mysterious stuff and later have no idea what the hell he was talking about. It makes me all fidgety. :)
Freefan1412 chapter 35 . 9/18/2012
This is so exiting. I can't wait to find out what Lia's relationship is with Jaden. They don't seem to have any romantic interest in each other, thank god, but they still appear so close. And it bothers me that Lia said only one person's love matters to her. Because if that person is Jaden it just spells trouble.
Freefan1412 chapter 23 . 9/18/2012
I hope you will let the monster spirits appear more often. They are very entertaining.
Freefan1412 chapter 9 . 9/17/2012
This was great. Nice explosion. :) I'm really learning how to insult
And it is really touching how they all rally against someone who harmed one of their own. It's exiting.
On a side note i really like the contrast between the first sentence and the final situation at the
Freefan1412 chapter 7 . 9/17/2012
I like your Jaden, too. What's best about it is that one can argue that it isn't even a bit out of character; as in an reaction to the bad turn of the first year. He'd just aged faster.
And even if it isn't i still really like him. It makes him less predictable and interaction with other characters more interesting. :)
Freefan1412 chapter 2 . 9/17/2012
I loved the part from the Light's point of view and some things you mentioned there make me insanely curious to know just what the hell happened in Jaden/Hao's previous life(s). In the anime there was nothing other than the very short scene leading up to Jaden's promise to Yubel, so i hope you will explain some more about it.
Did i mention already that i also very much like how you give GX a much more serious note? Tragedy and angsty stuff is so much more touching and GX could have had a lot of those if they hadn't been toned out by humor.
Freefan1412 chapter 1 . 9/17/2012
What a way to reintroduce an OC and outline the happenings of Year One. :)
Freefan1412 chapter 64 . 9/6/2012
This is pretty amazing. :)
I don't have time to read it all throughly, but the chapters that i did read were absolutely well done. I'll put this series on my to-read list for now and give some more reviews once i have stupid time to actually enjoy this.
FirePrincess251 chapter 76 . 6/28/2012
Omg, I'm ashamed to say I did a happy dance when I saw this got updated.

Anyways love this story :) glad you're back