Reviews for New Ancients
Anne Camp aka Obi-quiet chapter 2 . 7/30/2014
This is a fun idea. I'm sorry that there isn't more. :( I do think some things were a little too easy to accomplish, and I'd like a little more SG-1 involvement, but otherwise I like the idea. :)
Philosophize chapter 2 . 7/17/2014
Please don't abandon this... It's a great beginning!
Elle chapter 1 . 6/10/2014
"It had been the Malfoys, who knew that they were such good actors?"

The Malfoys were bad guys? What a fucking shocker.
Zaralann chapter 2 . 11/5/2012
Nice!
RebelDroideka chapter 2 . 7/24/2012
Questions: If Lucius if 'out of the picture', so to speak, how will the Diary get to Hogwarts?
Also, are you seriously trying for one chapter per year?
deitarionSSokolow chapter 1 . 7/12/2012
I like the style in which the story starts off, but I have to disagree that this being fiction means that you can get away with perpetuating the myth that Columbus discovered the world was round.

Myths stay strong because people just let them pass unchallenged (the "Nobody has a problem with it. It must be true." part of how our brains work.) and, since readers never forget that an author wrote this, they hold it to slightly higher standards than real-life coincidence happenings. (The "truth is stranger than fiction" effect)

You don't have to say that we've known the Earth was round since AT LEAST 240 B.C. (when Eratosthenes of Cyrene calculated its size with pretty good accuracy using some high-school trigonometry and the angle of shadows in two different places 800km apart) and that it wasn't too difficult for the Ancient Greeks to figure out Earth's shape. Constellations were very important to ship navigation at the time and different constellations were visible if you went far enough South (That meant Earth must be, at least, a Cylinder) and that, since ships vanished over the horizon equally in all directions and the only shape which does that is a sphere, Earth must be spherical. However, you do have to give the impression that you're not some ignorant fool.

Either leave Columbus un-mentioned (the easy way out) or refocus that bit on how we didn't know of the EXISTENCE of the Americas until Columbus. (Christopher Columbus was laughed at because nobody knew about the Americas and assumed he'd have to waste a ton of time and probably starve while trying to travel the long way around on a big, empty ocean.)

Heck, it'll make your story better and more respected if you cast light on how he was a lucky nutbar who found the Caribbean because he thought the Earth was smaller than it really was and didn't give up on his attempts to get funding. It's actually a little-known and somewhat interesting detail that the place is named after the Carib people, who lost their land, their language, and most of their culture to European diseases and colonists hungry for land. I think I remember reading that Columbus also took a bunch of them as slaves.

In short, all I'm saying is that enough people know Columbus's glory to be a lie, that your story makes a bad first impression if you mention Columbus and give the impression that you are either unaware of or purposefully ignoring that fact.
Cibbler chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
This is some good writing. Hope to see more of it.
Cibbler chapter 2 . 5/29/2012
This is some good writing. Hope to see more of it.
Norseman4 chapter 2 . 5/8/2012
So, I'm reading this 'new' story, and I liked the two chapters, then went to add it to my alerts ... only to find that it's already on my alerts. (Looked and saw the publish/update dates)

I like the concept, but is a 15 month update schedule going to be average?
readsalot2002 chapter 2 . 3/29/2012
this is a very interact story plot i hope you plan to finish it for it looks to be a great one. I can not wait for more.
bigmac2759 chapter 2 . 3/20/2012
I came upon this story by accident and I am glad I did. This is a very interesting two chapters and I am looking forward to this story continuing. In addition, I am a Stargate fan and an HP/SG crossover is always a treat.

Glad to hear that life seems to have evened out a bit for you. Good luck in your new job.
RoughIslandSunrise chapter 2 . 3/13/2012
Update soon please
Barranca chapter 2 . 2/19/2012
I wonder if Harry and Hermione will be able to make the wizarding world into a better place now that they have intimately gotten acquainted with all the downsides and undesirable persons of the future. I gather that Harry's readiness to use "whatever means necessary" to get rid of Malfoy falls into the category of their usual modus operandi. I'm looking forward to seeing the havoc they'll cause!
MerlinGodricRowenaHelga chapter 2 . 2/13/2012